5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Polar Covalent Bond
- First shell of an atom can contain how many electrons?
- a The attraction between different kinds of molecules.
- b A subsctance that cannot be broken down to other substance by ordinary chemcial means.
- c An atom's central core, containing protons and neutrons.
- d 2
- e A covalent bond between atoms that differ in electronegativity. The shared electrons are pulled closer to the more electornegative atom, making it slightly negative and the other atom slightly positive.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An atom or group of atoms that has gained or lost one or more electrongs, thus acquiring a charge.
- The smallest unit of matter that retains the properties of an element.
- A substance that increases the hydrogen ion concentration in a solution. 0 on pH scale is a strong acid.
- A starting material in a chemical reaction.
5 True/False Questions
What 4 elements make up about 96% of living matter? → Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
Buffers → A chemical substance that resists changes in pH by accepting hydrogen ions from or donating hydrogen ions to solutions.
substance that minimize changes in pH.
Molecule → Two or more atoms held together by covalent bonds.
Ocean Acidification → The making and breaking of chemical bonds, leading to changes in the composition of matter.
The nucleus of an atom contains...?? → Neutrons and protons.