← Biology DNA Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Describe the genetic mutation - deletion?
- What is transcription?
- In order to carry out its job, DNA must?
- What is Substitution?
- What is a Silence mutation?
- a Several bases (pieces of DNA) are moved and deleted
- b The process of making RNA from DNA
- c 1) replicate itself
2) be durable; strong structure
3) carry information to code for proteins
4) contain organic substances
- d When a substitution doesn't change the amino acid
- e When one base is substituted for another
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1) Single Stranded
2) Nucleic Acids - building blocks for nucleotides
3) Bases - Guanine, Adenine, Cytosine, Uracil
- Because like a zipper being held together by the teeth, the two chains of nucleotides are held together by nitrogenous bases
- When a base is lost
- When a substitution changes the amino acid to a stop codon
5 True/False Questions
What are three ways in which the structure of RNA differs from the structure of DNA? → Deletion, Insertion and Substitution
Cytosine forms a hydrogen bond with? → Thymine
Translation is to protein - as transcription is to? → mRNA because you translate codes to produce a protein and you transcribe codes for mRNA
What is DNA's job? → A specific sequence of three adjacent bases on a strand of DNA or RNA - provides genetic codes
How is DNA different from RNA? → When an extra base is inserted