5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The number of shells an atom has depends on what?
- What is mass?
- What is a proton?
- What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells?
- How many of the 90 naturally- occuring elements are used by living organisms?
- a Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
- b The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- c A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
- d the number of electrons it has.
- e 25.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
- A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
5 True/False questions
The tendency of water molecules to stick to each other is called → the number of electrons it has.
What is an ionic bond? → The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
What is a radioactive isotope? → is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
What is a neutron? → A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by → cohesion