5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- isomers have identical bonding relationships but the atoms are positioned differently around bonds
- rank the following polysaccharides of glucose in order od most branched form to least branches form.
- the sugar found in ribonucleotides of RNA is____________
- what of the following are examples of hydrolysis reactions
- what regions of a phospholipid bilayer face water and which face the interior of the membrane aways from water?
- a cis-trans isomers
- b the polar regions face water, and the nonpolar regions face the interior.
- c A sugar is broken down into fructose and glucose molecules
A strand of DNS is broken down into individual nucleotides
- d 1. glycogen
- e ribose
5 Multiple choice questions
- when one protein binds to another, this is called a protein- protein interaction
- what type of cell is formed(liver or muscle)
the identity of an organism (eg human or mouse)
- DNA and RNA
5 True/False questions
why do phospholipids arrage into bilayers → the bilayers is the most energetically favorable arrangement in aqueous solution.
the hydrophillic ends attract water while the hydrophobic ends exclude water
unsaturated fat have _________melting point that saturated fats → carbon
single or double carbon ring
the optimal distance between two atoms within a molecules is the van der waals → radius
1.monounsaturated fatty acids
2. polyunsaturated fatty acids
3. saturated fatty acid → 1. contain one double bonded carbon
2. liquid at room temperature
3. contain no double bonded carbons
The ability of ____to form four covalent bonds contributes to the diversity of organic compounds that can be formed. → carbohydrates