5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Populist Party
- Election of 1896
- The Peoples Party
- Nez Perce
- American Century
- a populist party supported democrats and wiliam jennings bryon, but the republicans won with william mckinley
- b prediction by Turner in his thesis that Americans will dominate the 20th century
- c another name for the Populist party
- d Native American Tribe that will flee capture from U.S. Troops, who almost make it to Canada
- e focuses on issues facing farmers
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- gained fame for killing bisons "buffalo bill"
- democratic nominee of the 1896 election; also supported by the populist party
- people who buy land in hopes that the price will rise- bought land for .50/acre
- African Americans who moved from post reconstruction South to Kansas.
- The most important animal to the American Indians of the plains
5 True/False Questions
The Farmer's Alliance → 1880s-first true political org that represented farming issues-est Dept. of Agriculture
William Mckinley → gained fame for killing bisons "buffalo bill"
The Massacre at Wounded Knee → ranchers and farmers would compete with each other for control of the land in the range-violent
Dawes Act → Law that attempted to assimilate Indians by giving them individual plots of land
sooners → nickname for the people of Oklahoma