5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Discovery Based Science
- Modern Forms of Life-Diversity
- Hypothesis Testing
- Taxonomic Group
- a Experimentation that does not require a preconceived hypothesis. In some cases, the goal is to collect data to be able to formulate a hypothesis.
- b entire set of genetic information that an organism carries in its DNA
- c 1. Diverse environments support diverse organisms.
- d 5 Stage Process
1. Observations are made regarding natural phenomena.
2. These observations lead to a hypothesis that tries to explain the phenomena. A useful hypothesis is one that is testable because it makes specific preditions.
3. Experimentation is conducted to determine if the predictions are correct.
4. The data from the experiment are analyzed.
5. The hypothesis is considered to be consistent with the data, or it is rejected.
- e DoKi P ClOFaGeS
- Domain (largest)
- Species (smallest) It describes genetically similar individuals that are capable of mating to produce fertile offspring.
5 Multiple choice questions
- identification, naming, and classification of species based on common vertical descent ancestry.
- a sample that receives no treatment during an experiment, and demonstrates what happens if no experimental variables are applied.
- Is the entire protein complement of a cell or organism. Proteins are largely responsible for the structure and function of cells and complete organisms. All of the proteins that a cell or organism can make.
- If exercise is related to weight loss then increasing the amount of daily exercise in someone's routine will cause them to lose weight.
- Proteins facilitate the uptake and export of substances. Protein molecules that help to transport substances throughout the body and across cell membranes
5 True/False questions
Enzymes (Proteomes) → Is the entire protein complement of a cell or organism. Proteins are largely responsible for the structure and function of cells and complete organisms. All of the proteins that a cell or organism can make.
Cell Organization (Proteomes) → Proteins are needed for cell signaling with other cells and with the environment. The molecular mechanisms by which cells detect and respond to external stimuli and send messages to other cells
Experimental Group → independent variable, the component or factor being tested
Modern Forms of Life-Unity → 1. All modern forms of life display a common set of characteristics.
2. Based on biological evolution.
Modern Forms of Life → Connected by an Evolutionary History