5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- how are monomers and polymers related to one another
- what four bases are found in RNA?
- _____are large molecules made from smaller organic molecules.
- what is an alpha helix?
- 1. DNA
- a polymers are large macromolecules composed of many monomers linked together
- b cytosine
- c The repeating helical structure that is formed by a polypeptide backbone
- d 1. transmission of genetic information to daughter cells
2. transfer of genetic information into protein
3. store of genetic information
4. decoding genetic information
- e Macromolecules
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the phosphate group of one nucleotide is covalently linked to the sugar of the second nucleotide
5 True/False Questions
DNA molecules contain the sugar___as part of the backbone of the molecule → carbohydrates
what are proteins? → proteins are polymers essential to nearly all life processes
adenine → proteins are polymers essential to nearly all life processes
what are the four categories of macromolecules → carbohydrates
what is determined by the expression of genetic information? → what type of cell is formed(liver or muscle)
the identity of an organism (eg human or mouse)