5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- stranger anxiety
- Harry F. Harlow
- Erik Erickson
- preoperational stage
- John Locke
- a happens around eight months when infants develop a fear of strangers
- b Well known stage theorist who focused on the role of social relationships in the development of personality.
- c stage of cognitive development when children begin to use words and symbols to represent objects
- d philosopher who believed that the mind is like tabula rasa, a blank slate.
- e observed that infant monkeys without mothers or companions became attached to pieces of cloth in their cages.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Behaviorist who believed that nurture plays more of a role in development.
- the field in which psychologists study how people grow and change throughout the life span-from conception, through infancy, childhood, adolescence, and adulthood, and until death.
- an involuntary reaction or response, such as swallowing.
- One of the most famous stage theorists. His studies led him to conclude that everyone develops in the same way, through four stages.
- refers to babies' progress in coordinating major muscle groups, such as the arms, and the legs and the trunk.
5 True/False Questions
physical, social,and cognitive → parents who combine warmth with age appropriate rules and responsibilities.
Moro reflex → A behavior in which babies pull up their legs and arch their backs in response to sudden sounds
False → Studies have generally shown that nonparental day care in itself has a strong, clearly definable impact on child development. Is this true or false?
warm and strict → parenting style is the opposite of a cold and permissive parenting style
sensorimotor stage → stage of cognitive development when children begin to use words and symbols to represent objects