5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mass Number
- Evaporative Cooling
- Ionic Bond
- Chemical Reaction
- a A subsctance that cannot be broken down to other substance by ordinary chemcial means.
- b The making and breaking of chemical bonds, leading to changes in the composition of matter.
- c The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in an atom's nucleus.
- d occurs because the molecules with the greates energy leave.
- e A chemical bond resulting from the attraction between oppositely charged ions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An isotope whose nucleus decays spontaneously, giving off particles and energy.
- The dissolving agent of a solution. Water is the most versatile solvent known.
- A solution in which water is the solvent.
- The amount of energy associated with the movement of atoms and molecules in a body of matter.
5 True/False questions
Solute → A compound resulting from the formation of ionic bonds; also called an ionic compound.
Electronegativity → An energy level representing the distance of an electron from the nucleus of an atom.
Atom → The smallest unit of matter that retains the properties of an element.
First shell of an atom can contain how many electrons? → 8
Acid Precipitation → Rain, snow or fog that is more acidic than pH 5.2.