5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the building blocks of nucleic acids are monomers called
- which of the following describes the relationship between condensation reactions and dehydration synthesis
- which of the following are categories of macromolecules found in cells
- The ability of ____to form four covalent bonds contributes to the diversity of organic compounds that can be formed.
- carbon can form four bonds because it has only _______electrons in the outer energy____
- a 4
- b dehydration synthesis is specific type of condensation reaction involving the loss of a water molecule.
condensation reactions and dehydration synthesis occur when two or more molecules combine to form a larger molecule.
- c nucleotides
- d carbon
- e nucleic acids
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. carbon bonds are stable across a broad range of temperatures.
2. carbon can form four covalent bonds with other atoms.
3 carbon can form both polar and nonpolar bonds
- The N-terminus has a free amino group and the C-terminus has a free carboxyl group.
5 True/False questions
what is an alpha helix? → The repeating helical structure that is formed by a polypeptide backbone
adenine → cytosine
1.monounsaturated fatty acids
2. polyunsaturated fatty acids
3. saturated fatty acid → 1. contain one double bonded carbon
2. liquid at room temperature
3. contain no double bonded carbons
2. metabolic enzymes
4.DNA → 1. moderate branching
3. highly branched
nitrogenous bases consist of a double or single ring of __________and ______________atoms → 1. adenine