5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Radioactive Isotope
- Aqueous Solution
- a The smallest unit of matter that retains the properties of an element.
- b A compound resulting from the formation of ionic bonds; also called an ionic compound.
- c A solution in which water is the solvent.
- d An isotope whose nucleus decays spontaneously, giving off particles and energy.
- e A subatomic particle with a single positive electrical charge, found in the nucleus of an atom.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An attraction between two atoms resulting from a sharing of outer-shell electrons or the presence of opposite charges on the atoms. The bonded atoms gain complete outer electron shells.
- An atom's central core, containing protons and neutrons.
- Rain, snow or fog that is more acidic than pH 5.2.
- An atom or group of atoms that has gained or lost one or more electrongs, thus acquiring a charge.
- The making and breaking of chemical bonds, leading to changes in the composition of matter.
5 True/False questions
Fourth shell of an atom can contain how many electrons? → 18
pH Scale → A compound resulting from the formation of ionic bonds; also called an ionic compound.
Evaporative Cooling → occurs because the molecules with the greates energy leave.
Neutron → A subatomic particle having no electrical charge, found in the nucleus of an atom.
Solute → A liquid that is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances.