5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The Big Bang is proposed to have occured _________ billion years ago.
- b Massive spheres of gases giving off light by fusing hydrogen atoms into helium are known as _____________
- c First to calculate the circumference of the Earth
- d during the dark ages they wet on periodic raids. ships were so fast they could sail up rivers
- e Technological advances in food storage and ship design in the 1900s made these expeditions possible.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The process in which the earth develops different layers, due to the denser materials sinking to the centre and the lighter materials rising to the top is called ______________
- Father of physical oceanography
- The process (or result) of applying the scientific method to the ocean, its surroundings and the life within it is called _________________
- The early stage of a star is refered to as ______________
- Earth was created ______________ billion years ago.
5 True/False questions
97% → Earth is about ___________ water.
Columbus → European who New Zealand
Ptolemy → This person's estimate of the circumference of the earth was used by Christopher Columbus
Hypothesis → An educated guess made to explain a phenomenon is called a ________________
Chinese → In early history, the people who voyaged in order to show off their dynasty and riches were the ______________