5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Define Phosphate Group?
- What are three types of RNA?
- Cytosine forms a hydrogen bond with?
- What is replication?
- How does transfer RNA help in translation?
- a By bringing 20 different amino acids dissolved in the cytoplasm to the ribosomes
- b Guanine
- c 1) Messanger RNA - mRNA
2) Transfer RNA - tRNA
3) Ribosomal RNA - rRNA
- d The production of a new copy of an organism's genetic information which is passed on to a new cell
- e A group composed of one phosphorus atom surrounded by four oxygen atoms
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1) Single Stranded
2) Nucleic Acids - building blocks for nucleotides
3) Bases - Guanine, Adenine, Cytosine, Uracil
- When a substitution changes the amino acid to a stop codon
- DNA has thymine but RNA doesn't; while RNA has uracil but DNA doesn't
- AGU; GAU; AAU
5 True/False questions
Where does cell transcription take place? → In the nucleus
How many codon or codons can there be for the same amino acid? → Only one
How many anti-codons can be in a codon? → Brings amino acids to the ribosome - the site of protein synthesis
Define Nitrogenous Base? → A carbon ring structure that contains one or more atoms of nitrogen
What is transcription? → The process by which enzymes in the nucleus make an RNA copy of a portion of a DNA strand