5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Religious Toleration
- Gupta Empire
- a Acceptance of religious differences
- b Relating to a social system in which the mother is head of the family
- c Golden Age of India; ruled through central government but allowed village power; restored Hinduism
- d A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
- e People who accepted the new doctrines that the Buddhists had
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- People who held to the Buddha's stricter, original teachings
- The Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil people in southern India and Sri Lanka
- Relating to a society in which men hold the greatest legal and moral authority
- A government in which a central authority controls the running of a state.
- A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
5 True/False Questions
Assimilation → A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
Mauryan Empire → The first state to unify most of the Indian subcontinent. It was founded by Chandragupta Maurya in 324 B.C.E. and survived until 184 B.C.E. From its capital at Pataliputra in the Ganges Valley it grew wealthy from taxes. (184)
Silk Roads → Mounded stone structures built over holy relics
Stupas → Mounded stone structures built over holy relics
Civil Service → Government workers; 18 ranks of jobs