5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many of the 90 naturally- occuring elements are used by living organisms?
- What are the three types of chemical bonds?
- What is a neutron?
- What is a polar molecule?
- What makes up the nucleus?
- a Protons and neutrons.
- b 25.
- c Ionic
- d an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
- e a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
- Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
- up to 8 electrons.
- A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
5 True/False questions
The number of shells an atom has depends on what? → the number of electrons it has.
The tendency of water molecules to stick to each other is called → cohesion
What is an atom? → The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
What determines which element it is? → Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
What is a covalent bond? → Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.