5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fourth shell of an atom can contain how many electrons?
- a The dissolving agent of a solution. Water is the most versatile solvent known.
- b The attraction between different kinds of molecules.
- c 18
- d A starting material in a chemical reaction.
- e A liquid that is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A compound resulting from the formation of ionic bonds; also called an ionic compound.
- The making and breaking of chemical bonds, leading to changes in the composition of matter.
- A strong chemical bond in which two atoms share one or more pairs of outer-shell electrons.
- Rain, snow or fog that is more acidic than pH 5.2.
- A subatomic particle having no electrical charge, found in the nucleus of an atom.
5 True/False questions
Matter → Anything that occupies space and has mass.
Cohesion → The sticking together of molecules of the same kind, often by hydrogen bonds.
Atomic Mass → The number of protons in each atom of a particular element.
Product → A substance that is dissolved in a solution.
Molecule → A substance that is dissolved in a solution.