5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are molecules assmebled from?
- What is the inside of DNa consist of?
- homeotic gene
- morphological divergence
- a nucleotides
- b cellular pools of sugars, fatty acids, amino acids, and nucleotides
- c guide the formation of tissues and organs into orderly patterns
- d change from the body form of a common ancestor
- e organism that makes organic carbon molecules from carbon dioxide using energy from chemical reactions
5 Multiple choice questions
- A small amount of DNA that is located in the mitochondria of cells. Mitochondrial DNA is inherited only through the mother.
- Respiration that does not require oxygen
- between the ocean and the atmosphere
- evolution on the smallest scale—a generation-to-generation change in the frequencies of alleles within a population
- haploid number
5 True/False questions
Where is the correspondence between genes and proteins encoded? → nucleotides
hydridization → split molecules at specific groups, then attach one -OH group with an H atom at the exposed sites
hom many chromosomes do humans have? → two chromosomes that are similar in height, shape, and genetic material
nucleic acid hybridization → breeding technique that involves crossing dissimilar individuals to bring together the traits of both organisms
molecular clock → The process by which a new species evolves from a prior species, the most basic process in macroevolution.