5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are elements?
- What are the three types of chemical bonds?
- What are isotopes?
- Which part of the atom has the most energy?
- What makes up the nucleus?
- a Ionic
- b Protons and neutrons.
- c Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- d The outer shell.
- e Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- up to 8 electrons.
- is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
- Anything that has mass and occupies space.
- the atomic number.
5 True/False Questions
What is a polar molecule? → Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
What physical states is matter found in? → Solid
What primarily determines how an atom behaves? → the atomic number.
What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells? → the atomic number.
What is a hydrogen bond? → Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.