5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- A major function of hepatocytes is the formation and secretion of which substance?
- a precursor (zymogen) of pepsin, secreted by chief cells in the stomach
- b clumping of cells due to introduction of an antibody
- c platelet
- d Hepatocytes (liver cells) generate and secrete bile
- e blood components that carry cholesterol through the blood stream.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The alveolar pressure is less than atmospheric pressure during inspiration, but greater than atmospheric pressure during expiration.
- the volume ejected from the ventricle into the aorta each minute (HR x SV = CO)
- pCO2 increase causes decrease in pH (acidosis) which decreases hemoglobin O2 sat
- stretch receptors and hormonal reactions
- yellow or greenish liquid secreted by the liver that aids in absorption and digestion of lipids (fats)
5 True/False Questions
thrombocytopenia and thrombocytosis are disorders of what blood element? → lipids
Intestinal phase → begins when chyme enters small intestines. controls rate of gastric emptying to allow max absoption of nutrients.
cephalic phase of gastric secretion → begins when you smell, think of or taste food. directed by CNS, prepares stomach to receive food. speeds up production of gastric juices.
glycogenolysis → the formation of glycogen from glucose (anabolic reactions)
gluconeogenesis → the formation of glycogen from glucose (anabolic reactions)