5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the three types of chemical bonds?
- What is a proton?
- The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by
- Which part of the atom has the most energy?
- What is a neutron?
- a an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
- b A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
- c The outer shell.
- d the polarity of the water molecule
- e Ionic
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
- The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
- the number of electrons it has.
5 True/False Questions
What is a chemical reactions? → Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
What is a covalent bond? → Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
What is a radioactive isotope? → Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
What is a molecule? → a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold? → up to 8 electrons.