5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Describe scope of practice for ambulatory healthcare personnel.
- Medical Transcriptionist perform an important part of the documentation process.
True or false?
- Tickler File
- a Any healthcare professional who examines, diagnoses, and treats individuals; including MD's and DO's.
- b Defines the procedures, actions and processes that are permitted for a professional depending on their education, experience, and demonstrated competency.
- c True
- d A chronological file used as a reminder to do specific tasks on schedule; usually daily, weekly, or monthly.
5 Multiple choice questions
- False, The CMAS is certified through the AMT not the AAMA.
- AN entry in an official record listing names of persons satisfying certain requirements and level of education.
- They MD must recertify every 2 to 7 years.
- Nurse pratitioner is an RN; usually with a bachelor of science in nursing, who has sucessfully completed additional education in an NP program at a master's or doctorate level.
5 True/False questions
Physician → A provider who is identified by law as a doctor of medicine : MD or a doctor of osteopathic medicine: OD.
Physician Assistant : PA → Person who assists the provider in both adminstrative and clinical duties; education varies from on the job instruction to 2 years in an accredited program for medical assisting.
List and define three catagories of nurses found in the healthcare setting and compare their education and their scope of practice. → 1. LPN : care for the disabled, the sick, and the convalescent under the supervision of physicians or registered nurses.
2. NP: a licensed RN with a BSN. They may examine, diagnose, and treat clients. They practice under their basic RN license and in most states they may supervise MA's.
3. LVN: scope of practice is the same as the LPN.
Inclusion is another term for reciprocity?
True or False? → True
Medical Assistant: MA → Person with 1 to 4 years of education in an approved PA program; a PA works under the supervision of the physician.