5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cultural diversity
- the UN
- a which city in Mali is a former important crossroad for trade?
- b who is helping with education and irrigation?
- c killing grass by pulling up by the roots; contributes to increased desertification
- d a wide variety of cultures
- e where monks train/study
5 Multiple choice questions
- storyteller, historian for a village or clan
- which language and/or ethnicity is an Arab/African mix
- traces heritage through female lineage
- parents/kids/other relatives
- what fraction of Mali is desert
5 True/False questions
lineage → culture from ancestors
water → expanded semi-desert, south edge of the Sahara
land ownership → a family relationship
Eritrea → which country broke away from ethiopia in a 30-year civil war?
kinship → group of families from common ancestor