5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What makes up the nucleus?
- What is a proton?
- What determines which element it is?
- The number of shells an atom has depends on what?
- The tendency of water molecules to stick to each other is called
- a cohesion
- b the number of electrons it has.
- c A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
- d Protons and neutrons.
- e the atomic number.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the polarity of the water molecule
- Anything that has mass and occupies space.
- The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
5 True/False questions
What are elements? → Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
What is a chemical reactions? → Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
Which part of the atom has the most energy? → The outer shell.
What is a hydrogen bond? → Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
What is ion? → The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.