5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Define againg
- What types if activities helped promote the development of modern medical science?
- Which is more lateral, the hand or the hip.
- List organs of the Nervous System and describe its general function.
- Explain how the names of the abdominal quadrants describe their location.
- a Brain, spinal cord, nerves, sense organs.
Detect changes, receive and interpret sensory information, stimulate muscles and glands.
- b the Hand
- c RUQ: Right Upper Quadrant
LUQ: Left Upper Quadrant
RLQ: Right Lower Quadrant
LLQ: Left Lowe Quadrant
- d Techniques for making accurate observations & performing careful experiments evolved. Knowledge of the human body expanded. This new knowledge requited a new specialized language.
- e Changes in the body with the passage of time. Process of becoming mature or old.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Oral cavity, nasal cavity, orbital cavity, and middle ear cavity.
- It plays an important role in breathing and keeps blood flowing through blood vessels.
- The heart consists of muscle, fat & nervous tissue. Cells of complex organism such as human contain structures called organelles that carry out specific activities. Organelles are composed of large molecules, including proteins, carbs, lipids, & nucleic acids. Most human cells contain a complete set of genetic instructions allowing cells to specialize.
- The organs within the thoracic cavity & abdominopelvic cavity.
- Lymphatic vessels, lymph nodes, thymus, spleen
Return tissue fluid to the blood, carry certain absorbed food molecules, defend the body against infection
5 True/False Questions
How does the human body illustrate levels of organization? → As people became more sedentary and diets changed, people became malnourished.
Why is homeostasis so important to survival? → It maintains a stable internal environment. When we become over heated there is a internal set point that indicates to the hypothalamus to trigger a changed in body temp to reduce the heat in the body. Sweat glands in the skin secretes watery perspiration this allows the body to cool down.
List organs of the Respiratory System and describe its general function. → Kidney, ureters urinary bladder, urethra.
Remove waste from blood, maintain water and electrolyte balance, store and transport urine.
What are the difference between anatomy & physiology? → Anatomy ( cutting up) examines the structures of the body parts.
Physiology ( relationship to nature) considers the functions of the body part.
List organs of the Urinary System and describe its general function. → Muscles
Cause movement, maintain posture, produce body heat.