5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Matthew Maury
- Sir James Ross
- a The US Exploring Expedition explored ______________
- b Father of physical oceanography
- c Integrated science studying the sea that including biology, chemistry, physics, and geology
- d Took the earliest depth measurements
- e Of the water found on earth, about _________ is found in oceans.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The early stage of a star is refered to as ______________
- Earth is about ___________ water.
- In early history, the people who voyaged in order to show off their dynasty and riches were the ______________
- during the dark ages they wet on periodic raids. ships were so fast they could sail up rivers
- a large, hot ball of gases, which is held together by gravity and gives off its own light
5 True/False Questions
polar → a large, hot ball of gases, which is held together by gravity and gives off its own light
Cartographers → Make charts of the sea
Polynesians → Among the first to use celestial navigation
Marine Geologists → study how to build ocean going to vessels, harbors, oil platforms, etc.
15 → Earth is about ___________ water.