5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Religious Toleration
- a Relating to a society in which men hold the greatest legal and moral authority
- b Acceptance of religious differences
- c People who accepted the new doctrines that the Buddhists had
- d Exclusive control or possession of something
- e Mounded stone structures built over holy relics
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The first state to unify most of the Indian subcontinent. It was founded by Chandragupta Maurya in 324 B.C.E. and survived until 184 B.C.E. From its capital at Pataliputra in the Ganges Valley it grew wealthy from taxes. (184)
- Golden Age of India; ruled through central government but allowed village power; restored Hinduism
- Relating to a social system in which the mother is head of the family
- A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
- one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
5 True/False Questions
Asoka → A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
Assimilation → The process of making conquered peoples part of Chinese culture.
Tamil → The Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil people in southern India and Sri Lanka
Centralized Government → A government in which a central authority controls the running of a state.
Shiva → Mounded stone structures built over holy relics