5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is an ionic bond?
- What is an ionic compound?
- What is a covalent bond?
- The number of covalent bonds an atom can form is equal to what?
- What is a chemical reactions?
- a Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
- b The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
- c Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
- d The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
- e A compound held together by ionic bonds.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the number of electrons it has.
- Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
- the atomic number.
- A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
- The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
5 True/False questions
What is a neutron? → an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
What are the three types of chemical bonds? → Ionic
What is a polar molecule? → Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
What is mass? → The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
What are isotopes? → Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.