5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- shorterm adaptation
- nucleic acid hybridization
- realized niche
- fluid mosaic model
- a every cell membrane has a mixed composition of phospolipids
- b the range of resources and conditions a species actually uses or can tolerate at optimal efficiency; smaller than fundamental niche
- c adaptation that lasts only as long as the individual organisms does (plants in windy places)
- d Process that occurs when soils in arid areas are brought under cultivation through irrigation. In arid climates, water evaporates quickly off the ground surface, leaving salty residues that render the soil infertile.
- e the process of base pairing between a gene and a complementary sequence on another nucleic acid molecule
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- triplets in which mRNAs bases are read, when docked at a ribosome.
- includes metabolic activities that help the body function in the environment
- small sacs bounded to membranes that divide the interior of eukaryotic cells into functional compartments
- a lineage splits when one or more of its population become reproductively isolated and diverse genetically
- An organism that makes its own food
5 True/False Questions
1. Organism consist of one or more cells
2. The cell is the smallest unit of organization that displays the properties of life
3. Continuity of life arises directly from the growth and division of single cells → uracil
what are adenine and guanine? → purines
what is a eukaryon? → triplets in which mRNAs bases are read, when docked at a ribosome.
aerobic respiration → physical barriers stop gene flow among populations or subpopulations of a species. Interbreeding will no longer be possible in the offspring.
how many sex chromosomes do humans have? → two chromosomes that are similar in height, shape, and genetic material