5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A newspaper article describes how a "cure for cancer has been found" A critical thinker probably will...
- Stage 3 & 4
- a the interplay that occurs when the effect of one factor depends on another factor
- b delta waves, deepening of brain waves moving back and forth rolling across the brain
- c drugs that reduce neural activity and slow body function
- d recurring problems in falling or staying asleep
- e question the article, evaluate the evidence, and assess the conclusions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- community sharing, authority ranking, equality matching, market pricing ,individualism
- an explanation using an integrated set of principles that organizes observations and predicts behavior or events.
- will say he saw ON but point to HER
- the relatively slow brain waves of a relaxed, awake state
- the large band of neural fibers connecting the two brain hemispheres and carrying messages between them
5 True/False questions
In the early twentieth century, __________ redefined psychology as "the science of observable behavior." → the study of the roots of behavior and mental processes using the principle of natural selection
in attentional blindness → failing to notice changes in the environment
opiates → opium and its derivatives, they depress neural activity temporarily lessening pain and anxiety
natural selection → carry outgoing information from the brain an spinal cord to the muscles and glands
If a neurosurgeon stimulates your right motor cortex, you would most likely... → re-create the events of everyday life