5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What physical states is matter found in?
- What are the three types of chemical bonds?
- What makes up the nucleus?
- How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold?
- Which part of the atom has the most energy?
- a up to 8 electrons.
- b Ionic
- c Solid
- d The outer shell.
- e Protons and neutrons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
- the polarity of the water molecule
- Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
5 True/False questions
The number of covalent bonds an atom can form is equal to what? → The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
What is a hydrogen bond? → Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
What is a covalent bond? → Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
What is the atomic number? → The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
What are elements? → Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons