5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a which country broke away from ethiopia in a 30-year civil war?
- b what fraction of Mali is desert
- c broken up, given back to natives
- d old Ethiopian language no longer spoken
- e where monks train/study
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- culture from ancestors
- traces heritage through female lineage
- a wide variety of cultures
- which city in Mali is a former important crossroad for trade?
- which country was never colonized?
5 True/False Questions
Swahili → expanded semi-desert, south edge of the Sahara
water → Nomadic Tuareg life is changing due to lack of _________.
overgrazing → killing grass by pulling up by the roots; contributes to increased desertification
Sahel → expanded semi-desert, south edge of the Sahara
kinship → group of families from common ancestor