5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Big Bang
- Sir James Ross
- a during the dark ages they wet on periodic raids. ships were so fast they could sail up rivers
- b European who New Zealand
- c Took the earliest depth measurements
- d The idea that the universe was created from a central point that started expanding is referred to as the _____________
- e Among the first to use celestial navigation
5 Multiple choice questions
- This expedition in 1968 found evidence to support sea floor spreading and plate tectonics.
- Make charts of the sea
- The Milky Way is a specific ________________
- The US Exploring Expedition explored ______________
- study chemical composition of the oceans and their relationships to geology and biology.
5 True/False questions
Cook → a large, hot ball of gases, which is held together by gravity and gives off its own light
Echo Sounder → This is used to map the deep ocean floor.
Eratosthenes → An educated guess made to explain a phenomenon is called a ________________
Ocean → This Viking is thought to have been the first to land on North America.
Star → Massive spheres of gases giving off light by fusing hydrogen atoms into helium are known as _____________