5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a adjective: Hardened against feeling; stubbornly impenitent; not giving into persuasion. (callous, insensate, insentient, obstinate, pertinacious).
- b verb: To bring up; to nurture; to promote growth and development.
- c noun: A place where two things are joined. (confluence).
- d adjective: Harmful to living things; injurious to physical or mental health. (pernicious).
- e noun: A person or thing that assumes the leadership or forefront, as of a profession or industry.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- adjective: Open to bribery; willing to be corrupted; capable of betraying honor, duty, or ethics for financial or material gain.
- verb: To remain devoted to or be in support of something.
- noun: A structure, usually brick or stone, built against a wall for support or reinforcement. (bulwark).
- noun: A peculiarity of behavior, mode of dress, or pronunciation that distinguishes a particular class or set of persons.
- verb: To hold back; to restrain; to prohibit.
5 True/False Questions
Concede → adjective: Easily understood; clear and perceptible; intelligible.
Anodyne → adjective: Capable of soothing or eliminating pain.
noun: A medicine, such as aspirin, that relieves pain.
Nether → verb: To bring up; to nurture; to promote growth and development.
Expound → adjective: Harmful to living things; injurious to physical or mental health. (pernicious).
Indemnity → verb: To hold back; to restrain; to prohibit.