5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What determines the chemical properties of an atom?
- What is an ionic bond?
- Which part of the atom has the most energy?
- What is a hydrogen bond?
- What is a chemical reactions?
- a Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
- b Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
- c The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
- d The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
- e The outer shell.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
- The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
- the atomic number.
5 True/False Questions
What is a neutron? → an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
What is a covalent bond? → Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold? → up to 8 electrons.
What are isotopes? → Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by → cohesion