5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Quid pro quo
- a noun: Something that is given or taken in return for something else; a reciprocal exchange.
- b adjective: Secluded and contemplative; strictly disciplined or regimented. (self-abnegating, ascetic, austere, insular).
- c adjective: Extremely angry; furious.
- d noun: A structure, usually brick or stone, built against a wall for support or reinforcement. (bulwark).
- e verb: To remain devoted to or be in support of something.
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Open to bribery; willing to be corrupted; capable of betraying honor, duty, or ethics for financial or material gain.
- noun: A place where two things are joined. (confluence).
- noun: A peculiarity of behavior, mode of dress, or pronunciation that distinguishes a particular class or set of persons.
- noun: A minute amount; an iota or trace; virtually imperceptible.
- adjective: Harmful to living things; injurious to physical or mental health. (pernicious).
5 True/False questions
Expound → verb: To explain in detail; to examine; to clarify. (amplify, elucidate, expatiate).
Inhibit → adjective: Extremely angry; furious.
Bellwether → adjective: Located beneath or below; lower or under.
Inanition → noun: The beginning of something, such as an undertaking; a commencement.
Insular → adjective: Of, relating to, or constituting an island. (parochial).