5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Receiving Vault
- a The burning chamber in a crematory.
- b An infant dead at birth.
- c An unusually ornate and elaborate casket, usually made of very heavy metal, granite or marble; and body may be placed directly in it, or a casketed body may be placed in one as a repository.
- d A structure designed for the temporary storage of bodies which are not to be immediately interred.
- e A raised platform or stage.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An imitation of grass made in mat form and used at the cemetery to cover the earth around the grave.
- See Narthex.
- The sides of a Liturgical church in which additional seating is located.
- A funeral rite that is adjusted to the needs and wants of those directly involved; one which has been altered to suit the trends of the times.
- See Mogen David.
5 True/False questions
Canopy (Cemetery Tent) → A portable shelter employed to cover the grave area during the committal.
Chancel → The place about the altar of the church, usually enclosed for clergy and other officials; the sanctuary and choir.
Suicide → To kill oneself intentionally; deliberate and intentional destruction of his own life.
Vault → The burning chamber in a crematory.
Fraternal → The burning chamber in a crematory.