5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the inside of DNa consist of?
- shorterm adaptation
- allopatric speciation
- what are adenine and guanine?
- a physical barriers stop gene flow among populations or subpopulations of a species. Interbreeding will no longer be possible in the offspring.
- b link between the nucleotide sequence of nucleic acids and the amino acids sequence
- c purines
- d nucleotides
- e adaptation that lasts only as long as the individual organisms does (plants in windy places)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Evolutionary change on a grand scale, encompassing the origin of new taxonomic groups, evolutionary trends, adaptive radiation, and mass extinction.
- the aggregate of small plant and animal organisms that float or drift in great numbers in fresh or salt water
- consist of three to millions of subunits
- includes metabolic activities that help the body function in the environment
5 True/False questions
morphological divergence → change from the body form of a common ancestor
nucleic acid hybridization → the process of base pairing between a gene and a complementary sequence on another nucleic acid molecule
molecular clock → Process by which organisms maintain a relatively stable internal environment
where does carbon cycling occur? → between the ocean and the atmosphere
isolating mechanism → natural selection that favors individuals with either extreme of a trait