5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Eli Whitney
- Munn V. Illinois
- Knights of Labor
- Bleeding Kansas
- a (1877) United States Supreme Court Case that ended up allowing states to regulate business within their borders, including railroads
- b Missouri border ruffians crossed into the Kansas to vote against slavery (led by John Brown) - severely divided the fledgling state
- c the belief in a single god or power
- d 1869 - established in Philidalphia - suppose to be a secrete faternal order - first union to allow all laborers
- e Inventor of the cotton gin
5 Multiple choice questions
- System that allowed farmers to get more credit. They used harvested crops to pay back their loans.
- Robber baron who made his money with oil
- Robber baron who made his money with steel
- people of a particular geographic area who are represented by a member of Congress
- Determined that inhabitants of U.S. territories had some, but not all, of the rights of U.S. citizens.
5 True/False questions
Herbert Hoover → President that worsened the Great Depression
Coxey's Army → Protest march of unemployed workers led by Jacob Coxey. Marched on Washington in 1894.
Pendleton Civil Service Act → (1883): Did away with the "spoils system" and made the hiring of federal employees merit based.
James Fennimore Cooper → product of a secret by FDR and Churchill; discussed post war aims and goals; advocated self determination of peoples
Poland → the exchange of goods and services without using money