5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is matter?
- What is a neutron?
- What is a polar molecule?
- What is the atomic number?
- What is mass?
- a The number of protons in an atom.
- b a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
- c Anything that has mass and occupies space.
- d an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
- e The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
- A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
- Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
5 True/False questions
What is an atom? → The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
The number of shells an atom has depends on what? → The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
What determines the chemical properties of an atom? → the atomic number.
What is a radioactive isotope? → Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
What are the three types of chemical bonds? → Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.