5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Surface-to-volume ratio is most critical to which metabolic process?
- The activity of _____ results in a tan after adequate exposure to the sun.
- where do gland cells occur?
- a rapid gas exchange
- b in epithelia
- c The middle layer of primary tissue. Start of muscles, bones, and most of the circulatory, urinary, and reproductive systems
- d Signaling molecules that diffuse to another cell
- e melanocytes
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- saclike, secretory organs that open to the free epithelial
- a stable fluid environment
- muscle, bone
- Tissues that cover the internal and external surfaces of the body, the cells of which are held together with specialized structures such as tight junctions. Arise from the ectoderm
- Moves the body and its internal parts; maintains posture and generates heat
5 True/False Questions
Integumentary system → Protects the body from injury, dehydration, and some pathogens. Controls temperature and excretes wastes
Which muscle type is classified as voluntary? → Three
connective tissue → Have connecting roles in the body. Structurally or functoinally support, bind, seperate, and in one case, insulate other tissues
Exocrine glands differ from endocrine glands in that they _____. → Three
In which tissues could abundant collagen and elastin be found? → connective tissues