5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sir James Ross
- a Took the earliest depth measurements
- b during the dark ages they wet on periodic raids. ships were so fast they could sail up rivers
- c Earth was created ______________ billion years ago.
- d The Milky Way is a specific ________________
- e Integrated science studying the sea that including biology, chemistry, physics, and geology
5 Multiple choice questions
- _____________ was the first to sail around the world.
- The process in which the earth develops different layers, due to the denser materials sinking to the centre and the lighter materials rising to the top is called ______________
- Charles Thomson and John Murray led first scientific oceanographic voyage. 4 yrs. thought they was no life below 1,800ft. able to sample down to 26,850ft. found 4,717 new species. took 15 yrs. to produce the "Challenger Report" 50 volume report.
- In early history, the people who voyaged in order to show off their dynasty and riches were the ______________
- European who mapped the Great Barrier Reef
5 True/False questions
Nebula → Technological advances in food storage and ship design in the 1900s made these expeditions possible.
Sun → Massive spheres of gases giving off light by fusing hydrogen atoms into helium are known as _____________
Benjamin Franklin → Published the first chart of any current
Chemical Oceanographers → Integrated science studying the sea that including biology, chemistry, physics, and geology
Glomar → This expedition in 1968 found evidence to support sea floor spreading and plate tectonics.