5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is transcription?
- RNA transcription is similar to what process in DNA?
- How many anti-codons can be in a codon?
- How many types of amino acids are there?
- What is Deletion?
- a When a base is lost
- b DNA replication
- c The process of making RNA from DNA
- d Only one
- e Twenty
5 Multiple choice questions
- DNA and RNA
- The nucleus
- A carbon ring structure that contains one or more atoms of nitrogen
- A scientist who studied material in dead bacteria; came to the conclusion that you could change harmless bacteria to harmful bacteria
- A messenger RNA molecule containing DNA material - the messenger RNA (mRNA) then goes to the ribosome
5 True/False questions
What genetic mutation does Sickle Cell Anemia have? → When a substitution doesn't change the amino acid
How does transfer RNA help in translation? → Brings amino acids to the ribosome - the site of protein synthesis
How is DNA different from RNA? → DNA has thymine but RNA doesn't; while RNA has uracil but DNA doesn't
Describe the structure of Nucleotides? → 1) a phosphate
2) a deoxyribose sugar
3) Nitrogen bases (Adonine, Guanine, Cytosine & Thymine)
Where does translation take place? → In the nucleus