5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- two nucleotides are linked together by a ____________bond to form a string of nucleic acids
- carbon can form four bonds because it has only _______electrons in the outer energy____
- which of the following describe sugar
- what bonding properties of carbon allow for the creation of groups of atoms with distinct shapes and functions?
- the four nitrogenous bases present in DNA are__________,___________,____,and______
- a 1. adenine
- b The simplest sugar are monosaccharides
sugar contain carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen
sugar store energy in their chemical bonds.
- c phosphodiester
- d 4
- e 1.carbon containing molecules can form isomer.
2. carbon can form four covalent bonds.
3. carbon can create double and triple bonds.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A sugar is broken down into fructose and glucose molecules
A strand of DNS is broken down into individual nucleotides
- only stereoisomer have identical bonding relationships but different structures
only structural isomers contain the same atoms,but with different bonding relationships.
5 True/False Questions
nucleotides are covalently linked by __bonds → phosphodiester
what are the major differences between dehydration reactions and hydrolysis reactions → dehydration reactions involve the loss of water and hydrolysis reactions involve the addition of water
dehydration reactions form polymers hydrolysis reactions break down polymers into monomers.
_______reactions, which form polymers form simple monomers, are reversible through the process of ________________ → disulfide
why do phospholipids arrage into bilayers → the bilayers is the most energetically favorable arrangement in aqueous solution.
the hydrophillic ends attract water while the hydrophobic ends exclude water
what are two examples of important functional group in organic molecules? → amino and carbonyl