5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is ion?
- What determines which element it is?
- The number of shells an atom has depends on what?
- What is an ionic compound?
- What is an electron?
- a the atomic number.
- b the number of electrons it has.
- c A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- d A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
- e The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
- The number of protons in an atom.
- Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
- Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
5 True/False questions
The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by → cohesion
What are elements? → Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
What is matter? → Anything that has mass and occupies space.
What is a hydrogen bond? → Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
The tendency of water molecules to stick to each other is called → the number of electrons it has.