5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- does low blood pH increase or decrease RBC metabolic rates?
- cardiovascular control centers such as cardioacceletory and cardioinhibitory centers are located in what part of the brain?
- ___ is found in some plants and is unable to be digested by humans
- cephalic vein location
- a acidity increases RBC metabolic rates
- b clumping of cells due to introduction of an antibody
- c length of lateral arm
- d cellulose
- e medulla oblongata
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the volume ejected from the ventricle into the aorta each minute (HR x SV = CO)
- begins with arrival of food in the stomach.
- reduce surface tension for easier expansion during inspiration
- increased erythrocyte production
- Hepatocytes (liver cells) generate and secrete bile
5 True/False Questions
isovolumetric contraction → clumping of cells due to introduction of an antibody
metalloproteins → blood component that transports metal ions (ie iron) in blood stream
when blood pH decreases does more or less O2 become available for tissues? → more O2 is released from hemoglobin in response to the increased acidity making more O2 available to tissues.
emulsion → colloidal suspension of a liquid in another liquid
Longest stage of the cardiac cycle? → time the atrioventricular valves are open. Bridges all of ventricular systole and diastole