5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold?
- What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells?
- What is a covalent bond?
- What is an atom?
- What is a chemical reactions?
- a 2.
- b Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
- c The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
- d Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
- e Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
5 Multiple choice questions
- is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
- A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
- the atomic number.
5 True/False questions
What physical states is matter found in? → Solid
What makes up the nucleus? → Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold? → up to 8 electrons.
What is ion? → The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
What is an ionic bond? → A compound held together by ionic bonds.