5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Where is the correspondence between genes and proteins encoded?
- what does meiosis begin with? end with?
- realized niche
- a In mRNA transcripts
- b the range of resources and conditions a species actually uses or can tolerate at optimal efficiency; smaller than fundamental niche
- c An organism that makes its own food
- d Highly reactive and prone to electron transfers
- e diploid cells, haploid cells
5 Multiple choice questions
- the circulation of nitrogen
- the process of base pairing between a gene and a complementary sequence on another nucleic acid molecule
- The process by which a new species evolves from a prior species, the most basic process in macroevolution.
5 True/False questions
What is the Ozone a buildup of? → nucleotides
what is phylogeny? → highly organized nucleus bounded by a nuclear membrane, characteristic of higher organisms
allopatric speciation → Any factor that acts to reduce or block the flow of genes between two populations
anaerobic respiration → physical barriers stop gene flow among populations or subpopulations of a species. Interbreeding will no longer be possible in the offspring.
salinization → Process that occurs when soils in arid areas are brought under cultivation through irrigation. In arid climates, water evaporates quickly off the ground surface, leaving salty residues that render the soil infertile.