5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a molecule?
- The number of covalent bonds an atom can form is equal to what?
- What determines the chemical properties of an atom?
- What are elements?
- What is an electron?
- a Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
- b Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
- c The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
- d A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
- e The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
- Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- The number of protons in an atom.
- is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
5 True/False questions
The number of shells an atom has depends on what? → the number of electrons it has.
What is a polar molecule? → a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
What is a neutron? → an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
What primarily determines how an atom behaves? → Electrons.
What is mass? → The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.