5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Radioactive Isotope
- Electron Shells
- Evaporative Cooling
- Chemical Bonds
- a An attraction between two atoms resulting from a sharing of outer-shell electrons or the presence of opposite charges on the atoms. The bonded atoms gain complete outer electron shells.
- b A liquid that is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances.
- c occurs because the molecules with the greates energy leave.
- d An energy level representing the distance of an electron from the nucleus of an atom.
- e An isotope whose nucleus decays spontaneously, giving off particles and energy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An atom's central core, containing protons and neutrons.
- A measure of how difficult it is to stretch or break the surface of a liquid. Water has a high surface tension because of the hydrogen bonding of surface molecules.
- One of several atomic forms of an element, each with teh same number of protons but different number of neutrons.
5 True/False questions
What 4 elements make up about 96% of living matter? → Neutrons and protons.
Matter → Anything that occupies space and has mass.
Electron → A subatomic particle with a single negative electrical charge. One or more electrons move around the nuclues of an atom.
Product → A subatomic particle with a single positive electrical charge, found in the nucleus of an atom.
Chemical Reaction → The making and breaking of chemical bonds, leading to changes in the composition of matter.