5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Independent Variable
- Taxonomic Group
- Experimental Group
- Cell Theory
- a the experimental factor that is manipulated; the variable whose effect is being studied
- b in an experiment, the group that is exposed to the treatment, that is, to one version of the independent variable.
- c identification, naming, and classification of species based on common vertical descent ancestry.
- d DoKi P ClOFaGeS
- Domain (largest)
- Species (smallest) It describes genetically similar individuals that are capable of mating to produce fertile offspring.
- e 1. All living things are composed of one or more cell.
2. Cells are the units of life
3. New cells come only from preexisting cells by cell division
5 Multiple choice questions
- a sample that receives no treatment during an experiment, and demonstrates what happens if no experimental variables are applied.
- single-celled organisms that do not have a membrane-bound nucleus
- 1. Diverse environments support diverse organisms.
- Proteins that speed up chemical reactions. Proteins function as enzymes to synthesize and break down cellular molecules and macromolecules.
- in a modern taxonomic system, a domain made up of all eukaryotes; this domain aligns with the traditional kingdoms Protista, Fungi, Plantae, and Animalia
5 True/False questions
Experimental Variable → in an experiment, the group that is exposed to the treatment, that is, to one version of the independent variable.
Discovery Based Science → Connected by an Evolutionary History
Modern Forms of Life-Unity → 1. All modern forms of life display a common set of characteristics.
2. Based on biological evolution.
Hypothesis Testing → If exercise is related to weight loss then increasing the amount of daily exercise in someone's routine will cause them to lose weight.
All life-forms are composed of ____. → Connected by an Evolutionary History