5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- is cholesterol soluble in water?
- which is an active process and which is passive inpiration/expiration?
- a inspiriation is active
expiration is passive
- b enzyme that breaks down proteins during digestion
- c catabolism of carbs (ie- glucose) by enzymes for the release of energy and pyruvic acid
- d not soluble in water
- e clumping of cells due to introduction of an antibody
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- medulla oblongata
- amount of blood pumped out of ventricle with one contraction (SV= EDV - ESV)
- reduce surface tension for easier expansion during inspiration
- opens ileocecal valve allowing materials to move from small intestine to alrge intestine.
5 True/False Questions
surface tension → clumping of cells due to introduction of an antibody
pCO2 affect on pH → increased pCO2 causes decrease in pH
bicarbonate buffers are found in intestinal juice and produced in the ___ → in the pancreas
bile → complex plolysaccharide stored in the liver and in muscles. It's broken down for energy through glycogenolysis when glucose levels are low
The segments of the colon are, in order: → increase in pH (alkalosis) causes increase in hemoglobin O2 saturation; decrease in pH (acidosis) decreases hemoglobin O2 saturation