5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- EDV (End Diastolic Volume)
- before enzymes act on fats, they must be emulsified by ___ ___
- Nondigestible substances move through the sections of the colon in which order?
- the basilic and brachial veins of the upper arm empty into the ___ vein
- cause of expiration during normal, quiet breathing?
- a ascending, transverse, descending, sigmoid
- b passive recoil of the lungs and chest wall
- c blood volume in the ventricle before a contraction (at the end of diasole/relaxation)
- d axillary
- e bile salts
5 Multiple choice questions
- very large vein in the trunk formed by fusion fo the jugular and subclavian veins. It then emties into the Superior Venae Cavae.
- contractive tendency of the surface of a liquid that allows it to resist an external force. (its why objects float on water)
- Small arteries are more muscular than large arteries
- yellow or greenish liquid secreted by the liver that aids in absorption and digestion of lipids (fats)
5 True/False questions
agglutination → clumping of cells due to introduction of an antibody
Intestinal phase → begins when chyme enters small intestines. controls rate of gastric emptying to allow max absoption of nutrients.
glycogen → complex plolysaccharide stored in the liver and in muscles. It's broken down for energy through glycogenolysis when glucose levels are low
pyloric sphincter → structure that allows communication between the inferior stomach and the duodenum of the small intestine
starches are digested primarily by ___ and ___ enzymes → salivary and pacreatic enzymes