5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Secluded and contemplative; strictly disciplined or regimented. (self-abnegating, ascetic, austere, insular).
- b adjective: Being without exception or qualification. (definitive, unequivocal).
- c noun: A place where two things are joined. (confluence).
- d adjective: Clearly apparent to the sight or understanding; obvious.
verb: To evidence; to prove; to show or demonstrate plainly; to reveal.
- e adjective: Harmful to living things; injurious to physical or mental health. (pernicious).
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Open to bribery; willing to be corrupted; capable of betraying honor, duty, or ethics for financial or material gain.
- noun: A person with refined taste, especially in food and wine.
- noun: A peculiarity of behavior, mode of dress, or pronunciation that distinguishes a particular class or set of persons.
- adjective: Located beneath or below; lower or under.
- verb: To bring up; to nurture; to promote growth and development.
5 True/False questions
Anodyne → adjective: Capable of soothing or eliminating pain.
noun: A medicine, such as aspirin, that relieves pain.
Bellwether → noun: A person or thing that assumes the leadership or forefront, as of a profession or industry.
Livid → adjective: Easily understood; clear and perceptible; intelligible.
Non sequitur → adjective: Harmful to living things; injurious to physical or mental health. (pernicious).
Obdurate → adjective: Hardened against feeling; stubbornly impenitent; not giving into persuasion. (callous, insensate, insentient, obstinate, pertinacious).