5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What determines which element it is?
- What is a covalent bond?
- What is an electron?
- What is ion?
- What is a proton?
- a The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
- b the atomic number.
- c A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
- d A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
- e Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
- up to 8 electrons.
- the polarity of the water molecule
5 True/False questions
What are the three types of chemical bonds? → Ionic
What is an ionic bond? → The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
What is matter? → The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
What makes up the nucleus? → Protons and neutrons.
What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells? → Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.