5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- All life-forms are composed of ____.
- Extracellular Proteins (Proteomes)
- Experimental Group
- Seven Characteristics of Life
- a in an experiment, the group that is exposed to the treatment, that is, to one version of the independent variable.
- b Proteins hold cells together in tissues.
- c Matter
- d 1. Cells and Organization
2. Energy Use and Metabolism
3. Response to Environmental Changes
4. Regulation and Homeostasis
5. Growth and Development
7. Biological Evolution
- e entire set of genetic information that an organism carries in its DNA
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 5 Stage Process
1. Observations are made regarding natural phenomena.
2. These observations lead to a hypothesis that tries to explain the phenomena. A useful hypothesis is one that is testable because it makes specific preditions.
3. Experimentation is conducted to determine if the predictions are correct.
4. The data from the experiment are analyzed.
5. The hypothesis is considered to be consistent with the data, or it is rejected.
- Proteins facilitate the uptake and export of substances. Protein molecules that help to transport substances throughout the body and across cell membranes
- (microbiology) single-celled or noncellular spherical or spiral or rod-shaped organisms lacking chlorophyll that reproduce by fission
- Proteins are involved in cell shape and movement
- Science is the observation, identification, experimental investigation and theoretical explanation of natural phenomena.
5 True/False Questions
Discovery Based Science → Connected by an Evolutionary History
Unit of Organization → Cells are the units of life
Control Sample → the group that does not receive the experimental treatment.
Archaea → entire set of genetic information that an organism carries in its DNA
Horizontal Gene Transfer → 1. Genetic exchange between different species
2. Relatively rare
3. Ex: Genes that confer antibiotic resistance are sometimes transferred between different bacteria species