5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Third shell of an atom can contain how many electrons?
- The nucleus of an atom contains...??
- a 8
- b Neutrons and protons.
- c The attraction of a given atom for the electrons of a covalent bond.
- d A compound resulting from the formation of ionic bonds; also called an ionic compound.
- e A subatomic particle with a single positive electrical charge, found in the nucleus of an atom.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Rain, snow or fog that is more acidic than pH 5.2.
- A type of weak chemical bond formed when the partially positive hydrogen atom participating in a polar covalent bond in one molecule is attracted to the partially negative atom participating in a polar covalent bond in another molecule (or in another region of the same molecule).
- A chemical substance that resists changes in pH by accepting hydrogen ions from or donating hydrogen ions to solutions.
substance that minimize changes in pH.
- A molecule containing polar covalent bonds and having an unequal distribution of charges.
- The total mass of an atom; also called atomic weight. Given as a whole number, the atomic mass approximately equals the mass number.
5 True/False questions
Mass Number → The number of protons in each atom of a particular element.
Temperature → An ending material in a chemical reaction.
Ionic Bond → An attraction between two atoms resulting from a sharing of outer-shell electrons or the presence of opposite charges on the atoms. The bonded atoms gain complete outer electron shells.
Neutron → A subatomic particle having no electrical charge, found in the nucleus of an atom.
Aqueous Solution → A liquid that is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances.