5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- rank the following polysaccharides of glucose in order od most branched form to least branches form.
- a______is a compound that lowers the concentration of hydrogen ions in a solution.
- what are the major differences between dehydration reactions and hydrolysis reactions
- how are structural isomers and stereoisomers different form one another?
- what is the difference between the N-terminus and the C-terminus of a polypeptide?
- a only stereoisomer have identical bonding relationships but different structures
only structural isomers contain the same atoms,but with different bonding relationships.
- b dehydration reactions involve the loss of water and hydrolysis reactions involve the addition of water
dehydration reactions form polymers hydrolysis reactions break down polymers into monomers.
- c base
- d 1. glycogen
- e The N-terminus has a free amino group and the C-terminus has a free carboxyl group.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- when one protein binds to another, this is called a protein- protein interaction
- at least two polypeptides
5 True/False Questions
what are lipids → lipids are hydrophobic molecules composed primarily of hydrogen and carbon.
DNA molecules contain the sugar___as part of the backbone of the molecule → carbohydrates
1.monounsaturated fatty acids
2. polyunsaturated fatty acids
3. saturated fatty acid → lower
If a protein may contain several different domains and each domain has____function → lower
Glycogen → 1. moderate branching
3. highly branched