5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Medical Transcriptionist
- A clinic manager may desire the
CMAS: Certified Medical Administrative Specialist, certification through the AAMA?
True or False?
- The LPN and the LVN receive the same education?
True or False?
- Medical Assistant: MA
- Clinic Manager
- a True
- b Person who has additional education and experience in the health-care field to manage a facility.
- c Person who assists the provider in both adminstrative and clinical duties; education varies from on the job instruction to 2 years in an accredited program for medical assisting.
- d Person who may or may not have formal education; will have superior medical terminology as well as keyboarding and grammar skills; transcibes medical dictation.
- e False, The CMAS is certified through the AMT not the AAMA.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Nurse pratitioner is an RN; usually with a bachelor of science in nursing, who has sucessfully completed additional education in an NP program at a master's or doctorate level.
- Person who has had education and experience in Current Procedural Terminology, 4th edition : CPT-4 and International Classification of Disease; ICD-9, soon to be ICD-10, coding; responsible for the correct application of codes for procedures, supplies, and diagnoses used for billing professional medical services.
- Defines the procedures, actions and processes that are permitted for a professional depending on their education, experience, and demonstrated competency.
- Terminolgy used by state licensing boards that defines the procedures, actions, and processes that are permitted for a professional depending on their education, experience and demonstrated competency.
- A provider who is identified by law as a doctor of medicine : MD or a doctor of osteopathic medicine: OD.
5 True/False questions
Medical Transcriptionist perform an important part of the documentation process.
True or false? → True
Tickler File → Legal permission, granted by state statutes, to perform specific acts; for instance, a physician is licensed to practice medicine.
Licensed Practical Nurse : LPN → Nurse pratitioner is an RN; usually with a bachelor of science in nursing, who has sucessfully completed additional education in an NP program at a master's or doctorate level.
Name three examples of nonlicensed personnel in the health-care setting. → They are specifically trained to work in the ambulatory setting. These multiskilled personnel can perform administrative as well as clinical procedures and physicians value this unique versatility.
Provider → A provider who is identified by law as a doctor of medicine : MD or a doctor of osteopathic medicine: OD.