5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Medical Assistant: MA
- Inclusion is another term for reciprocity?
True or False?
- Licensed Practical Nurse : LPN
- Medical Technologist: MT
- a False
- b A grauduate from a 4 year college or university program in medical technology that includes 1 year of clinical experience in the laboratory. MT's perform complex tests and analyses, ensure accuracy of testing, and may supervise medical laboratory technicians.
- c Legal permission, granted by state statutes, to perform specific acts; for instance, a physician is licensed to practice medicine.
- d Person who assists the provider in both adminstrative and clinical duties; education varies from on the job instruction to 2 years in an accredited program for medical assisting.
- e A grauduate from a nine month to 1 year practical nurse vocational or college program who has passed the state licensing examination for practical or vocational nurses.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Person who has had education and experience in Current Procedural Terminology, 4th edition : CPT-4 and International Classification of Disease; ICD-9, soon to be ICD-10, coding; responsible for the correct application of codes for procedures, supplies, and diagnoses used for billing professional medical services.
- False, The CMAS is certified through the AMT not the AAMA.
- Person who has additional education and experience in the health-care field to manage a facility.
- Person with 1 to 4 years of education in an approved PA program; a PA works under the supervision of the physician.
5 True/False questions
Describe scope of practice for ambulatory healthcare personnel. → They are specifically trained to work in the ambulatory setting. These multiskilled personnel can perform administrative as well as clinical procedures and physicians value this unique versatility.
Medical Transcriptionist → A grauduate from a 4 year college or university program in medical technology that includes 1 year of clinical experience in the laboratory. MT's perform complex tests and analyses, ensure accuracy of testing, and may supervise medical laboratory technicians.
Physician → Any healthcare professional who examines, diagnoses, and treats individuals; including MD's and DO's.
Once the MD has achieved the designation of "Board Certified," he/she must ___. → They MD must recertify every 2 to 7 years.
What is the role of the MA in the ambulatory setting? → A graduate from a 2 year associate degree, 3 year diploma, or 4 to 5 year bachelors degree program who passed the state licensing examination for RN's. An RN works under the direction of a physician.