5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Steroids all contain_______fused rings of carbon atoms with one or more polar __ groups attached to the ring structure
- what are molecules that have identical molecular formulas but different structures called?
- what is an alpha helix?
- isomers have identical bonding relationships but the atoms are positioned differently around bonds
- a The repeating helical structure that is formed by a polypeptide backbone
- b cis-trans isomers
- c isomers
- d 4
- e 1. energy storage
2. create a barrier to water loss
3. form hormones important in reproduction
4. plasma membrane structure
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1.carbon containing molecules can form isomer.
2. carbon can form four covalent bonds.
3. carbon can create double and triple bonds.
5 True/False questions
how are monomers and polymers related to one another → only stereoisomer have identical bonding relationships but different structures
only structural isomers contain the same atoms,but with different bonding relationships.
what of the following are examples of hydrolysis reactions → A sugar is broken down into fructose and glucose molecules
A strand of DNS is broken down into individual nucleotides
the sugar found in ribonucleotides of RNA is____________ → cytosine
two nucleotides are linked together by a ____________bond to form a string of nucleic acids → phosphodiester
what are the four categories of macromolecules → L-glucose and D-glucose