← Biology DNA Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What genetic mutation does Sickle Cell Anemia have?
- What is Insertion?
- What are the three types of DNA mutations?
- Who were Watson and Crick?
- Describe the genetic mutation - duplication?
- a Deletion, Insertion and Substitution
- b The DNA is duplicated and there is too much information
- c Scientists who made models of molecules with structures to fit the data that Rosalind Franklin had discovered
- d Base substitution or Adding bases
- e When an extra base is inserted
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Transcription results in the formation of one single stranded RNA molecule rather than a double stranded DNA molecule
- 1) separation of the strands
2) base pairing
3) bonding of the bases
4) results of replication
- AGU; GAU; AAU
- When a base is lost
- A five carbon sugar
5 True/False Questions
Describe the genetic mutation - translocation? → Several bases (pieces of DNA) are moved and deleted
What is the end product of transcription? → The process of making RNA from DNA
How many anti-codons can be in a codon? → Only one
Who was Avery Oswald? → A scientist who studied at Rockefeller University; concluded that DNA was a transforming factor
What is translation? → The process by which enzymes in the nucleus make an RNA copy of a portion of a DNA strand