5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a old Ethiopian language no longer spoken
- b culture from ancestors
- c traces heritage through female lineage
- d which city in Mali is a former important crossroad for trade?
- e group of families from common ancestor
5 Multiple choice questions
- group of lineages
- where monks train/study
- which country was never colonized?
- which country broke away from ethiopia in a 30-year civil war?
- moving to cities
5 True/False questions
plantations → broken up, given back to natives
the UN → who is helping with education and irrigation?
1/3 → what fraction of Mali is desert
overgrazing & drought → 2 causes of desertification
Swahili → expanded semi-desert, south edge of the Sahara