5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Reproductive System
- The structural and physiological characteristics of all plants and animals are specifically adapted to their _____.
- The activity of _____ results in a tan after adequate exposure to the sun.
- what maintains solute-water balance in humans?
- a The middle layer of primary tissue. Start of muscles, bones, and most of the circulatory, urinary, and reproductive systems
- b melanocytes
- c Females produce eggs and males produce sperm that fertilize the egg. Hormones of this system also influence other organ systems
- d kidneys
- e habitat
5 Multiple choice questions
- the outside environment
- space inside the spinal column containing the spinal cord
- occurs only in the heart wall. Contains sarcomeres. Consists of single, branching cells that have a nucleus. At their ends, adhering junctions help keep them from being ripped apart during forceful contractions.
- Energy reservoir where excess carbohydrates and lipids are converted to fats. The fats then form an insulating layer and cushion certain body parts and organs such as kidneys and hearts
5 True/False questions
organ → the two upper chambers of the heart- the receiving areas that pool incoming blood.
Lymph nodes → The middle layer of primary tissue. Start of muscles, bones, and most of the circulatory, urinary, and reproductive systems
Pharynx → fluid portion of blood
myosin → moor protein that starts at the center of the sarcomere. forms a cross bridge to actin when the local concentration of calcium ions rises and a bindig site for the myosin's head is exposed
adhering junction → dislocated intervertebral disk