5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- which have relatively more smooth muscle, small arteries or large arteries?
- bile is secreted by ___
- isovolumetric relaxation
- triglycerides are digested by the enzyme ___ ___
- 3 phases of gastric secretion
- a hepatocytes (liver cells)
- b early in diastole, all heart valves are closed, ventricles are relaxing but pressure is still higher than atrial pressure so no blood is flowing into ventricles yet.
- c 1-cephalic phase
- d pancreatic lipase
- e Small arteries are more muscular than large arteries
5 Multiple choice questions
- pCO2 increase causes decrease in pH (acidosis) which decreases hemoglobin O2 sat
- Hepatocytes (liver cells) generate and secrete bile
- very large vein in the trunk formed by fusion fo the jugular and subclavian veins. It then emties into the Superior Venae Cavae.
- abnormal decrease in blood platelets
5 True/False questions
Anemia is a disorder of which blood element? → WBC (leukocytes)
how do bile salts aid in the digestion of fat? → break down or emulsify fat droplets
___ is found in some plants and is unable to be digested by humans → cellulose
glycolysis → catabolism of carbs (ie- glucose) by enzymes for the release of energy and pyruvic acid
what affect does living at high altitude have on your erythrocytes? → veins to prevent backflow