5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What possibly helped save Kevin Everett?
- What percent of persons with paraplegia return to work?
- ASIA A) Complete Lesion consists of:
- What separates the injury sites where a person would become paraplegia or quadriplegia?
- ASIA B) An incomplete lesion consists of:
- a Cool liquid treatment to the crush injury that reduced inflammation during spinal shock.
- b 40%
- c Above or Below the Thoracic Spine
- d Only sensory or only motor is impaired
- e No sensory or motor function
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Center of spinal cord lesion.
- Hemicord Syndrome
- Vertebral bodies collapse on each other from osteoporosis and it can cause Anterior Cord Syndrome.
- Spinothalamic (pain and temp) bilaterally, and alpha motor neurons. usually at the level of injury or one segment below
- B12 deficiencies (alcoholism and diet) and AIDS
5 True/False Questions
In recovery how long is the SC in Spinal Shock? What happens during this time? → 24-48 hours, Inflammation
What does C5 Tetraplegia mean? → C5 is the last intact area of the spinal column.
Anterior Cord Syndrome affects what pathways? → Further recovery is rare, most recovered function will already be discovered
What is Hemicord Syndrome? → Lesion damage to anterior 2/3 of cord bilaterally at some level.
All deficits of Radiculopathy are ___. → Ipsilateral and Specific.