5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Technological advances in food storage and ship design in the 1900s made these expeditions possible.
- b The early stage of a star is refered to as ______________
- c This expedition started the science of oceanography
- d Organized shipborne commerce on the Nile River!
- e European who mapped the Great Barrier Reef
5 Multiple choice questions
- John Harrison invented the ________________
- The process (or result) of applying the scientific method to the ocean, its surroundings and the life within it is called _________________
- This expedition in 1968 found evidence to support sea floor spreading and plate tectonics.
- This person's estimate of the circumference of the earth was used by Christopher Columbus
- The vast body of saline water that occupies the depressions of the earth's surface is called the _______________
5 True/False questions
Stick Charts → a large, hot ball of gases, which is held together by gravity and gives off its own light
Polynesians → Among the first to use celestial navigation
Columbus → The invention of the __________ and central rudder, and improvements in sail design were contributions made by the Chinese.
Antartica → The US Exploring Expedition explored ______________
Density Stratification → The US Exploring Expedition explored ______________