5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- First Library of Alexandria
- Big Bang
- a The idea that the universe was created from a central point that started expanding is referred to as the _____________
- b contained written info on items of interest to seafarers. All ships that entered the harbor were recorded and a copy of records was kept there.
- c Observations show that the universe is _____________
- d In early history, the people who voyaged in order to show off their dynasty and riches were the ______________
- e Make charts of the sea
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- huge group of stars, dust, gas, and other celestial bodies bound together by gravitational force
- Set up a centre for marine science and navigation
- The US Exploring Expedition explored ______________
- during the dark ages they wet on periodic raids. ships were so fast they could sail up rivers
- An educated guess made to explain a phenomenon is called a ________________
5 True/False Questions
15 → Earth is about ___________ water.
Solar System → a group of planets that orbit around a fixed point of gravity EX. sun
Eratosthenes → An educated guess made to explain a phenomenon is called a ________________
Columbus → This expedition in 1968 found evidence to support sea floor spreading and plate tectonics.
Protostar → Technological advances in food storage and ship design in the 1900s made these expeditions possible.