5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- brachiocephalic vein
- In the gastric phase, ___ receptors and ___ reactions control gastric activity.
- gastroenteric reflex
- A major function of hepatocytes is the formation and secretion of which substance?
- a very large vein in the trunk formed by fusion fo the jugular and subclavian veins. It then emties into the Superior Venae Cavae.
- b blood components that carry cholesterol through the blood stream.
- c Hepatocytes (liver cells) generate and secrete bile
- d stretch receptors and hormonal reactions
- e stimulates motility of small intestine to accelerate movement
5 Multiple choice questions
- brachial vein
- opens during QRS, closes at end of T wave
- begins when you smell, think of or taste food. directed by CNS, prepares stomach to receive food. speeds up production of gastric juices.
- parietal cells in the gastric glands of the stomach
5 True/False questions
How does the heart react to hyperkalemia? → Potassium's effect on muscle cells causes contractions to become weak and irregular and eventually to stop.
isovolumetric contraction → clumping of cells due to introduction of an antibody
The force of ventricular contraction ___ when venous return increases → relatively low (high pressure causes edema)
the largest arteries with elastic walls and few smooth muscle cells are said to be ___ arteries → Small arteries are more muscular than large arteries
thrombocytosis → high blood platelet count