5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- BATTLE of YORKTOWN
- The CONTINENTAL ARMY
- Declaration of Independence continued
- Friedrich von Steuben
- a longest section was the colonists grievences, justification for revolution. Stated how colonists had tried to resolve differences peacefully. Said King was unfit to govern. CONCLUSION= 13 COLONIES DECLARE INDEPENDENCE- approved unanimously July 4, 1776. INDEPENDENCE DAY = July 4th every year since.
- b American Colonists army- the Patriots/home team- led by General GEORGE WASHINGTON.
- c U.S. DEFEATED BRITISH GENERAL CORNWALLIS at YORKTOWN. British SURRENDERED to END WAR.
- d PRUSSIAN SOLDIER who came to U.S. & trained troops
- e COLONIAL FIGHTERS that could be READY IN A MINUTE to defend Massachusetts.
5 Multiple choice questions
- PHILADELPHIA MAY 1775- Attendees= John Hancock, Samuel Adams, John Adams, George Washington, Patrick Henry & others. Issued OLIVE BRANCH PETITION. Authorized & approved the DECLARATION of INDEPENDENCE.
- lowest point for U.S.- WASHINGTON'S troops suffered through harsh winter with few supplies
- A UNION OF STATES in which each member state retains some independent control over internal & external affairs. Thus, for international purposes, there are separate states, not just one state. A federation, in contrast, is a union of states in which external affairs are controlled by a unified, central government.
- most American soldiers enlisted for only one year. They would leave when they weren't paid or when they had to plant crops or harvest crops at home.
- Troops on horseback
5 True/False questions
ALLY → to JOIN, or enlist someone, in an ASSOCIATION with OTHER STATES, ORGANIZATIONS, or PEOPLE FOR A COMMON PURPOSE.
Nathan Hale → U.S. officer caught by British spying- CONDEMNED to DEATH- he said, " I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."
Thaddeus Kosciusko → 20% of colonials who remained loyal to Britain.
BATTLE OF LEXINGTON & CONCORD- 1775 → General Gage tried to capture a store of Patriot arms. Patriots knew "The Redcoats are coming!!". 8 colonists & 1 British soldier killed at Lexington. Patriots forced the British to retreat at Concord.
SOVEREIGNTY → COLONIAL FIGHTERS that could be READY IN A MINUTE to defend Massachusetts.