5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Registered Nurse: RN
- Medical Technologist: MT
- A clinic manager may desire the
CMAS: Certified Medical Administrative Specialist, certification through the AAMA?
True or False?
- a False, The CMAS is certified through the AMT not the AAMA.
- b A graduate from a 2 year associate degree, 3 year diploma, or 4 to 5 year bachelors degree program who passed the state licensing examination for RN's. An RN works under the direction of a physician.
- c documentation usually from a professional organization that an individual has met certain requirements and standardss set forth by that organization
- d A grauduate from a 4 year college or university program in medical technology that includes 1 year of clinical experience in the laboratory. MT's perform complex tests and analyses, ensure accuracy of testing, and may supervise medical laboratory technicians.
- e Any healthcare professional who examines, diagnoses, and treats individuals; including MD's and DO's.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Person with 1 to 4 years of education in an approved PA program; a PA works under the supervision of the physician.
- A grauduate from a nine month to 1 year practical nurse vocational or college program who has passed the state licensing examination for practical or vocational nurses.
- reciprocity and endorsement
- A NP may practice independently where as a PA must have physician supv. ALthough both offer a wide range of services the PA is disease centered whereas the NP focuses on health promotion, disease prevention, health ED and counseling. THe NP must recertify every 5 years and the PA must re-exam every 6 years. Both the NP and the PA have restrictions in some states for prescribing controlled substances.
5 True/False Questions
Medical Assistant: MA → Person who assists the provider in both adminstrative and clinical duties; education varies from on the job instruction to 2 years in an accredited program for medical assisting.
Medical Transcriptionist perform an important part of the documentation process.
True or false? → True
Registration → documentation usually from a professional organization that an individual has met certain requirements and standardss set forth by that organization
Scope of Practice → documentation usually from a professional organization that an individual has met certain requirements and standardss set forth by that organization
Inclusion is another term for reciprocity?
True or False? → False