← Funeral Directing Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Traditional Funeral Rite
- a Word-ending meaning "to kill."
- b An unsolicited gift, usually an honorary payment or reward for gratuitous or professional services.
- c A funeral rite that follows a prescribed ritual or ceremony which may be dictated either by religious belief or social custom.
- d From the Latin (sepulcrum): burial place to tomb.
- e A general term designating those places suitable for the reception of a dead human body.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Arrangements which have been completed for an individual prior to death.
- A legal document, issued by a governmental agency, authorizing transportation and/or disposition of a dead human body.
- The Jewish Sabbath; begins at sundown Friday and ends at sundown Saturday.
- The act of bending the right knee as an indication of reverence.
- Person who carries the casket during its movement within the funeral ceremonial procession (preferred term: casket bearers).
5 True/False Questions
Solea → Word-ending meaning "to kill."
Visitation Couch (Day Bed) → That portion of the funeral home in which guests or callers are received.
Inter (Inhume) → To bury in the ground.
Candelabrum → A structure, room or other space in a building or structure of more durable and lasting fireproof construction containing niches,
Euthanasia → Act or practice of painlessly putting to death persons suffering from incurable and distressing disease; mercy killing.