5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is an ionic bond?
- What determines the chemical properties of an atom?
- What is the atomic number?
- How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold?
- What is an electron?
- a up to 8 electrons.
- b The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
- c The number of protons in an atom.
- d The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
- e A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
- A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
5 True/False Questions
What is mass? → The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
What is an atom? → The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
What are the three types of chemical bonds? → Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
What is matter? → Anything that has mass and occupies space.
What is a molecule? → Atoms held together by covalent bonds.