5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a molecule?
- What determines which element it is?
- What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells?
- The number of covalent bonds an atom can form is equal to what?
- What is an electron?
- a The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
- b Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
- c Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
- d the atomic number.
- e A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The outer shell.
- a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
- Anything that has mass and occupies space.
5 True/False questions
The number of shells an atom has depends on what? → The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
What physical states is matter found in? → Solid
How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold? → 2.
What are the three types of chemical bonds? → Ionic
What are elements? → Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.