5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Silk Roads
- Gupta Empire
- Mauryan Empire
- a People who accepted the new doctrines that the Buddhists had
- b A system of ancient caravan routes across Central Asia, along which traders carried silk and other trade goods.
- c Golden Age of India; ruled through central government but allowed village power; restored Hinduism
- d A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
- e The first state to unify most of the Indian subcontinent. It was founded by Chandragupta Maurya in 324 B.C.E. and survived until 184 B.C.E. From its capital at Pataliputra in the Ganges Valley it grew wealthy from taxes. (184)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Acceptance of religious differences
- Relating to a social system in which the mother is head of the family
- Government workers; 18 ranks of jobs
- Exclusive control or possession of something
- A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
5 True/False questions
Centralized Government → A government in which a central authority controls the running of a state.
Theravada → A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
Tamil → A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
Vishnu → A Hindu god considered the preserver of the world
Asoka → Grandson of Chandragupta; most honored emperor for his commitment to spreading peace and prosperity to all; was Buddhist but accepted other religions; decline came after his death