5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the three types of DNA mutations?
- What does Ribosomal RNA do?
- What are three parts of RNA?
- In order to carry out its job, DNA must?
- Define Nitrogenous Base?
- a 1) Single Stranded
2) Nucleic Acids - building blocks for nucleotides
3) Bases - Guanine, Adenine, Cytosine, Uracil
- b Deletion, Insertion and Substitution
- c A carbon ring structure that contains one or more atoms of nitrogen
- d Combines with proteins to make ribosomes
- e 1) replicate itself
2) be durable; strong structure
3) carry information to code for proteins
4) contain organic substances
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Adonine, Guanine, Cytosine and Thymine
- 1) RNA is single stranded while DNA has a double helix
2) RNA has uracil while DNA has thymine
3) RNA has a ribose base while DNA has a deoxyribose base
- RNA - single chain structure - contains ribose sugar - bases are adenine, cytosine, guanine and uracil - RNA is found in the nucleus and cytoplasm - there are three different types of RNA - messenger RNA (mRNA); ribosomal RNA (rRNA); and transfer RNA (tRNA)
- When one base is substituted for another
- The nucleus
5 True/False Questions
How many types of amino acids are there? → Only one
Why is the structure of a DNA molecule described as a zipper? → Because like a zipper being held together by the teeth, the two chains of nucleotides are held together by nitrogenous bases
What does Messenger RNA do? → Transcribes information from the DNA in the nucleus and carries it to the cytoplasm, and then to the ribosome
What is translation? → The process of making RNA from DNA
What was Hershey and Chase? → Scientists who made models of molecules with structures to fit the data that Rosalind Franklin had discovered