5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Control Sample
- Enzymes (Proteomes)
- Cell Signaling (Proteomes)
- Vertical Descent with Mutation
- Unit of Organization
- a a sample that receives no treatment during an experiment, and demonstrates what happens if no experimental variables are applied.
- b Proteins that speed up chemical reactions. Proteins function as enzymes to synthesize and break down cellular molecules and macromolecules.
- c Proteins are needed for cell signaling with other cells and with the environment. The molecular mechanisms by which cells detect and respond to external stimuli and send messages to other cells
- d 1. Progression of changes in a lineage
2. New species evolve from preexisting species by the accumulation of mutations
3. Natural selection takes advantage of beneficial mutations
- e 1. Atoms
2. Molecules and Macromolecules
5 Multiple choice questions
- One of two prokaryotic domains of life, the other being Bacteria. Unicellular Prokaryote.
- Connected by an Evolutionary History
- Is the entire protein complement of a cell or organism. Proteins are largely responsible for the structure and function of cells and complete organisms. All of the proteins that a cell or organism can make.
- 1. Cells and Organization
2. Energy Use and Metabolism
3. Response to Environmental Changes
4. Regulation and Homeostasis
5. Growth and Development
7. Biological Evolution
- DoKi P ClOFaGeS
- Domain (largest)
- Species (smallest) It describes genetically similar individuals that are capable of mating to produce fertile offspring.
5 True/False questions
Hypothesis Testing → 5 Stage Process
1. Observations are made regarding natural phenomena.
2. These observations lead to a hypothesis that tries to explain the phenomena. A useful hypothesis is one that is testable because it makes specific preditions.
3. Experimentation is conducted to determine if the predictions are correct.
4. The data from the experiment are analyzed.
5. The hypothesis is considered to be consistent with the data, or it is rejected.
Cell Organization (Proteomes) → Proteins organize the components within cells
Unit of Life → Science is the observation, identification, experimental investigation and theoretical explanation of natural phenomena.
Cell Theory → 1. All living things are composed of one or more cell.
2. Cells are the units of life
3. New cells come only from preexisting cells by cell division
Experimental Group → in an experiment, the group that is exposed to the treatment, that is, to one version of the independent variable.