5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are isotopes?
- What makes up the nucleus?
- How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold?
- What is mass?
- Which part of the atom has the most energy?
- a 2.
- b The outer shell.
- c Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- d The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- e Protons and neutrons.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
- Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
- A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
- The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
5 True/False Questions
What is ion? → The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
What is an ionic compound? → A compound held together by ionic bonds.
What is matter? → The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
What is a proton? → A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
The number of shells an atom has depends on what? → the number of electrons it has.