5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mauryan Empire
- Religious Toleration
- a Relating to a society in which men hold the greatest legal and moral authority
- b The first state to unify most of the Indian subcontinent. It was founded by Chandragupta Maurya in 324 B.C.E. and survived until 184 B.C.E. From its capital at Pataliputra in the Ganges Valley it grew wealthy from taxes. (184)
- c A Hindu god considered the preserver of the world
- d Acceptance of religious differences
- e Grandson of Chandragupta; most honored emperor for his commitment to spreading peace and prosperity to all; was Buddhist but accepted other religions; decline came after his death
5 Multiple choice questions
- Government workers; 18 ranks of jobs
- one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
- People who held to the Buddha's stricter, original teachings
- The process of making conquered peoples part of Chinese culture.
- The dynasty that ruled China for more than 100 years; divided into two periods - each lasting two centuries.
5 True/False questions
Mahayana → one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
Gupta Empire → Golden Age of India; ruled through central government but allowed village power; restored Hinduism
Brahma → A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
Matriarchal → Relating to a society in which men hold the greatest legal and moral authority
Centralized Government → Acceptance of religious differences