5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- covalent bond
- chemical reaction
- a large molecule formed from smaller repeating units or identical, or nearly identical, compounds linked by covalent bonds.
- b hydrophobic biological molecule composed mostly or carbon and hydrogen; fats, oils, and waxes are lipids
- c type of chemical bond formed when atoms share electrons.
- d energy-requiring process by which atoms or groups of atoms in substances are changed into different substances
- e protein that speeds up a biological reaction by lowering the activation energy needed to start the reaction
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- specific place where a substrate binds on an enzyme.
- substance dissolved in a solvent.
- atom that is negatively or positively charged because it have lost or gained one or more electrons.
- substance in which another substance is dissolved.
- pure substance with unique properties; formed when two or more different elements combine.
5 True/False Questions
ionic bond → electrical attraction between two oppositely charged atoms or groups of atoms.
element → substance in which another substance is dissolved.
buffer → mixture that can react with an acid or a base to maintain the pH within a specific range.
pH → measure of the concentration of hydrogen ions (H+) in a solution.
base → mixture that can react with an acid or a base to maintain the pH within a specific range.