5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Third shell of an atom can contain how many electrons?
- The nucleus of an atom contains...??
- Polar Covalent Bond
- Trace elements
- a A covalent bond between atoms that differ in electronegativity. The shared electrons are pulled closer to the more electornegative atom, making it slightly negative and the other atom slightly positive.
- b Two or more atoms held together by covalent bonds.
- c an element that is essential for life but required in extremely minute amounts.
- d 8
- e Neutrons and protons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Decreasing pH of ocean waters due to absoprtion of excess atmospheric CO2 from the burning of fossil fuels.
- A covalent bond in which electrons are shared equally between two atoms of similar electronegativity.
- A solution in which water is the solvent.
- A subsctance that cannot be broken down to other substance by ordinary chemcial means.
- A chemical bond resulting from the attraction between oppositely charged ions.
5 True/False questions
What 4 elements make up about 96% of living matter? → Neutrons and protons.
Adhesion → The attraction between different kinds of molecules.
Ion → An atom or group of atoms that has gained or lost one or more electrongs, thus acquiring a charge.
Evaporative Cooling → occurs because the molecules with the greates energy leave.
Buffers → A chemical substance that resists changes in pH by accepting hydrogen ions from or donating hydrogen ions to solutions.
substance that minimize changes in pH.