5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cannon bone (shin bone)
- Paralumbar fossa
- a Hollow area of the flank whose boundaries are the transverse processes of the lumbar vertebrae (dorsally), the last rib (cranially), and the thigh muscles (caudally).
- b Lumbar region of the back, between the thorax and pelvis.
- c Tarsal joint
- d Third and fourth metacarpal (metatarsal) of the ruminant
- e Accessory claw of the ruminant foot that projects caudally from the fetlock.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Metacarpophalangeal and metatarsophalangeal joint (joint between the cannon bone and the long pastern bone [phalanx I]) in ungulates.
- Femorotibial and femoropatellar joint in quadrupeds.
- Base of the tail where it connects to the body.
- Top of the head; occiput; nuchal crest.
- Region of the head between the eyes and ears.
5 True/False questions
Hoof → Tarsal joint
Crest → Dorsal margin of the neck.
Udder → Mammary gland.
Toe → Palmar or plantar surface of the hoof; bottom of hoof.
Coffin Joint → Distal interphalangeal joint ( joint between the short pastern and coffin boner [phalanges II and III, respectively]) in ungulates.