5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A beauty-salon permanent begins by applying a chemical to the hair that _____.
- white blood cells
- Skeletal System
- In ligaments, what thing, found in the tissue matrix, facilitates movements around joints?
- The structural and physiological characteristics of all plants and animals are specifically adapted to their _____.
- a patrol, defend, and repair tissues
- b Supports and protects body parts; provides muscle attachment sites; produces red blood cells; stores calcium and phosphorous
- c habitat
- d elastic fibers
- e breaks the disulfide bonds between adjacent keratin chains
5 Multiple choice questions
- the part of the small intestine between the stomach and the jejunum
- Has orderly rows of fibroblasts between parallel, tightly packed, bundles of fibers. Helps keep tissue from being torn apart whrn placed under mechanical stress. Tendons and ligaments are examples
- complex of three regulatory proteins that is integral to muscle contraction in skeletal and cardiac muscle
- in epithelia
- interstitial fluid and plasma
5 True/False questions
red blood cells → get oxygen to metabolically active tissues and get rid of carbon dioxide wastes
Positive and negative feedback help maintain the internal environment in a state of _____. → active and passive
sensory neurons → detect specific stimuli, such as light, heat, and pressure
glands → fluid portion of blood
development → the basic contractile unit of striated muscle; the segment of a myofibril between two adjacent z-lines.