5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In the cephalic phase, reflexes from the ___-based senses stimulate increased gastric activity.
- is cholesterol soluble in water?
- ESV (End Systolic Volume)
- the largest arteries with elastic walls and few smooth muscle cells are said to be ___ arteries
- triglycerides are digested by the enzyme ___ ___
- a not soluble in water
- b blood volume in the ventricle at the end of systole, the contraction phase
- c pancreatic lipase
- d elastic
- e head
5 Multiple choice questions
- in the pancreas
- opens ileocecal valve allowing materials to move from small intestine to alrge intestine.
- abnormal decrease in blood platelets
- bile salts
- the volume ejected from the ventricle into the aorta each minute (HR x SV = CO)
5 True/False questions
bile → deficiency in oxygen-carrying red blood cells (erythrocytes)
the basilic and brachial veins of the upper arm empty into the ___ vein → axillary
A major function of hepatocytes is the formation and secretion of which substance? → Hepatocytes (liver cells) generate and secrete bile
isovolumetric contraction → clumping of cells due to introduction of an antibody
alkalosis affect on hemoglobin O2 sat → increase in pH leads to increase in hemoglobin O2 sat