5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- amino acid
- a protein that speeds up a biological reaction by lowering the activation energy needed to start the reaction
- b positively charged particle in an atom's nucleus.
- c combination of two or more different substances in which each substance keeps its individual characteristics; can have a uniform composition (homogeneous) or have distinct areas of substances (heterogeneous).
- d carbon compound joined by peptide bonds; building block of proteins.
- e reactant to which an enzyme binds
5 Multiple choice questions
- atom that is negatively or positively charged because it have lost or gained one or more electrons.
- hydrophobic biological molecule composed mostly or carbon and hydrogen; fats, oils, and waxes are lipids
- pure substance with unique properties; formed when two or more different elements combine.
- mixture that can react with an acid or a base to maintain the pH within a specific range.
- negatively charged particle that occupies space around an atom's nucleus.
5 True/False questions
solvent → substance dissolved in a solvent.
atom → building block of matter; contains subatomic particles—neutrons, protons, and electrons
covalent bond → electrical attraction between two oppositely charged atoms or groups of atoms.
nucleic acid → complex macromolecule that stores and communicates genetic information.
nucleus → center of an atom; contains neutrons and protons. In eukaryotic cells, the central membrane-bound organelle that manages cellular functions and contains DNA