5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Civil Service
- Religious Toleration
- Silk Roads
- a Government workers; 18 ranks of jobs
- b The Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil people in southern India and Sri Lanka
- c A Hindu god considered the preserver of the world
- d Acceptance of religious differences
- e A system of ancient caravan routes across Central Asia, along which traders carried silk and other trade goods.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The first state to unify most of the Indian subcontinent. It was founded by Chandragupta Maurya in 324 B.C.E. and survived until 184 B.C.E. From its capital at Pataliputra in the Ganges Valley it grew wealthy from taxes. (184)
- Mounded stone structures built over holy relics
- one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
- People who held to the Buddha's stricter, original teachings
- A government in which a central authority controls the running of a state.
5 True/False questions
Mahayana → People who accepted the new doctrines that the Buddhists had
Han Dynasty → The dynasty that ruled China for more than 100 years; divided into two periods - each lasting two centuries.
Asoka → Grandson of Chandragupta; most honored emperor for his commitment to spreading peace and prosperity to all; was Buddhist but accepted other religions; decline came after his death
Brahma → A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
Assimilation → The process of making conquered peoples part of Chinese culture.