← Biology DNA Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is a codon?
- What is Deletion?
- Describe the genetic mutation - deletion?
- Describe the genetic mutation - duplication?
- What is translation?
- a The process of converting information in a sequence of nitrogenous bases in mRNA into a sequence of amino acids in proteins
- b Several bases (pieces of DNA) are moved and deleted
- c A specific sequence of three adjacent bases on a strand of DNA or RNA - provides genetic codes
- d When a base is lost
- e The DNA is duplicated and there is too much information
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A Swiss physician who identified DNA; thought it was a simple molecule containing only four parts
- When a substitution changes the amino acid
- Only one
- DNA and RNA
5 True/False Questions
What is the end product of transcription? → A messenger RNA molecule containing DNA material - the messenger RNA (mRNA) then goes to the ribosome
What are the three stop codons? → 1) Messanger RNA - mRNA
2) Transfer RNA - tRNA
3) Ribosomal RNA - rRNA
Define Nitrogenous Base? → Adonine, Guanine, Cytosine and Thymine
What genetic mutation does Sickle Cell Anemia have? → DNA and RNA
What is the difference between transcription and DNA replication? → Transcription results in the formation of one single stranded RNA molecule rather than a double stranded DNA molecule