5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Extremely angry; furious.
- b noun: A person with refined taste, especially in food and wine.
- c verb: To voice opposition; to object.
- d noun: Something out of its proper or chronological order, especially a person or practice that belongs to an earlier time.
- e adjective: Open to bribery; willing to be corrupted; capable of betraying honor, duty, or ethics for financial or material gain.
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: A string or chain of flowers, foliage, or ribbons, suspended in a curve between two points.
verb: To decorate or embellish with ornament.
- adjective: Secluded and contemplative; strictly disciplined or regimented. (self-abnegating, ascetic, austere, insular).
- noun: The period of development in the uterus from conception until birth.
- noun: A place where two things are joined. (confluence).
- adjective: Many and varied; of many kinds; diverse. (heterogeneous).
5 True/False questions
Shibboleth → noun: A peculiarity of behavior, mode of dress, or pronunciation that distinguishes a particular class or set of persons.
Quid pro quo → noun: Something that is given or taken in return for something else; a reciprocal exchange.
Nether → verb: To remain devoted to or be in support of something.
Noxious → adjective: Harmful to living things; injurious to physical or mental health. (pernicious).
Oblique → adjective: Harmful to living things; injurious to physical or mental health. (pernicious).