5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Which is more lateral, the hand or the hip.
- What types if activities helped promote the development of modern medical science?
- Which organs occupy the thoracic cavity, abdominal cavity, and the pelvic cavity?
- List organs of the Cardiovascular System and describe its general function.
- Describe the anatomical position.
- a Thoracic: lungs & a region between the lungs, heart, esophagus, trachea, and thymus.
Abdominal: stomach, liver, spleen, gallbladder, kidney, small/large intestines.
Pelvic: terminal end of large intestines, urinary bladder, internal reproductive organs.
- b Standing erect, the face is forward and the upper limbs are at the sides with the palms forward.
- c Heart, arteries, capillaries, veins.
Move blood through blood vessels and transport substance throughout body.
- d the Hand
- e Techniques for making accurate observations & performing careful experiments evolved. Knowledge of the human body expanded. This new knowledge requited a new specialized language.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- anatomical structures make it possible to learn their function. Each part contributes to the whole. Parts form a well organized unit- the human organism.
- The heart consists of muscle, fat & nervous tissue. Cells of complex organism such as human contain structures called organelles that carry out specific activities. Organelles are composed of large molecules, including proteins, carbs, lipids, & nucleic acids. Most human cells contain a complete set of genetic instructions allowing cells to specialize.
- Kidney, ureters urinary bladder, urethra.
Remove waste from blood, maintain water and electrolyte balance, store and transport urine.
- Skin, hair, nails, sweat glands, sebaceous glands.
Protect tissue, regulate body temp, support sensory receptors.
- The change from hunter-gatherer to an agricultural lifestyle. This lifestyle change brought on other changes such as diet, stresses, and diseases.
5 True/False Questions
Describe the Nine regions of the abdomen. → Standing erect, the face is forward and the upper limbs are at the sides with the palms forward.
Describe three types of body sections. → Standing erect, the face is forward and the upper limbs are at the sides with the palms forward.
Name the major organ systems. → Oral cavity, nasal cavity, orbital cavity, and middle ear cavity.
List an example of how structures of a body part makes possible its functions. → Bones, ligaments, cartilage.
Provide framework, protect soft tissue, provide attachments for muscles, produce blood cells, store inorganic salts.
Explain how the names of the abdominal quadrants describe their location. → RUQ: Right Upper Quadrant
LUQ: Left Upper Quadrant
RLQ: Right Lower Quadrant
LLQ: Left Lowe Quadrant