5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hair is primarily composed of _____.
- The structural and physiological characteristics of all plants and animals are specifically adapted to their _____.
- Fibrous, Regular Connective Tissue
- What is the main type of cell in every tissue in the body except connective tissue?
- a structural unit of at least two tissues, organized in certain proportions and patterns, that carries out one or more common tasks
- b habitat
- c fibroblasts
- d Has orderly rows of fibroblasts between parallel, tightly packed, bundles of fibers. Helps keep tissue from being torn apart whrn placed under mechanical stress. Tendons and ligaments are examples
- e keratin fibers
5 Multiple choice questions
- tells the muscle cells how much energy is needed to perform an action
- complex of three regulatory proteins that is integral to muscle contraction in skeletal and cardiac muscle
- the cavity in the vertebrate body enclosed by the ribs between the diaphragm and the neck and containing the lungs and heart
- inducing change in a target cell's activity
- in epithelia
5 True/False questions
nervous tissue → composed of neurons and a variety of cells, collectively called neuroglia, that structurally and functionally support them
glands → saclike, secretory organs that open to the free epithelial
sensory receptors → Inner primary tissue layer. Start of the lining of the digestive tract and organs derived from it
white blood cells → filters or traps for foreign particles and contain white blood cells
A penetrating injury to the lungs would require entry into the _____ cavity. → thoracic