5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a radioactive isotope?
- What is ion?
- What are isotopes?
- Which part of the atom has the most energy?
- What is an ionic bond?
- a Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- b is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
- c The outer shell.
- d The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
- e The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
- Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
- A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
5 True/False questions
What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells? → the atomic number.
What is the atomic number? → The number of protons in an atom.
What is a neutron? → A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold? → up to 8 electrons.
The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by → the polarity of the water molecule