5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What makes up the nucleus?
- What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells?
- What is an electron?
- How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold?
- What is the atomic number?
- a A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
- b Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
- c The number of protons in an atom.
- d 2.
- e Protons and neutrons.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- the number of electrons it has.
- The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
- Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
5 True/False Questions
What physical states is matter found in? → Solid
What determines the chemical properties of an atom? → the atomic number.
The tendency of water molecules to stick to each other is called → cohesion
What is a hydrogen bond? → Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
What is matter? → Anything that has mass and occupies space.