5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Prince Henry
- a Technological advances in food storage and ship design in the 1900s made these expeditions possible.
- b Set up a centre for marine science and navigation
- c Cold clouds of dust and gases within a galaxy is refered to as a ______________
- d This type of navigation relies on using the stars to determine ones relative position on earth
- e An educated guess made to explain a phenomenon is called a ________________
5 Multiple choice questions
- study sea floor sediments, plate tectonics, history of the earth and atmosphere
- The process in which the earth develops different layers, due to the denser materials sinking to the centre and the lighter materials rising to the top is called ______________
- The invention of the __________ and central rudder, and improvements in sail design were contributions made by the Chinese.
- First regular ocean traders
- The process (or result) of applying the scientific method to the ocean, its surroundings and the life within it is called _________________
5 True/False questions
Cook → European who New Zealand
Chronometer → In early history, the people who voyaged in order to show off their dynasty and riches were the ______________
Leif → The Big Bang is proposed to have occured _________ billion years ago.
Chemical Oceanographers → study chemical composition of the oceans and their relationships to geology and biology.
Benjamin Franklin → The idea that the universe was created from a central point that started expanding is referred to as the _____________