5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What physical states is matter found in?
- What is an atom?
- The number of shells an atom has depends on what?
- What is a radioactive isotope?
- What is a hydrogen bond?
- a Solid
- b Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
- c The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
- d the number of electrons it has.
- e is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
- the atomic number.
- Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
5 True/False questions
What are elements? → Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold? → 2.
What are the three types of chemical bonds? → Ionic
Which part of the atom has the most energy? → The number of protons in an atom.
What is an ionic compound? → A compound held together by ionic bonds.