5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- organ system
- Hair is primarily composed of _____.
- transverse plane
- what do all animals and plants require for all of their living cells?
- a a stable fluid environment
- b splits the top and bottom of a body
- c areas of contact or near-contact in between bones
- d A group of two or more organs that interact to perform a set of related tasks
- e keratin fibers
5 Multiple choice questions
- series of stages in which specialized tissues, organs, and organ systems form. measured qualitatively
- have no ducts. they secrete their products, hormones, directly into interstitial fluid
- negative feedback
- Maintains the volume and composition of the internal environment; excretes excess fluid and blood-borne wastes
5 True/False questions
cranial cavity → place where individuals of a species normally live
Cellular communication involves sending signals, receiving signals, and _____ → muscle, bone
myofibrils → bundle of contractile filaments that run from one end of a muscle fiber to the other
Sarcomere → the basic contractile unit of striated muscle; the segment of a myofibril between two adjacent z-lines.
what do sensory neurons detect? → soil, air, animals, water, and plants in the area