5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which part of the atom has the most energy?
- What are elements?
- What is a radioactive isotope?
- What makes up the nucleus?
- What is an electron?
- a A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
- b Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
- c is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
- d Protons and neutrons.
- e The outer shell.
5 Multiple choice questions
- an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
- The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
- Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
5 True/False questions
What is matter? → The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
What are the three types of chemical bonds? → Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
The number of shells an atom has depends on what? → the number of electrons it has.
What is a molecule? → Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by → cohesion