5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What determines the chemical properties of an atom?
- The number of shells an atom has depends on what?
- What is a proton?
- What is the atomic number?
- What is ion?
- a A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
- b the number of electrons it has.
- c The number of protons in an atom.
- d The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
- e The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
- Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
- Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
- Protons and neutrons.
5 True/False Questions
Which part of the atom has the most energy? → The number of protons in an atom.
What is an electron? → A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
The number of covalent bonds an atom can form is equal to what? → The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
What is a radioactive isotope? → Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by → cohesion