5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which requirement of organisms does the external environment provide?
- Name the cavities of the head.
- Describe the anatomical position.
- Which is more lateral, the hand or the hip.
- List organs of the Endocrine System and describe its general function.
- a Glands that secrete hormones
Control metabolic activities of body structures.
- b the Hand
- c Water: transports substances and regulates temp.
Food: provide nutrients, which provide energy & raw materials for new matter
Oxygen: releases energy from nutrient. Energy in turn, is used to drive metabolic process.
Heat: form of energy in environment production of metabolic reactions & it controls the rate at which these reactions occur.
Pressure: application of force on an object or substance.
- d Standing erect, the face is forward and the upper limbs are at the sides with the palms forward.
- e Oral cavity, nasal cavity, orbital cavity, and middle ear cavity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Parietal: covers the heart surface & is separated from the parietal pericardium by a small volume of serious fluid.
Visceral: covers the heart surface & is separated from the parietal pericardium by a small volume of serous fluid.
- The heat would come on until the temperature reached the new set point.
- The organs within the thoracic cavity & abdominopelvic cavity.
- Male: scrotum, testes, epididymides, ductus, deferentia, seminal vesicles, prostate, bulbourethral gland, urethra penis. Female: ovaries, uterine tubes, uterus, vagina, clitoris, and vulva.
Produce and maintain sperm cells, transfer sperm cells into female reproductive tract. Produce and maintain egg cells, receive sperm cells, support development of an embryo and function in birth process.
- RUQ: Right Upper Quadrant
LUQ: Left Upper Quadrant
RLQ: Right Lower Quadrant
LLQ: Left Lowe Quadrant
5 True/False questions
List organs of the Lymphatic System and describe its general function. → Bones, ligaments, cartilage.
Provide framework, protect soft tissue, provide attachments for muscles, produce blood cells, store inorganic salts.
How did human health change as lifestyle changed? → As people became more sedentary and diets changed, people became malnourished.
List organs of Integumentary system and describe its general function. → Skin, hair, nails, sweat glands, sebaceous glands.
Protect tissue, regulate body temp, support sensory receptors.
What is the function of pressure in the body? → It plays an important role in breathing and keeps blood flowing through blood vessels.
Define againg → A group that functions closely together comprise an organ system. interacting organ systems make it up.