5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Civil Service
- a Grandson of Chandragupta; most honored emperor for his commitment to spreading peace and prosperity to all; was Buddhist but accepted other religions; decline came after his death
- b Government workers; 18 ranks of jobs
- c Relating to a society in which men hold the greatest legal and moral authority
- d Exclusive control or possession of something
- e A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- People who accepted the new doctrines that the Buddhists had
- A system of ancient caravan routes across Central Asia, along which traders carried silk and other trade goods.
- A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
- People who held to the Buddha's stricter, original teachings
- The dynasty that ruled China for more than 100 years; divided into two periods - each lasting two centuries.
5 True/False Questions
Tamil → The Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil people in southern India and Sri Lanka
Religious Toleration → The process of making conquered peoples part of Chinese culture.
Kalidasa → People who accepted the new doctrines that the Buddhists had
Centralized Government → A government in which a central authority controls the running of a state.
Vishnu → A Hindu god considered the preserver of the world