5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a 1.shrewd, smart;2. thrifty
- b shell or jewel carved in relief do trang suc da cham
- c deluge; upheaval. bien dong lon
- d corpse
- e youthful; immature
In that youthful movement, the leaders were only a little less callow than their immature followers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- faultfinding; carping, critical, hypercritical, overcritical
His criticisms were always captious and frivolous, never offering constructive suggestions.
- disaster; misery
As news of the calamity spread, offers of relief poured in to the stricken community.
- slingshot; hurling machine
Airplanes are sometimes launched from battleships by catapults.
- title; chapter heading; text under illustration
I find the captions that accompany these cartoons very clever and humorous.
- determine or seek opinions, votes, etc.
van dong bau cu
5 True/False questions
carnal → fleshly
thuoc xac thit, thuoc nhuc duc
carnage → glass water bottle
With each dinner, the patron receives a carafe of red or white wine.
casualty → serious or fatal accident (tai nạn - nạn nhân)
The number of automotive casualties on this holiday weekend was high.
categorical → without exceptions; unqualified; absolute
Though the captain claimed he was never, never sick at sea, he finally qualified his categorical denial; he
was hardly ever sick at sea.
carafe → destruction of life (sự tàn sát)
The carnage that can be caused by atomic warfare adds to the responsibilities of our statesmen.