5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are elements?
- The number of covalent bonds an atom can form is equal to what?
- The tendency of water molecules to stick to each other is called
- What is mass?
- Which part of the atom has the most energy?
- a The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- b The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
- c cohesion
- d The outer shell.
- e Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The number of protons in an atom.
- is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
- A compound held together by ionic bonds.
5 True/False questions
What determines which element it is? → the atomic number.
What are isotopes? → Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
What is a covalent bond? → Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
What is a polar molecule? → Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells? → Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.