← Ms Astorino Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 4 Organs of the Excretory System
- 4 types of teeth
- a three purposes: cleanses body of harmful nutrients, makes proteins that clot your blood, and produces bile. right next to the stomach
- b Skin- removes sweat, extra salts and sugars Liver- removes solid waste Kidneys- removes liquid waste Lungs- removes carbon dioxide
- c allows urine to pass out of the body
- d extra tissue that grows inside the large intestine
- e incisors, canine, molars, premolars
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 20 feet long... this is where nutrients are absorbed. mesentary holds the intestine together. villi, projections that absorb nutrients.
- a smaller form of the large intestine because we used to eat mostly plants
- wavelike motions of the smooth muscle, occurs in the small intestine
- Changed chemically first in the mouth when the food combines with saliva. The enzyme amylase breaks starches into sugar. Food is now called a bolus. Once food is mixed in the stomach it becomes chyme.
- rugae- folds in the _______ wall. pH of 1 from HCl. breaks down a bolus into chyme.
5 True/False Questions
Gall Bladder → stores waste-urine
ulcer → occurs in the stomach lining when... the acid burns a hole in the stomach wall because of a lack of mucous
3 salivary glands → partoid gland, sublingual gland, submandibular gland
esophagus → connects the mouth to the stomach. uses peristalsis to squeeze food down the 10 inch tube.
bolus → digested food that has mixed with saliva and amylase