5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- piece of dna on a chromosome
- what did Rosalind Franklin discover?
- What is the backbone of DN?
- a small sacs bounded to membranes that divide the interior of eukaryotic cells into functional compartments
- b Sugar-phospate
- c gene
- d Process that occurs when soils in arid areas are brought under cultivation through irrigation. In arid climates, water evaporates quickly off the ground surface, leaving salty residues that render the soil infertile.
- e the structure and dimensions of DNA
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a range of dyes is used that bind to specific parts of chromosomes
- In mRNA transcripts
- change from the body form of a common ancestor
- a species is defined by its physical, structural, and functional traits that sets them apart from other species
5 True/False Questions
allopatric speciation → physical barriers stop gene flow among populations or subpopulations of a species. Interbreeding will no longer be possible in the offspring.
monomers → class of proteins that cause metabolic reactions to proceed faster
microevolution → breeding technique that involves crossing dissimilar individuals to bring together the traits of both organisms
what does mitosis begin with? end with? → diploid cells, diploid cells
homeostasis → organism that obtains energy from the foods it consumes; also called a consumer