5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Conservation of mass
- Replacement reaction
- a The principle stating that matter is not created or destroyed during a chemical reaction.
- b A substance that enters into a chemical reaction.
- c A reaction in which one element replaces another in a compound; or when two elements in different compounds trade places.
- d A well mixed mixture.
- e A biological catalyst that lowers the activation energy of reactions in cells.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A reaction that absorbs energy in the form of heat.
- A material that releases energy when it burns.
- A solid that forms from a solution during a chemical reaction.
- A material that decreases the rate of a reaction.
- The study of the properties of matter and how matter changes.
5 True/False Questions
Atom → A material that releases energy when it burns.
Element → A substance that cannot be broken down into any other substances by chemical or physical means.
Concentration → The amount of one material in a certain volume of another material.
Combustion → A well mixed mixture.
Subscript → A number in a chemical formula that tells the number of atoms in a molecule or the ratio of elements in a compound.