5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- isomers are formed with the same atoms but with different bonding relationships
- what bonding properties of carbon allow for the creation of groups of atoms with distinct shapes and functions?
- carbon can form four bonds because it has only _______electrons in the outer energy____
- what is an alpha helix?
- which of the following atoms form nonpolar covalent bonds with carbon
- a 1.carbon containing molecules can form isomer.
2. carbon can form four covalent bonds.
3. carbon can create double and triple bonds.
- b The repeating helical structure that is formed by a polypeptide backbone
- c 4
- d structural
- e hydrogen
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- dehydration reactions involve the loss of water and hydrolysis reactions involve the addition of water
dehydration reactions form polymers hydrolysis reactions break down polymers into monomers.
- 1. glycogen
5 True/False Questions
nitrogenous bases consist of a double or single ring of __________and ______________atoms → nitrogen
The ______,____and______structtural levels of a protein describe a protein with a single polypeptide chain. → 1.N-terminus
Steroids all contain_______fused rings of carbon atoms with one or more polar __ groups attached to the ring structure → 4
what are the major components of nitrogenous bases → waxes
If a protein may contain several different domains and each domain has____function → different