5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is an atom?
- What is a neutron?
- What are elements?
- What is a polar molecule?
- What is an electron?
- a The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
- b Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
- c an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
- d A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
- e a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
5 Multiple choice questions
- up to 8 electrons.
- A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- the number of electrons it has.
- The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
5 True/False questions
What is a proton? → an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold? → up to 8 electrons.
Which part of the atom has the most energy? → The outer shell.
The number of covalent bonds an atom can form is equal to what? → the number of electrons it has.
What is a radioactive isotope? → Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons