← Geo Unit 3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Formal Region
- Stimulus Diffusion
- Cultural Ecology
- Vernacular Region
- Physiological Density
- a The number of people per unit of area of arable land, which is land suitable for agriculture.
- b An area that people believe to exist as part of their cultural identity.
- c The spread of an underlying principle, even though a specific characteristic is rejected.
- d Geographic approach that emphasizes human-environment relationships.
- e An area in which everyone shares in one or more distinctive characteristics.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The body of customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits that together constitute a group of people performing the act.
- An internal representation of a portion of Earth's surface based on what an individual knows about a place, containing personal impressions of what is in a place and where places are located.
- The spread of a feature or trend from one key person or node of authority or power to other persons or places.
- An area organized around a node or focal point.
- The ratio of the number of farmers to the total amount of land suitable for agriculture.
5 True/False Questions
Environmental Determinism → The total number of people divided by the total land area.
Relocation Diffusion → The spread of a feature or trend among people from one area to another in a snowballing process.
Contagious Diffusion → The rapid, widespread diffusion of a feature or trend throughout a population.
Globalization → Actions or processes that involve the entire world and result in making something worldwide in scope.
Density → The physical character of a place.