5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- In the gastric phase, ___ receptors and ___ reactions control gastric activity.
- pepsinogen is secreted by what type of cells?
- Longest stage of the cardiac cycle?
- isovolumetric contraction
- Nondigestible substances move through the sections of the colon in which order?
- a early in ventricular systole, ventricles are contracting isometrically with all valves closed. Pressure is rising but no blood is flowing.
- b stretch receptors and hormonal reactions
- c ascending, transverse, descending, sigmoid
- d chief cells in the gastric glands of the stomach
- e time the atrioventricular valves are open. Bridges all of ventricular systole and diastole
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the breakdown of glycogen stores for use when there is insufficient glucose (catabolic reaction)
- cancers of the bone marrow and/or white blood cells
- contraction of the atria
5 True/False Questions
The segments of the colon are, in order: → increase in pH (alkalosis) causes increase in hemoglobin O2 saturation; decrease in pH (acidosis) decreases hemoglobin O2 saturation
which have relatively more smooth muscle, small arteries or large arteries? → Small arteries are more muscular than large arteries
ESV (End Systolic Volume) → blood volume in the ventricle at the end of systole, the contraction phase
Intestinal phase → begins when chyme enters small intestines. controls rate of gastric emptying to allow max absoption of nutrients.
metalloproteins → blood component that transports metal ions (ie iron) in blood stream