5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Heart Girth
- Tail Head
- Pastern Joint
- a Accessory claw of the ruminant foot that projects caudally from the fetlock.
- b Circumference of the chest just caudal to the shoulders and cranial to the back.
- c Palmar or plantar surface of the hoof; bottom of hoof.
- d Base of the tail where it connects to the body.
- e Proximal interphalangeal joint (joint between the long and short pastern bones [phalanges I and II, respectively]) in ungulates.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Region of the head between the eyes and ears.
- Lumbar region of the back, between the thorax and pelvis.
- Femorotibial and femoropatellar joint in quadrupeds.
- Hollow area of the flank whose boundaries are the transverse processes of the lumbar vertebrae (dorsally), the last rib (cranially), and the thigh muscles (caudally).
- Mammary gland.
5 True/False Questions
Pedal → Nipple of mammary gland.
Heel → Cranial end of the hoof.
Flank → Side of the body between the ribs and ilium.
Elbow → Forelimb joint formed by distal humerus, proximal radius, and proximal ulna.
Teat → Caudal region of the hoof that has an area of soft tissue called the bulb.