5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- gasric phase of secretion
- pressure is generally high/low in the pulmonary circuit?
- dehydration synthesis
- Stroke Volume
- a begins with arrival of food in the stomach.
- b amount of blood pumped out of ventricle with one contraction (SV= EDV - ESV)
- c opposite of hydrolysis. anabolic reacition that joins two molecules by removing water.
- d complex plolysaccharide stored in the liver and in muscles. It's broken down for energy through glycogenolysis when glucose levels are low
- e relatively low (high pressure causes edema)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- degrades food proteins into peptides
- Heart irritability is increased
- clumping of cells due to introduction of an antibody
- increase in pH (alkalosis) causes increase in hemoglobin O2 saturation; decrease in pH (acidosis) decreases hemoglobin O2 saturation
5 True/False Questions
cause of expiration during normal, quiet breathing? → veins to prevent backflow
isovolumetric contraction → clumping of cells due to introduction of an antibody
cephalic vein location → length of lateral arm
pyloric sphincter → structure that allows communication between the inferior stomach and the duodenum of the small intestine
The radial and ulnar veins fuse to form this vein that runs most of the length of the arm → brachial vein