5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Silk Roads
- Civil Service
- Centralized Government
- a A government in which a central authority controls the running of a state.
- b Government workers; 18 ranks of jobs
- c A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
- d A system of ancient caravan routes across Central Asia, along which traders carried silk and other trade goods.
- e People who accepted the new doctrines that the Buddhists had
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Acceptance of religious differences
- The process of making conquered peoples part of Chinese culture.
- The dynasty that ruled China for more than 100 years; divided into two periods - each lasting two centuries.
- The Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil people in southern India and Sri Lanka
- People who held to the Buddha's stricter, original teachings
5 True/False Questions
Mauryan Empire → Golden Age of India; ruled through central government but allowed village power; restored Hinduism
Stupas → Mounded stone structures built over holy relics
Kalidasa → one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
Monopoly → Grandson of Chandragupta; most honored emperor for his commitment to spreading peace and prosperity to all; was Buddhist but accepted other religions; decline came after his death
Shiva → Grandson of Chandragupta; most honored emperor for his commitment to spreading peace and prosperity to all; was Buddhist but accepted other religions; decline came after his death