5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- brachiocephalic vein
- before enzymes act on fats, they must be emulsified by ___ ___
- Nondigestible substances move through the sections of the colon in which order?
- surface tension
- a contractive tendency of the surface of a liquid that allows it to resist an external force. (its why objects float on water)
- b very large vein in the trunk formed by fusion fo the jugular and subclavian veins. It then emties into the Superior Venae Cavae.
- c bile salts
- d ascending, transverse, descending, sigmoid
- e platelet
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- time the atrioventricular valves are open. Bridges all of ventricular systole and diastole
- break down or emulsify fat droplets
- blood component that transports metal ions (ie iron) in blood stream
- decrease in pH leads to decrease in hemoglobin O2 sat
- increase in pH leads to increase in hemoglobin O2 sat
5 True/False Questions
The radial and ulnar veins fuse to form this vein that runs most of the length of the arm → opens during QRS, closes at end of T wave
pH affect on hemoglobin and oxygen → increase in pH (alkalosis) causes increase in hemoglobin O2 saturation; decrease in pH (acidosis) decreases hemoglobin O2 saturation
describe the pressure in the alveoli during normal quiet respiration → The alveolar pressure is less than atmospheric pressure during inspiration, but greater than atmospheric pressure during expiration.
bile is secreted by ___ → increased pCO2 causes decrease in pH
thrombocytosis → blood components that carry cholesterol through the blood stream.