5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by
- The tendency of water molecules to stick to each other is called
- What physical states is matter found in?
- What makes up the nucleus?
- What determines the chemical properties of an atom?
- a Solid
- b the polarity of the water molecule
- c Protons and neutrons.
- d The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
- e cohesion
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
- The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- up to 8 electrons.
- A compound held together by ionic bonds.
5 True/False Questions
What is a radioactive isotope? → Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
Which part of the atom has the most energy? → The outer shell.
What is a hydrogen bond? → Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
What primarily determines how an atom behaves? → Electrons.
What is matter? → The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.