5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- All life-forms are composed of ____.
- Vertical Descent with Mutation
- Modern Forms of Life-Diversity
- Taxonomic Group
- Seven Characteristics of Life
- a 1. Progression of changes in a lineage
2. New species evolve from preexisting species by the accumulation of mutations
3. Natural selection takes advantage of beneficial mutations
- b DoKi P ClOFaGeS
- Domain (largest)
- Species (smallest) It describes genetically similar individuals that are capable of mating to produce fertile offspring.
- c 1. Cells and Organization
2. Energy Use and Metabolism
3. Response to Environmental Changes
4. Regulation and Homeostasis
5. Growth and Development
7. Biological Evolution
- d 1. Diverse environments support diverse organisms.
- e Matter
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Proteins are involved in cell shape and movement
- 1. Stores information in a stable form: The genome of every organism stores information that provides a blueprint to create its characteristics.
2. Provides continuity from generation to generation: The genome is copied and transmitted from generation to generation.
3. Acts as an instrument of evolutionary change: Every now and then, the genome undergoes a mutation that may alter the characteristics of an organism. In addition, a genome may acquire new genes by horizontal gene transfer. The accumulation of such changes from generation to generation produces the evolutionary changes that alter species and produce new species.
- independent variable, the component or factor being tested
- the experimental factor that is manipulated; the variable whose effect is being studied
- (microbiology) single-celled or noncellular spherical or spiral or rod-shaped organisms lacking chlorophyll that reproduce by fission
5 True/False Questions
Archaea → One of two prokaryotic domains of life, the other being Bacteria. Unicellular Prokaryote.
Control Group → the group that does not receive the experimental treatment.
Unit of Life → Cells are the units of life
Taxonomy → identification, naming, and classification of species based on common vertical descent ancestry.
Discovery Based Science → a sample that receives no treatment during an experiment, and demonstrates what happens if no experimental variables are applied.