5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Once the MD has achieved the designation of "Board Certified," he/she must ___.
- Medical Assistant: MA
- When 2 states recognize the licensing procedures of each other, consider them valid, and grant licenses to practice based on the other states's licensure, this is called
- Medical Transcriptionist
- a They MD must recertify every 2 to 7 years.
- b Person who assists the provider in both adminstrative and clinical duties; education varies from on the job instruction to 2 years in an accredited program for medical assisting.
- c reciprocity and endorsement
- d documentation usually from a professional organization that an individual has met certain requirements and standardss set forth by that organization
- e Person who may or may not have formal education; will have superior medical terminology as well as keyboarding and grammar skills; transcibes medical dictation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- These are awarded to professionals within a particular field after gaining additional knowledge at a workshop or seminar.
- Terminolgy used by state licensing boards that defines the procedures, actions, and processes that are permitted for a professional depending on their education, experience and demonstrated competency.
- Nurse pratitioner is an RN; usually with a bachelor of science in nursing, who has sucessfully completed additional education in an NP program at a master's or doctorate level.
- They are specifically trained to work in the ambulatory setting. These multiskilled personnel can perform administrative as well as clinical procedures and physicians value this unique versatility.
5 True/False questions
Medical Transcriptionist perform an important part of the documentation process.
True or false? → AHDI
Medical Technologist: MT → Person who assists the provider in both adminstrative and clinical duties; education varies from on the job instruction to 2 years in an accredited program for medical assisting.
Registered Nurse: RN → AN entry in an official record listing names of persons satisfying certain requirements and level of education.
Medical / Professional Coder → Person who has had education and experience in Current Procedural Terminology, 4th edition : CPT-4 and International Classification of Disease; ICD-9, soon to be ICD-10, coding; responsible for the correct application of codes for procedures, supplies, and diagnoses used for billing professional medical services.
Reciprocity → AN agreement by which two states recognize the licensing procedures of each other, consider them valid, and grant licenses to practice based on the other states licensure. In some states, it is referred to as endorsement.