5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by
- What determines the chemical properties of an atom?
- What is ion?
- What is an atom?
- How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold?
- a The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
- b The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
- c the polarity of the water molecule
- d The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
- e up to 8 electrons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
- a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
- A compound held together by ionic bonds.
5 True/False questions
The number of covalent bonds an atom can form is equal to what? → The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells? → Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
What are isotopes? → Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
What is matter? → Anything that has mass and occupies space.
The number of shells an atom has depends on what? → The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.