5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Unit of Organization
- Modern Forms of Life-Unity
- Modern Forms of Life
- Cell Theory
- a 1. All modern forms of life display a common set of characteristics.
2. Based on biological evolution.
- b Connected by an Evolutionary History
- c 1. Atoms
2. Molecules and Macromolecules
- d (microbiology) single-celled or noncellular spherical or spiral or rod-shaped organisms lacking chlorophyll that reproduce by fission
- e 1. All living things are composed of one or more cell.
2. Cells are the units of life
3. New cells come only from preexisting cells by cell division
5 Multiple choice questions
- identification, naming, and classification of species based on common vertical descent ancestry.
- a sample that receives no treatment during an experiment, and demonstrates what happens if no experimental variables are applied.
- Experimentation that does not require a preconceived hypothesis. In some cases, the goal is to collect data to be able to formulate a hypothesis.
- 1. Proposed explanation for a natural phenomenon
2. Educated guess based on previous observations or experimental studies
3. Hypothesis must make predictions that can shown to be correct or incorrect (must be falsifiable)
4. Additional observations or experiments support or reject a hypothesis
5. A hypothesis is never absolutely proven
6. We may not have found the true explanation for a phenomenon.
- If exercise is related to weight loss then increasing the amount of daily exercise in someone's routine will cause them to lose weight.
5 True/False questions
Biology → identification, naming, and classification of species based on common vertical descent ancestry.
Enzymes (Proteomes) → Is the entire protein complement of a cell or organism. Proteins are largely responsible for the structure and function of cells and complete organisms. All of the proteins that a cell or organism can make.
Prokaryotes → Is the entire protein complement of a cell or organism. Proteins are largely responsible for the structure and function of cells and complete organisms. All of the proteins that a cell or organism can make.
Horizontal Gene Transfer → 1. Genetic exchange between different species
2. Relatively rare
3. Ex: Genes that confer antibiotic resistance are sometimes transferred between different bacteria species
Modern Forms of Life-Diversity → 1. Diverse environments support diverse organisms.