5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are isotopes?
- What are the three types of chemical bonds?
- How many of the 90 naturally- occuring elements are used by living organisms?
- What is an electron?
- The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by
- a Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- b A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
- c Ionic
- d 25.
- e the polarity of the water molecule
5 Multiple choice questions
- an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
- A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
- Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
- The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
5 True/False questions
What is a molecule? → a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
What is a hydrogen bond? → Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
The number of shells an atom has depends on what? → the number of electrons it has.
What is an atom? → The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold? → up to 8 electrons.