5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Teller Amendment
- Washington's Farewell Address
- Farmer's Alliance
- Indian Removal Act
- a a person who speaks out against the regime in power
- b 1880s - Organized farming economic system - tried to raise commedy prices by collective action of individual farmers
- c Authorizes the relocation of Indian tribes
- d April 1896 - U.S. declared Cuba free from Spain, but this amendment disclaimed any American intention to annex Cuba
- e He warned against the dangers of political parties and foreign alliances in this speech.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Navy officer whose ideas on naval warfare and the importance of sea-power changed how America viewed its navy
- Hamilton emerged as a major political figure during the debate over the Constitution, as the outspoken leader of the Federalists and one of the authors of the Federalist Papers. Later, as secretary of treasury under Washington, Alexander Hamilton spearheaded the government's Federalist initiatives, most notably through the creation of the Bank of the United States.
- the blending of Greek cultures with those of Persia, Egypt, and Central Asia following the conquests of Alexander the Great
- Passed in 1766 just after the repeal of the Stamp Act, the Declaratory Act stated that Parliament could legislate for the colonies in all cases. Most colonists interpreted the act as a face-saving mechanism and nothing more. Parliament, however, continually interpreted the act in its broadest sense in order to legislate in and control the colonies.
- Southerners declared federal protective tariffs null and void, Jackson responded with Force bill and suggested compromising over tariff; John C Calhoun was a big advocate
5 True/False questions
Lucretia Mott → Passed after civil war - protected voting rights of blacks
Reparation → "relaxation of government regulation on industry
Chief Justice John Marshall → "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
Counterculture → relaxation of tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union
Charles River Bridge v. Warren Bridge → 1837) interest of community are above corporate rights case settled a dispute over the constitutional clause regarding obligation of contract