5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- which is an active process and which is passive inpiration/expiration?
- gastroileal reflex
- does low blood pH increase or decrease RBC metabolic rates?
- The force of ventricular contraction ___ when venous return increases
- chief cells in the stomach secrete ___
- a increases
- b acidity increases RBC metabolic rates
- c opens ileocecal valve allowing materials to move from small intestine to alrge intestine.
- d pepsinogen
- e inspiriation is active
expiration is passive
5 Multiple choice questions
- more O2 is released from hemoglobin in response to the increased acidity making more O2 available to tissues.
- blood volume in the ventricle at the end of systole, the contraction phase
- hepatocytes (liver cells)
- enzyme that breaks down proteins during digestion
5 True/False questions
pCO2 affect on pH → increased pCO2 causes decrease in pH
bile salts and pancreatic enzymes digest what substance? → lipids
pepsin → degrades food proteins into peptides
agglutination → catabolism of carbs (ie- glucose) by enzymes for the release of energy and pyruvic acid
hydrolysis → catabolism of carbs (ie- glucose) by enzymes for the release of energy and pyruvic acid