5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Horizontal Gene Transfer
- Vertical Descent with Mutation
- Experimental Group
- a 1. Genetic exchange between different species
2. Relatively rare
3. Ex: Genes that confer antibiotic resistance are sometimes transferred between different bacteria species
- b 1. Progression of changes in a lineage
2. New species evolve from preexisting species by the accumulation of mutations
3. Natural selection takes advantage of beneficial mutations
- c in an experiment, the group that is exposed to the treatment, that is, to one version of the independent variable.
- d (microbiology) single-celled or noncellular spherical or spiral or rod-shaped organisms lacking chlorophyll that reproduce by fission
- e One of two prokaryotic domains of life, the other being Bacteria. Unicellular Prokaryote.
5 Multiple choice questions
- in a modern taxonomic system, a domain made up of all eukaryotes; this domain aligns with the traditional kingdoms Protista, Fungi, Plantae, and Animalia
- Is the entire protein complement of a cell or organism. Proteins are largely responsible for the structure and function of cells and complete organisms. All of the proteins that a cell or organism can make.
- 1. Atoms
2. Molecules and Macromolecules
- If exercise is related to weight loss then increasing the amount of daily exercise in someone's routine will cause them to lose weight.
- identification, naming, and classification of species based on common vertical descent ancestry.
5 True/False questions
Transport Proteins (Proteomes) → Proteins facilitate the uptake and export of substances. Protein molecules that help to transport substances throughout the body and across cell membranes
Modern Forms of Life-Diversity → 1. All modern forms of life display a common set of characteristics.
2. Based on biological evolution.
Unit of Life → Science is the observation, identification, experimental investigation and theoretical explanation of natural phenomena.
Biology → Science is the observation, identification, experimental investigation and theoretical explanation of natural phenomena.
All life-forms are composed of ____. → Matter