5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Stick Charts
- a Technological advances in food storage and ship design in the 1900s made these expeditions possible.
- b This expedition started the science of oceanography
- c John Harrison invented the ________________
- d Earliest form of navigational or oceanographic map made of bamboo and shells
- e Of the water found on earth, about _________ is found in oceans.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The US Exploring Expedition explored ______________
- This type of navigation relies on using the stars to determine ones relative position on earth
- Father of physical oceanography
- This expedition in 1968 found evidence to support sea floor spreading and plate tectonics.
- First cartographers
5 True/False questions
Chemical Oceanographers → study chemical composition of the oceans and their relationships to geology and biology.
Marine Geologists → study how to build ocean going to vessels, harbors, oil platforms, etc.
Echo Sounder → This expedition started the science of oceanography
Leif → Massive spheres of gases giving off light by fusing hydrogen atoms into helium are known as _____________
Sir James Ross → John Harrison invented the ________________