5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nitrogenous bases consist of a double or single ring of __________and ______________atoms
- 1. starch
2. metabolic enzymes
- If a protein may contain several different domains and each domain has____function
- what are the major components of nitrogenous bases
- what occurs during hydrolysis reactions?
- a different
- b polymers are broken down one monomer at a time by the addition of water.
- c carbon
single or double carbon ring
- d 1.carbohydratre
4. nucleic acid
- e nitrogen
5 Multiple choice questions
- cis-trans isomers
- the polar regions face water, and the nonpolar regions face the interior.
5 True/False questions
two nucleotides are linked together by a ____________bond to form a string of nucleic acids → phosphodiester
4. RNA → 1. transmission of genetic information to daughter cells
2. transfer of genetic information into protein
3. store of genetic information
4. decoding genetic information
what are the four categories of macromolecules → L-glucose and D-glucose
what bonding properties of carbon allow for the creation of groups of atoms with distinct shapes and functions? → 1.carbon containing molecules can form isomer.
2. carbon can form four covalent bonds.
3. carbon can create double and triple bonds.
The ability of ____to form four covalent bonds contributes to the diversity of organic compounds that can be formed. → nucleotides