5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Mauryan Empire
- a The first state to unify most of the Indian subcontinent. It was founded by Chandragupta Maurya in 324 B.C.E. and survived until 184 B.C.E. From its capital at Pataliputra in the Ganges Valley it grew wealthy from taxes. (184)
- b Relating to a social system in which the mother is head of the family
- c one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
- d A Hindu god considered the preserver of the world
- e Grandson of Chandragupta; most honored emperor for his commitment to spreading peace and prosperity to all; was Buddhist but accepted other religions; decline came after his death
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Government workers; 18 ranks of jobs
- A system of ancient caravan routes across Central Asia, along which traders carried silk and other trade goods.
- People who held to the Buddha's stricter, original teachings
- The dynasty that ruled China for more than 100 years; divided into two periods - each lasting two centuries.
- The process of making conquered peoples part of Chinese culture.
5 True/False Questions
Mahayana → one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
Religious Toleration → The process of making conquered peoples part of Chinese culture.
Stupas → A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
Patriarchal → Relating to a society in which men hold the greatest legal and moral authority
Centralized Government → A government in which a central authority controls the running of a state.