5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Paralumbar fossa
- a Region around the large joint between the humerus and scapula.
- b Hollow area of the flank whose boundaries are the transverse processes of the lumbar vertebrae (dorsally), the last rib (cranially), and the thigh muscles (caudally).
- c Dorsal margin of the neck.
- d Forelimb joint formed by distal humerus, proximal radius, and proximal ulna.
- e Region of the head between the eyes and ears.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Solid part of the tail.
- Proximal interphalangeal joint (joint between the long and short pastern bones [phalanges I and II, respectively]) in ungulates.
- Pertaining to the foot.
- Accessory claw of the ruminant foot that projects caudally from the fetlock.
- Hard; horny outer layer of the covering of the digit in ungulates.
5 True/False questions
Cannon bone (shin bone) → Distal interphalangeal joint ( joint between the short pastern and coffin boner [phalanges II and III, respectively]) in ungulates.
Loin → Palmar or plantar surface of the hoof; bottom of hoof.
Poll → Top of the head; occiput; nuchal crest.
Hock → Solid part of the tail.
Muzzle → Palmar or plantar surface of the hoof; bottom of hoof.