5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Silk Roads
- Centralized Government
- a A system of ancient caravan routes across Central Asia, along which traders carried silk and other trade goods.
- b The process of making conquered peoples part of Chinese culture.
- c People who accepted the new doctrines that the Buddhists had
- d A government in which a central authority controls the running of a state.
- e one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Government workers; 18 ranks of jobs
- Relating to a social system in which the mother is head of the family
- People who held to the Buddha's stricter, original teachings
- Exclusive control or possession of something
- A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
5 True/False Questions
Vishnu → Grandson of Chandragupta; most honored emperor for his commitment to spreading peace and prosperity to all; was Buddhist but accepted other religions; decline came after his death
Tamil → A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
Stupas → A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
Patriarchal → Relating to a society in which men hold the greatest legal and moral authority
Religious Toleration → Acceptance of religious differences