← Authors Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Born as William Sydney Porter. Went to jail for stealling money and dicided to change his name. An award for his name is given out every year for the best short story. Made the books Ransom of Redcheif and Gift of Camafine
- Wrote about Harlem and had a Jazz/blues rhythm in his poems. Was one of the biggest contributors to the Harlem Renaissance. Wrote Jesse B. Semple, The Weary ?BLues, Negro Speak of Rivers, and I Too Sing America.
- Born in San Francisco then at 11 he moved to Massachusetts. had Nature themes. Won four Pulitzer prizes. spoke at many Colleges and Kennedy's inauguration. Was homeschooled. Main poems were Fire and Ice, Road Not Taken, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, and Birches
- Made Maggie: a Girl of the Streets and The Red Badge of Courage. He experienced a shipwreck and wrote The Open Boat. He was a war Correspondent in combat areas and travelted to Cuba, Greece, Texas and Mexico. Used Realism in his works. Died from Tuberculosis at the age of 28
- Won the Purple heart. Wrote Slaughterhouse Five based on a real life expirience in World War. Attempted Suicide. Main charectors were KillGortrout, and Billy Pilgrim. Also wrote Breakfast of Champions. and was a guru to college students in the 60's and 70's
5 True/False Questions
Pearl S. Buck → Born as Samuel Langhorne Clemens with Haley's Comet visible in the sky at birth and death. Spent much of his childhood at the riverside. Wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and The Adverntures of Huckleberry Finn
James Thurber → Was shot in the eye. Was a journalist. Went to Ohio State University. Was a humorist with cartoons and marriage. Wrote The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and Is Sex Nessaccary.
Herman Melville → Became a cabin boy and ended up escaping the ship, wrote on the Typee Indians which were canabilists. Wrote on adventures he had on the southern Pocific. Known for Symbolism and wrote Moby Dick
Mark Twain → Went to Klondike to find gold. Wrote Call of the Wild and White Fang. Committed Suicide by Morphine. John Grifith Chany was his third name. Main Themes were Man vs. Wild or Man vs. Nature.
Ernest Hemingway → Born in Oak Park, IL. Spent Summer in Michigan. During World War I he was a ambulance driver in Italy. Wrote A Farewell to Arms, For Whome the Bell Toles, The sun Also Rises and The old Man and the Sea. Won the Pulitzer an Nobel Prize. Was Depressed and Shot himself.