5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- latent content
- lack of serotonin can cause
- Thyroid gland
- Hormones affect
- a depression
- b symbolic meaning of a dream
- c This produces hormones that regulate metabolism, body heat, and bone growth.
- d the brain and many other tissues of the body
5 Multiple choice questions
- the complex internal communication network of the human body; made up of the central nervous system (CNS) and the peripheral nervous system (PNS)
- Influences movement, leaning, attention, and emotion
- Rush of euphoria, confidence, energy. Cardiovascular stress, suspiciousness, depressive crash
- are chemical messages that cross the synaptic cleft between neurons.
- a layer of fatty tissue encasing a neuron's axon that speeds transmission
5 True/False questions
Stimulants → Cocaine, Meth, Nicotine, ecstasy, marijuana
myelin sheath → insulates the axon from neural activity
Manifest content → symbolic meaning of a dream
physiological dependence → an addiction in which the mind sends the body a message that it needs more of a drug.
Nicotine → Influences movement, leaning, attention, and emotion