5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In the gastric phase, ___ receptors and ___ reactions control gastric activity.
- pyloric sphincter
- A loss in the function of gastric chief cells would result in a decreased ability to digest which substance?
- cephalic phase of gastric secretion
- a structure that allows communication between the inferior stomach and the duodenum of the small intestine
- b stretch receptors and hormonal reactions
- c protein
- d begins when you smell, think of or taste food. directed by CNS, prepares stomach to receive food. speeds up production of gastric juices.
- e blood component that transports metal ions (ie iron) in blood stream
5 Multiple choice questions
- amount of blood pumped out of ventricle with one contraction (SV= EDV - ESV)
- abnormal decrease in blood platelets
- hepatocytes (liver cells)
- parietal cells in the gastric glands of the stomach
- not soluble in water
5 True/False questions
alkalosis affect on hemoglobin O2 sat → pCO2 increase causes decrease in pH (acidosis) which decreases hemoglobin O2 sat
cardiac output → complex plolysaccharide stored in the liver and in muscles. It's broken down for energy through glycogenolysis when glucose levels are low
acidosis affect on hemoglobin O2 sat → pCO2 increase causes decrease in pH (acidosis) which decreases hemoglobin O2 sat
___ is found in some plants and is unable to be digested by humans → break down or emulsify fat droplets
clotting problems and electrolyte imbalances are disorders of what blood element? → platelets