5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Marine Geologists
- a The vast body of saline water that occupies the depressions of the earth's surface is called the _______________
- b Of the water found on earth, about _________ is found in oceans.
- c This expedition started the science of oceanography
- d huge group of stars, dust, gas, and other celestial bodies bound together by gravitational force
- e study sea floor sediments, plate tectonics, history of the earth and atmosphere
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- First cartographers
- discovered the New world by accident. the native americans had lived there for at least 11,000 years.
- First regular ocean traders
- The Milky Way is a specific ________________
- Among the first to use celestial navigation
5 True/False Questions
Vinland → Technological advances in food storage and ship design in the 1900s made these expeditions possible.
Cook → The vast body of saline water that occupies the depressions of the earth's surface is called the _______________
First Library of Alexandria → contained written info on items of interest to seafarers. All ships that entered the harbor were recorded and a copy of records was kept there.
Echo Sounder → This is used to map the deep ocean floor.
Cook → European who New Zealand