5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Once the MD has achieved the designation of "Board Certified," he/she must ___.
- List and define three catagories of nurses found in the healthcare setting and compare their education and their scope of practice.
- Medical Transcriptionist
- a 1. LPN : care for the disabled, the sick, and the convalescent under the supervision of physicians or registered nurses.
2. NP: a licensed RN with a BSN. They may examine, diagnose, and treat clients. They practice under their basic RN license and in most states they may supervise MA's.
3. LVN: scope of practice is the same as the LPN.
- b They MD must recertify every 2 to 7 years.
- c An agreement in which one state recognizes the licensing procedure of another state, considers it valid, and grants a license to practice; sometimes referred to reciprocity.
- d Person who may or may not have formal education; will have superior medical terminology as well as keyboarding and grammar skills; transcibes medical dictation.
- e Any healthcare professional who examines, diagnoses, and treats individuals; including MD's and DO's.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Legal permission, granted by state statutes, to perform specific acts; for instance, a physician is licensed to practice medicine.
- documentation usually from a professional organization that an individual has met certain requirements and standardss set forth by that organization
- A grauduate from a 4 year college or university program in medical technology that includes 1 year of clinical experience in the laboratory. MT's perform complex tests and analyses, ensure accuracy of testing, and may supervise medical laboratory technicians.
- A graduate from a certificate or associate degree program who works under the supervision of a provider or medical technologist in a laboratory preparing specimens and operating automated analyzers.
5 True/False questions
Physician Assistant : PA → Person with 1 to 4 years of education in an approved PA program; a PA works under the supervision of the physician.
Tickler File → A chronological file used as a reminder to do specific tasks on schedule; usually daily, weekly, or monthly.
Registration → documentation usually from a professional organization that an individual has met certain requirements and standardss set forth by that organization
Medical / Professional Coder → Person who assists the provider in both adminstrative and clinical duties; education varies from on the job instruction to 2 years in an accredited program for medical assisting.
Physician → A provider who is identified by law as a doctor of medicine : MD or a doctor of osteopathic medicine: OD.