5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nucleic acid
- a complex macromolecule that stores and communicates genetic information.
- b substance that speeds up a chemical reaction by reducing the activation energy.
- c compound whose atoms are held together by covalent bonds
- d two or more atoms of the same element having different numbers of neutrons.
- e particle without a charge in an atom's nucleus
5 Multiple choice questions
- organic compound made of amino acids joined by peptide bonds; primary building block of organisms.
- homogeneous mixture formed when a substance (the solute) is dissolved in another substance (the solvent).
- energy-requiring process by which atoms or groups of atoms in substances are changed into different substances
- electrical attraction between two oppositely charged atoms or groups of atoms.
- carbon compound joined by peptide bonds; building block of proteins.
5 True/False questions
proton → positively charged particle in an atom's nucleus.
atom → building block of matter; contains subatomic particles—neutrons, protons, and electrons
enzyme → large molecule formed from smaller repeating units or identical, or nearly identical, compounds linked by covalent bonds.
buffer → substance that releases hydroxide ions (OH-) when dissolved in water; a basic solution has a pH greater than 7.
solvent → substance in which another substance is dissolved.