5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What determines which element it is?
- What is an ionic compound?
- What is a radioactive isotope?
- What is an atom?
- What is ion?
- a A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- b The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
- c is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
- d The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
- e the atomic number.
5 Multiple choice questions
- up to 8 electrons.
- a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
- Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
- The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
5 True/False questions
What physical states is matter found in? → Solid
What is a covalent bond? → Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
What is matter? → Anything that has mass and occupies space.
What are isotopes? → Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
What is the atomic number? → The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.