5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the role of the MA in the ambulatory setting?
- A medical Transcriptionist may become certified by passing a certifying examination offered by the ___?
- Describe scope of practice for ambulatory healthcare personnel.
- Medical Transcriptionist
- When 2 states recognize the licensing procedures of each other, consider them valid, and grant licenses to practice based on the other states's licensure, this is called
- a They are specifically trained to work in the ambulatory setting. These multiskilled personnel can perform administrative as well as clinical procedures and physicians value this unique versatility.
- b Defines the procedures, actions and processes that are permitted for a professional depending on their education, experience, and demonstrated competency.
- c Person who may or may not have formal education; will have superior medical terminology as well as keyboarding and grammar skills; transcibes medical dictation.
- d AHDI
- e reciprocity and endorsement
5 Multiple choice questions
- A NP may practice independently where as a PA must have physician supv. ALthough both offer a wide range of services the PA is disease centered whereas the NP focuses on health promotion, disease prevention, health ED and counseling. THe NP must recertify every 5 years and the PA must re-exam every 6 years. Both the NP and the PA have restrictions in some states for prescribing controlled substances.
- 1. CMA
- Legal permission, granted by state statutes, to perform specific acts; for instance, a physician is licensed to practice medicine.
- A graduate from a certificate or associate degree program who works under the supervision of a provider or medical technologist in a laboratory preparing specimens and operating automated analyzers.
5 True/False questions
Tickler File → Legal permission, granted by state statutes, to perform specific acts; for instance, a physician is licensed to practice medicine.
Certification → AN entry in an official record listing names of persons satisfying certain requirements and level of education.
MTs are required in all ambulatory care settings?
True or False? → True
Continuing Education Units : CEU's → These are awarded to professionals within a particular field after gaining additional knowledge at a workshop or seminar.
What credentialing is required of a physician assistant in all states except MD, OH and NY? → Licensure