5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Which part of the atom has the most energy?
- The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by
- What are isotopes?
- What is a radioactive isotope?
- The number of covalent bonds an atom can form is equal to what?
- a The outer shell.
- b is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
- c The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
- d the polarity of the water molecule
- e Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
- The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
- The number of protons in an atom.
5 True/False Questions
What is matter? → Anything that has mass and occupies space.
What is an ionic bond? → The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
What is an electron? → an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
What physical states is matter found in? → Anything that has mass and occupies space.
How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold? → 2.