5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Of, relating to, or constituting an island. (parochial).
- b adjective: Secluded and contemplative; strictly disciplined or regimented. (self-abnegating, ascetic, austere, insular).
- c verb: To remain devoted to or be in support of something.
- d noun: A structure, usually brick or stone, built against a wall for support or reinforcement. (bulwark).
- e verb: To bring up; to nurture; to promote growth and development.
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: An inference or conclusion that does not follow logically from the premises or evidence provided.
- verb: To acknowledge, often reluctantly, as being true, just, or proper.
- adjective: Conspicuously bad, offensive, or reprehensible.
- adjective: Clearly apparent to the sight or understanding; obvious.
verb: To evidence; to prove; to show or demonstrate plainly; to reveal.
- adjective: Open to bribery; willing to be corrupted; capable of betraying honor, duty, or ethics for financial or material gain.
5 True/False questions
Livid → adjective: Easily understood; clear and perceptible; intelligible.
Obdurate → adjective: Indirect or evasive; devious, misleading, or dishonest. (prevaricating, equivocating).
Quid pro quo → verb: To remain devoted to or be in support of something.
Inhibit → adjective: Extremely angry; furious.
Categorical → adjective: Being without exception or qualification. (definitive, unequivocal).