5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is an ionic bond?
- What is a molecule?
- What is ion?
- What is an ionic compound?
- What are isotopes?
- a A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- b The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
- c Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- d Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
- e The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
- The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
- The number of protons in an atom.
- Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
5 True/False questions
The tendency of water molecules to stick to each other is called → the number of electrons it has.
What primarily determines how an atom behaves? → the atomic number.
How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold? → up to 8 electrons.
How many of the 90 naturally- occuring elements are used by living organisms? → 25.
What is a proton? → an electronically neutral subatomic particle.