5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- BATTLE of YORKTOWN
- VALLEY FORGE 1777-1778
- Friedrich von Steuben
- Marquis da Lafayette
- a SOLDIERS who FIGHT for MONEY & NOT OUT of loyalty to any country.
- b U.S. DEFEATED BRITISH GENERAL CORNWALLIS at YORKTOWN. British SURRENDERED to END WAR.
- c lowest point for U.S.- WASHINGTON'S troops suffered through harsh winter with few supplies
- d PRUSSIAN SOLDIER who came to U.S. & trained troops
- e FRENCH NOBLEMAN who brought trained soldiers to U.S.- became trusted friend of Washington
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to JOIN, or enlist someone, in an ASSOCIATION with OTHER STATES, ORGANIZATIONS, or PEOPLE FOR A COMMON PURPOSE.
- name for colonial soldiers in NEW CONTINENTAL ARMY
- U.S. SURPRISE ATTACK on TRENTON- started with a Christmas night crossing of the DELAWARE RIVER (famous painting of this) surprised Hessians guarding Trenton & took most prisoner. WASHINGTON fooled Brits by fake campfires while U.S. troops snuck out to attack Princeton. VICTORY gave U.S. hope.
- longest section was the colonists grievences, justification for revolution. Stated how colonists had tried to resolve differences peacefully. Said King was unfit to govern. CONCLUSION= 13 COLONIES DECLARE INDEPENDENCE- approved unanimously July 4, 1776. INDEPENDENCE DAY = July 4th every year since.
- A UNION OF STATES in which each member state retains some independent control over internal & external affairs. Thus, for international purposes, there are separate states, not just one state. A federation, in contrast, is a union of states in which external affairs are controlled by a unified, central government.
5 True/False Questions
2nd CONTINENTAL CONGRESS-1775 → American Colonists army- the Patriots/home team- led by General GEORGE WASHINGTON.
CAVALRY → Troops on horseback
BATTLE OF LEXINGTON & CONCORD- 1775 → British General HOWE led 34,000 troops & 10,000 sailors VS. WASHINGTON'S 20,000 poorly trained troops & no navy. Colonists lost & retreated to Manhattan.
BLOCKADE → Blocking ports so no boats can enter or leave
The CONTINENTAL ARMY → American Colonists army- the Patriots/home team- led by General GEORGE WASHINGTON.