5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Nonpolar Covalent Bonds
- Radioactive Isotope
- a Measures the intensity of heat.
- b A covalent bond in which electrons are shared equally between two atoms of similar electronegativity.
- c A substance that is dissolved in a solution.
- d An isotope whose nucleus decays spontaneously, giving off particles and energy.
- e An atom or group of atoms that has gained or lost one or more electrongs, thus acquiring a charge.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A measure of how difficult it is to stretch or break the surface of a liquid. Water has a high surface tension because of the hydrogen bonding of surface molecules.
- A molecule containing polar covalent bonds and having an unequal distribution of charges.
- Anything that occupies space and has mass.
- The number of protons in each atom of a particular element.
5 True/False Questions
What 4 elements make up about 96% of living matter? → Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
Acid → A substance that increases the hydrogen ion concentration in a solution. 0 on pH scale is a strong acid.
Cohesion → The attraction between different kinds of molecules.
Covalent Bond → A covalent bond between atoms that differ in electronegativity. The shared electrons are pulled closer to the more electornegative atom, making it slightly negative and the other atom slightly positive.
Nucleus → A chemical substance that resists changes in pH by accepting hydrogen ions from or donating hydrogen ions to solutions.
substance that minimize changes in pH.