5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- First shell of an atom can contain how many electrons?
- a 2
- b Anything that occupies space and has mass.
- c A subatomic particle with a single negative electrical charge. One or more electrons move around the nuclues of an atom.
- d An ending material in a chemical reaction.
- e A subsctance that cannot be broken down to other substance by ordinary chemcial means.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A chemical substance that resists changes in pH by accepting hydrogen ions from or donating hydrogen ions to solutions.
substance that minimize changes in pH.
- A substance that increases the hydrogen ion concentration in a solution. 0 on pH scale is a strong acid.
- An atom or group of atoms that has gained or lost one or more electrongs, thus acquiring a charge.
- The smallest unit of matter that retains the properties of an element.
- Decreasing pH of ocean waters due to absoprtion of excess atmospheric CO2 from the burning of fossil fuels.
5 True/False Questions
Temperature → Two or more atoms held together by covalent bonds.
Adhesion → The attraction between different kinds of molecules.
Solvent → A subsctance that cannot be broken down to other substance by ordinary chemcial means.
Third shell of an atom can contain how many electrons? → 2
Chemical Reaction → An attraction between two atoms resulting from a sharing of outer-shell electrons or the presence of opposite charges on the atoms. The bonded atoms gain complete outer electron shells.