5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What genetic mutation does Sickle Cell Anemia have?
- Define Phosphate Group?
- Cytosine forms a hydrogen bond with?
- How many types of amino acids are there?
- Define Nucleotides?
- a Twenty
- b A group composed of one phosphorus atom surrounded by four oxygen atoms
- c building units composed of DNA. Consists of the four base groups, a deoxyribose sugar and a phosphate group
- d Base substitution or Adding bases
- e Guanine
5 Multiple choice questions
- Amino Acids
- Adonine, Guanine, Cytosine and Thymine
- In the ribosomes in the cytoplasm
- When one base is substituted for another
- A scientist who studied at Rockefeller University; concluded that DNA was a transforming factor
5 True/False questions
What is translation? → The process of making RNA from DNA
What is DNA's job? → To carry the genetic information of an organism
In order to carry out its job, DNA must? → 1) replicate itself
2) be durable; strong structure
3) carry information to code for proteins
4) contain organic substances
Describe the structure of Nucleotides? → 1) a phosphate
2) a deoxyribose sugar
3) Nitrogen bases (Adonine, Guanine, Cytosine & Thymine)
Who were Watson and Crick? → Science lab on Long Island; used radioactively labeled viruses made of only protein and DNA; the viruses infected the bacteria and only transferred the DNA; concluded that genetic material in the viruses was DNA