5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- does low blood pH increase or decrease RBC metabolic rates?
- which is an active process and which is passive inpiration/expiration?
- two functions of glycogenolysis
- before enzymes act on fats, they must be emulsified by ___ ___
- a bile salts
- b acidity increases RBC metabolic rates
- c inspiriation is active
expiration is passive
- d colloidal suspension of a liquid in another liquid
- e 1-maintain blood glucose level
2-provide energy during fight-or-flight response
5 Multiple choice questions
- high blood platelet count
- contraction of the atria
- time the atrioventricular valves are open. Bridges all of ventricular systole and diastole
- salivary and pacreatic enzymes
5 True/False questions
brachiocephalic vein → very large vein in the trunk formed by fusion fo the jugular and subclavian veins. It then emties into the Superior Venae Cavae.
bicarbonate buffers are found in intestinal juice and produced in the ___ → bile salts
A loss in the function of gastric chief cells would result in a decreased ability to digest which substance? → protein
is cholesterol soluble in water? → structure that allows communication between the inferior stomach and the duodenum of the small intestine
In the gastric phase, ___ receptors and ___ reactions control gastric activity. → begins with arrival of food in the stomach.