5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Han Dynasty
- Gupta Empire
- Centralized Government
- a A government in which a central authority controls the running of a state.
- b one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
- c Grandson of Chandragupta; most honored emperor for his commitment to spreading peace and prosperity to all; was Buddhist but accepted other religions; decline came after his death
- d The dynasty that ruled China for more than 100 years; divided into two periods - each lasting two centuries.
- e Golden Age of India; ruled through central government but allowed village power; restored Hinduism
5 Multiple choice questions
- A Hindu god considered the preserver of the world
- The process of making conquered peoples part of Chinese culture.
- Acceptance of religious differences
- Relating to a society in which men hold the greatest legal and moral authority
- People who accepted the new doctrines that the Buddhists had
5 True/False questions
Silk Roads → Mounded stone structures built over holy relics
Brahma → A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
Theravada → People who held to the Buddha's stricter, original teachings
Stupas → A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
Mauryan Empire → Golden Age of India; ruled through central government but allowed village power; restored Hinduism