5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- James Polk
- Webster-Hayne debate
- 12th Amendment
- V-J Day
- Seneca Falls Convention
- a August 1945
- b President who believed in Manifest Destiny; acquired the Oregon Territory
- c Women's rights convention that results in a declaration of sentiments but not much else
- d Argument on protectionist tariffs
- e Brought about by the Jefferson/Burr tie, stated that presidential and vice-presidential nominees would run on the same party ticket. Before that time, all of the candidates ran against each other, with the winner becoming president and second-place becoming vice-president.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Washington forced citizens to pay taxes and proved the federal govt. could enforce the law.
- replaced cash and carry; allowed Britain to borrow US war materials
- (1804-1864). Grew up with heavy memory of Puritans. Wrote "the Scarlet Letter."
- the growth of cities
- a political system headed by a dictator that calls for extreme nationalism and racism and has no tolerance for opposition
5 True/False Questions
dictatorship → Passed in 1766 just after the repeal of the Stamp Act, the Declaratory Act stated that Parliament could legislate for the colonies in all cases. Most colonists interpreted the act as a face-saving mechanism and nothing more. Parliament, however, continually interpreted the act in its broadest sense in order to legislate in and control the colonies.
WW2 → What ends the great depression
Reservationists → Senators who pledged to vote in favor of the Treaty of Versailles if certain changes were made - led by Henry Cabot Lodge
John Winthrop → President who annexed Texas, among other things
Bill of Rights → the first ten amendments to the U.S. Constitution concerning basic individual liberties