5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is an ionic bond?
- How many of the 90 naturally- occuring elements are used by living organisms?
- What primarily determines how an atom behaves?
- What makes up the nucleus?
- What is an atom?
- a Electrons.
- b Protons and neutrons.
- c 25.
- d The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
- e The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
- the number of electrons it has.
- A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
- Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
- A compound held together by ionic bonds.
5 True/False questions
What is a neutron? → A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
What is a polar molecule? → Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
What is ion? → The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
Which part of the atom has the most energy? → The number of protons in an atom.
What is mass? → Anything that has mass and occupies space.