5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Polar Covalent Bond
- Trace elements
- First shell of an atom can contain how many electrons?
- a A covalent bond between atoms that differ in electronegativity. The shared electrons are pulled closer to the more electornegative atom, making it slightly negative and the other atom slightly positive.
- b an element that is essential for life but required in extremely minute amounts.
- c Two or more atoms held together by covalent bonds.
- d The smallest unit of matter that retains the properties of an element.
- e 2
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A solution in which water is the solvent.
- The sticking together of molecules of the same kind, often by hydrogen bonds.
- An ending material in a chemical reaction.
- A starting material in a chemical reaction.
5 True/False Questions
Electron → A subatomic particle with a single negative electrical charge. One or more electrons move around the nuclues of an atom.
Atomic Mass → The smallest unit of matter that retains the properties of an element.
Solution → A substance that is dissolved in a solution.
Ocean Acidification → Rain, snow or fog that is more acidic than pH 5.2.
Base → A substance that decreases the hydrogen ion concentration in a solution. 14 is a strong base on the pH scale.