5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- parietal cells in the stomach secrete ___ ___
- pepsinogen is secreted by what type of cells?
- cephalic phase of gastric secretion
- triglycerides are digested by the enzyme ___ ___
- In the gastric phase, ___ receptors and ___ reactions control gastric activity.
- a chief cells in the gastric glands of the stomach
- b pancreatic lipase
- c begins when you smell, think of or taste food. directed by CNS, prepares stomach to receive food. speeds up production of gastric juices.
- d hydrochloric acid
- e stretch receptors and hormonal reactions
5 Multiple choice questions
- not soluble in water
- decrease in pH leads to decrease in hemoglobin O2 sat
- blood volume in the ventricle at the end of systole, the contraction phase
5 True/False questions
Longest stage of the cardiac cycle? → time the atrioventricular valves are open. Bridges all of ventricular systole and diastole
A major function of hepatocytes is the formation and secretion of which substance? → Hepatocytes (liver cells) generate and secrete bile
cardiovascular control centers such as cardioacceletory and cardioinhibitory centers are located in what part of the brain? → The alveolar pressure is less than atmospheric pressure during inspiration, but greater than atmospheric pressure during expiration.
The aortic valve opens during the ___ and closes at the end of the ___ ___ → opens during QRS, closes at end of T wave
Where in the cardiovascular system is blood pressure normally the highest? → the systemic circuit