5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- List organs of the Endocrine System and describe its general function.
- List organs of the Muscular System and describe its general function.
- Describe three types of body sections.
- Which organs occupy the thoracic cavity, abdominal cavity, and the pelvic cavity?
- List organs of the Respiratory System and describe its general function.
- a Sagittal: lengthwise cut, divides the body into right and left portions.
Transverse: divides the body into superior and inferior portions.
Frontal: divides the body into anterior & posterior portions.
- b Muscles
Cause movement, maintain posture, produce body heat.
- c Nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi, and lungs.
Intake and output of air, exchange of gases between air and blood.
- d Glands that secrete hormones
Control metabolic activities of body structures.
- e Thoracic: lungs & a region between the lungs, heart, esophagus, trachea, and thymus.
Abdominal: stomach, liver, spleen, gallbladder, kidney, small/large intestines.
Pelvic: terminal end of large intestines, urinary bladder, internal reproductive organs.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Skin, hair, nails, sweat glands, sebaceous glands.
Protect tissue, regulate body temp, support sensory receptors.
- Mouth, tongue, teeth, salivary glands, pharynx, esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreases, small/large intestines.
Receive, break down, and absorb food; eliminate unabsorbed material
- anatomical structures make it possible to learn their function. Each part contributes to the whole. Parts form a well organized unit- the human organism.
- Lymphatic vessels, lymph nodes, thymus, spleen
Return tissue fluid to the blood, carry certain absorbed food molecules, defend the body against infection
- Heart, arteries, capillaries, veins.
Move blood through blood vessels and transport substance throughout body.
5 True/False Questions
How did human health change as lifestyle changed? → The most fundamental characteristic of life are shared by all organisms. We can respond to our surroundings our bodies grow. We gain energy by ingesting, digesting, absorbing and assimilating the nutrients in food.
List organs of the Skeletal System and describe its general function. → Bones, ligaments, cartilage.
Provide framework, protect soft tissue, provide attachments for muscles, produce blood cells, store inorganic salts.
Name the cavities of the head. → Integumentary, skeletal, muscular, nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, digestive, respiratory, urinary, and reproductive.
Define againg → A group that functions closely together comprise an organ system. interacting organ systems make it up.
Explain how the names of the abdominal quadrants describe their location. → RUQ: Right Upper Quadrant
LUQ: Left Upper Quadrant
RLQ: Right Lower Quadrant
LLQ: Left Lowe Quadrant