5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Memorial Book
- Door Badge
- a Belonging to a brother; of or relating to a brotherhood.
- b Word-ending meaning "to kill."
- c A crepe badge or floral design placed on the door indicating the death of an individual.
- d See Register Book.
- e A building designed specifically for the care of the dead and the serving of the family who will arrange the service and ceremonies
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An erection of stone or other material commemorating the life, deeds or career of some deceased person.
- A title conferred by ordination.
- A desk so designed to facilitate the delivery of a lecture or sermon.
- A watch kept over the deceased sometimes lasting the entire night preceding the funeral; a watch kept over the dead; today it takes place of visitation, calling hours or shiva, Prayers and scripture reading may be part of the wake
- Meaning 30 in the Jewish faith; the 30-day mourning period.
5 True/False Questions
Homicide → Funeral director-embalmer; a coined word to designate the "caretaker" of the dead (most commonly used term: funeral director).
Death Certificate → A Roman Catholic prayer service for the repose of the soul of the departed.
Cot → A portable stretcher commonly employed in an ambulance or transfer vehicle for the moving of the sick, injured, or deceased.
Immediate Disposition → Any disposition of a human remains which is completely devoid of any form of funeral rite at the time of disposition.
Memorial Service → A service conducted in memory of the deceased without the remains being present.