5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Big Bang
- Cretans and Phoenicians
- a The idea that the universe was created from a central point that started expanding is referred to as the _____________
- b The invention of the __________ and central rudder, and improvements in sail design were contributions made by the Chinese.
- c Earth was created ______________ billion years ago.
- d This type of oceanographer studies teh aspects of the ocean such as tides, currents and ocean circulation
- e First regular ocean traders
5 Multiple choice questions
- during the dark ages they wet on periodic raids. ships were so fast they could sail up rivers
- European who mapped the Great Barrier Reef
- Organized shipborne commerce on the Nile River!
- Father of physical oceanography
- Make charts of the sea
5 True/False questions
Leif → This Viking is thought to have been the first to land on North America.
First Library of Alexandria → contained written info on items of interest to seafarers. All ships that entered the harbor were recorded and a copy of records was kept there.
Celestial → a large, hot ball of gases, which is held together by gravity and gives off its own light
Oceanography → The process (or result) of applying the scientific method to the ocean, its surroundings and the life within it is called _________________
Galaxy → studied ship's logs with wind and temp data. assembled it into wind and current charts & issued them to sailors for giving him their logs when they returned.