5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Clinic Manager
- Registered Nurse: RN
- Medical Laoratory Technician : MLT
- Medical / Professional Coder
- a A graduate from a 2 year associate degree, 3 year diploma, or 4 to 5 year bachelors degree program who passed the state licensing examination for RN's. An RN works under the direction of a physician.
- b Person who has additional education and experience in the health-care field to manage a facility.
- c documentation usually from a professional organization that an individual has met certain requirements and standardss set forth by that organization
- d A graduate from a certificate or associate degree program who works under the supervision of a provider or medical technologist in a laboratory preparing specimens and operating automated analyzers.
- e Person who has had education and experience in Current Procedural Terminology, 4th edition : CPT-4 and International Classification of Disease; ICD-9, soon to be ICD-10, coding; responsible for the correct application of codes for procedures, supplies, and diagnoses used for billing professional medical services.
5 Multiple choice questions
- AN agreement by which two states recognize the licensing procedures of each other, consider them valid, and grant licenses to practice based on the other states licensure. In some states, it is referred to as endorsement.
- False, The CMAS is certified through the AMT not the AAMA.
- A chronological file used as a reminder to do specific tasks on schedule; usually daily, weekly, or monthly.
- reciprocity and endorsement
5 True/False questions
Once the MD has achieved the designation of "Board Certified," he/she must ___. → They MD must recertify every 2 to 7 years.
The LPN and the LVN receive the same education?
True or False? → True
List two similarities and dissimilarities between a physician assistant and a nurse practitioner. → Licensure
Nurse Practitioner:NP → Nurse pratitioner is an RN; usually with a bachelor of science in nursing, who has sucessfully completed additional education in an NP program at a master's or doctorate level.
Continuing Education Units : CEU's → These are awarded to professionals within a particular field after gaining additional knowledge at a workshop or seminar.