5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- what elements could have played a role in the evolution of primates?
- mitochondrial DNA
- where does carbon cycling occur?
- a The process by which a new species evolves from a prior species, the most basic process in macroevolution.
- b A small amount of DNA that is located in the mitochondria of cells. Mitochondrial DNA is inherited only through the mother.
- c between the ocean and the atmosphere
- d alu elements
- e An organism that makes its own food
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- individual subunits of a larger molecule
- organism that makes organic carbon molecules from carbon dioxide using energy from chemical reactions
- three gases that consist only of carbon and hydrogen (methane, ethane, and ethylene)
- the circulation of nitrogen
5 True/False Questions
new species definition → natural selection that favors individuals with either extreme of a trait
What is the backbone of DN? → highly organized nucleus bounded by a nuclear membrane, characteristic of higher organisms
What are codons? → triplets in which mRNAs bases are read, when docked at a ribosome.
hydridization → breeding technique that involves crossing dissimilar individuals to bring together the traits of both organisms
hydrolysis → Process by which organisms maintain a relatively stable internal environment