5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Cold clouds of dust and gases within a galaxy is refered to as a ______________
- b This type of navigation relies on using the stars to determine ones relative position on earth
- c Technological advances in food storage and ship design in the 1900s made these expeditions possible.
- d Organized shipborne commerce on the Nile River!
- e This Viking is thought to have been the first to land on North America.
5 Multiple choice questions
- First regular ocean traders
- Invented the chronometer
- Of the water found on earth, about _________ is found in oceans.
- The Milky Way is a specific ________________
- Integrated science studying the sea that including biology, chemistry, physics, and geology
5 True/False questions
Compass → European who mapped the Great Barrier Reef
Ptolemy → Technological advances in food storage and ship design in the 1900s made these expeditions possible.
Polynesians → Organized shipborne commerce on the Nile River!
Magellan → _____________ was the first to sail around the world.
Sir James Ross → Took the earliest depth measurements