5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is a chemical reactions?
- How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold?
- What are isotopes?
- What is an ionic bond?
- What is matter?
- a Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- b Anything that has mass and occupies space.
- c up to 8 electrons.
- d Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
- e The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
- The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- The outer shell.
- The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
- an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
5 True/False Questions
What physical states is matter found in? → Protons and neutrons.
The tendency of water molecules to stick to each other is called → cohesion
The number of covalent bonds an atom can form is equal to what? → the number of electrons it has.
What are the three types of chemical bonds? → Ionic
What is ion? → The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.