5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nucleic acid
- a substance formed by a chemical reaction; located on the right side of the arrow in a chemical equation.
- b reactant to which an enzyme binds
- c complex macromolecule that stores and communicates genetic information.
- d compound whose atoms are held together by covalent bonds
- e two or more atoms of the same element having different numbers of neutrons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- substance that exists before a chemical reaction starts; located on the left side of the arrow in a chemical reaction.
- substance in which another substance is dissolved.
- substance that releases hydrogen ions (H+) when dissolved in water; an acidic solution has a pH less than 7.
- homogeneous mixture formed when a substance (the solute) is dissolved in another substance (the solvent).
- electrical attraction between two oppositely charged atoms or groups of atoms.
5 True/False questions
catalyst → substance that speeds up a chemical reaction by reducing the activation energy.
carbohydrate → reactant to which an enzyme binds
element → substance in which another substance is dissolved.
protein → organic compound made of amino acids joined by peptide bonds; primary building block of organisms.
lipid → hydrophobic biological molecule composed mostly or carbon and hydrogen; fats, oils, and waxes are lipids