5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Licensed Practical Nurse : LPN
- What credentialing is required of a physician assistant in all states except MD, OH and NY?
- A clinic manager may desire the
CMAS: Certified Medical Administrative Specialist, certification through the AAMA?
True or False?
- a A grauduate from a nine month to 1 year practical nurse vocational or college program who has passed the state licensing examination for practical or vocational nurses.
- b Licensure
- c Any healthcare professional who examines, diagnoses, and treats individuals; including MD's and DO's.
- d False, The CMAS is certified through the AMT not the AAMA.
- e Legal permission, granted by state statutes, to perform specific acts; for instance, a physician is licensed to practice medicine.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Person who assists the provider in both adminstrative and clinical duties; education varies from on the job instruction to 2 years in an accredited program for medical assisting.
- AN agreement by which two states recognize the licensing procedures of each other, consider them valid, and grant licenses to practice based on the other states licensure. In some states, it is referred to as endorsement.
- Evidence of having achieved a certain level of knowledge through education or experience.
- Person who has additional education and experience in the health-care field to manage a facility.
5 True/False questions
List and define three catagories of nurses found in the healthcare setting and compare their education and their scope of practice. → 1. LPN : care for the disabled, the sick, and the convalescent under the supervision of physicians or registered nurses.
2. NP: a licensed RN with a BSN. They may examine, diagnose, and treat clients. They practice under their basic RN license and in most states they may supervise MA's.
3. LVN: scope of practice is the same as the LPN.
Medical / Professional Coder → Person who has had education and experience in Current Procedural Terminology, 4th edition : CPT-4 and International Classification of Disease; ICD-9, soon to be ICD-10, coding; responsible for the correct application of codes for procedures, supplies, and diagnoses used for billing professional medical services.
Endorsement → Evidence of having achieved a certain level of knowledge through education or experience.
The ____ is specifically prepared to work in a medical/practice? → They are specifically trained to work in the ambulatory setting. These multiskilled personnel can perform administrative as well as clinical procedures and physicians value this unique versatility.
Certification → AN entry in an official record listing names of persons satisfying certain requirements and level of education.