5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ocean Acidification
- Evaporative Cooling
- a occurs because the molecules with the greates energy leave.
- b Decreasing pH of ocean waters due to absoprtion of excess atmospheric CO2 from the burning of fossil fuels.
- c A chemical substance that resists changes in pH by accepting hydrogen ions from or donating hydrogen ions to solutions.
substance that minimize changes in pH.
- d a substance consisting of two or more different elements combined in a fixed ratio.
- e Measures the intensity of heat.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
- A substance that decreases the hydrogen ion concentration in a solution. 14 is a strong base on the pH scale.
- An atom or group of atoms that has gained or lost one or more electrongs, thus acquiring a charge.
- The total mass of an atom; also called atomic weight. Given as a whole number, the atomic mass approximately equals the mass number.
- A molecule containing polar covalent bonds and having an unequal distribution of charges.
5 True/False questions
Isotopes → One of several atomic forms of an element, each with teh same number of protons but different number of neutrons.
Element → The dissolving agent of a solution. Water is the most versatile solvent known.
The nucleus of an atom contains...?? → A covalent bond in which electrons are shared equally between two atoms of similar electronegativity.
Fourth shell of an atom can contain how many electrons? → 18
Acid → A substance that increases the hydrogen ion concentration in a solution. 0 on pH scale is a strong acid.