5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- the individual at both ends of a population are selected against
- What is somatic cell nuclear transfer?
- What is the inside of DNa consist of?
- what did Rosalind Franklin discover?
- a Stabilizing selection
- b nucleotides
- c the structure and dimensions of DNA
- d when descendants of a stem cell, used for therapeutic cloning go on to differentiate into cell types of specific organs and tissues
- e the aggregate of small plant and animal organisms that float or drift in great numbers in fresh or salt water
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- class of proteins that cause metabolic reactions to proceed faster
- two chromosomes that are similar in height, shape, and genetic material
- A small amount of DNA that is located in the mitochondria of cells. Mitochondrial DNA is inherited only through the mother.
- physical barriers stop gene flow among populations or subpopulations of a species. Interbreeding will no longer be possible in the offspring.
5 True/False Questions
shorterm adaptation → The process by which a new species evolves from a prior species, the most basic process in macroevolution.
realized niche → a lineage splits when one or more of its population become reproductively isolated and diverse genetically
salinization → Process that occurs when soils in arid areas are brought under cultivation through irrigation. In arid climates, water evaporates quickly off the ground surface, leaving salty residues that render the soil infertile.
What at hydro carbons? → three gases that consist only of carbon and hydrogen (methane, ethane, and ethylene)
Where is the correspondence between genes and proteins encoded? → In mRNA transcripts