5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- isomers have identical bonding relationships but the atoms are positioned differently around bonds
- which of the following polysaccharides contain chain of the alpha-glucose isomer?
- what are molecules that have identical molecular formulas but different structures called?
- what are the two major classes of nucleic acids?
- _____are large molecules made from smaller organic molecules.
- a starch
- b DNA and RNA
- c Macromolecules
- d cis-trans isomers
- e isomers
5 Multiple choice questions
- dehydration synthesis is specific type of condensation reaction involving the loss of a water molecule.
condensation reactions and dehydration synthesis occur when two or more molecules combine to form a larger molecule.
- 1. energy storage
2. create a barrier to water loss
3. form hormones important in reproduction
4. plasma membrane structure
- when one protein binds to another, this is called a protein- protein interaction
5 True/False questions
isomers have identical bonding, but the atoms are positioned differently, resulting mirror images. → cis-trans isomers
what are two examples of important functional group in organic molecules? → Macromolecules
The ability of ____to form four covalent bonds contributes to the diversity of organic compounds that can be formed. → nucleotides
what are macromolecules → large molecules that are form by joining smaller molecules together
unsaturated fat have _________melting point that saturated fats → lower