5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Panting, sweating, and dilation of surface blood vessels in response to overheating are examples of _____.
- An epithelium made up primarily of flattened cells is called _____.
- Programmed cell death is controlled by _____.
- red blood cells
- a negative feedback
- b get oxygen to metabolically active tissues and get rid of carbon dioxide wastes
- c a connective tissue that is more flexible than bone and that protects the ends of bones and keeps them from rubbing together
- d genes
- e squamous
5 Multiple choice questions
- bone cells that break down bone tissue by secreting acids and enzymes into the hardenedmatrix
- organ that removes urea, excess water, and other waste products from the blood and passes them to the ureter
- a stable fluid environment
- cushions and protects the joints between bones
- Rapidly delivers oxygen to the tissue fluid that bathes all living cells; removes carbon dioxide wastes of celss
5 True/False questions
Fibrous, Irregular Connective Tissue → Matrix is packed with many fibroblasts and collagen fibers that are positioned every which way. Is a component of skin that supports intestinal muscles and also forms protective capsules around organs that do not stretch much
integrator → central command post that receives and processes information about stimuli
Negative feedback mechanism → homeostatic control mechanism that reduces the output of the stimulus. fixes changes in the internal environment
Positive and negative feedback help maintain the internal environment in a state of _____. → homeostasis
transverse plane → the bony part of the roof of the mouth