5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- how are nucleotides linked together to form nucleic acids
- a______is a compound that lowers the concentration of hydrogen ions in a solution.
- what type of bonds is responsible for the base pairing between two strands of DNA in the double helix?
- 1 starch
- what are macromolecules
- a 1. moderate branching
3. highly branched
- b large molecules that are form by joining smaller molecules together
- c Hydrogen
- d the phosphate group of one nucleotide is covalently linked to the sugar of the second nucleotide
- e base
5 Multiple choice questions
- A sugar is broken down into fructose and glucose molecules
A strand of DNS is broken down into individual nucleotides
- 1. glycogen
- 1.the linear sequence of amino acids
2. two or more interacting polypeptides
3. repetitive folding patterns such as a helix and B pleated sheet
4. the three- dimensional structure of a polypeptide
5 True/False questions
DNA is_____stranded and RNA is primarily ____stranded → polymers are broken down one monomer at a time by the addition of water.
which of the following atoms form nonpolar covalent bonds with carbon → hydrogen
what are the three main properties of carbon that are important in forming organic molecules → 1. carbon bonds are stable across a broad range of temperatures.
2. carbon can form four covalent bonds with other atoms.
3 carbon can form both polar and nonpolar bonds
what is an alpha helix? → The repeating helical structure that is formed by a polypeptide backbone
why do phospholipids arrage into bilayers → when one protein binds to another, this is called a protein- protein interaction