5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mass Number
- Chemical Reaction
- a The sticking together of molecules of the same kind, often by hydrogen bonds.
- b A chemical substance that resists changes in pH by accepting hydrogen ions from or donating hydrogen ions to solutions.
substance that minimize changes in pH.
- c Anything that occupies space and has mass.
- d The making and breaking of chemical bonds, leading to changes in the composition of matter.
- e The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in an atom's nucleus.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A scale we used to describe how acidic or basic a solution is. The scale ranges from 0-14, 0 being the most acidic and 14 being the most basic. 7 is neutral (pure water)
- A strong chemical bond in which two atoms share one or more pairs of outer-shell electrons.
- The smallest unit of matter that retains the properties of an element.
- A substance that is dissolved in a solution.
- A subatomic particle with a single positive electrical charge, found in the nucleus of an atom.
5 True/False questions
Solvent → The dissolving agent of a solution. Water is the most versatile solvent known.
Ionic Bond → A chemical bond resulting from the attraction between oppositely charged ions.
Third shell of an atom can contain how many electrons? → 8
Radioactive Isotope → An isotope whose nucleus decays spontaneously, giving off particles and energy.
Compound → The dissolving agent of a solution. Water is the most versatile solvent known.