5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- MTs are required in all ambulatory care settings?
True or False?
- A clinic manager may desire the
CMAS: Certified Medical Administrative Specialist, certification through the AAMA?
True or False?
- Medical Laoratory Technician : MLT
- a A graduate from a certificate or associate degree program who works under the supervision of a provider or medical technologist in a laboratory preparing specimens and operating automated analyzers.
- b False
- c A provider who is identified by law as a doctor of medicine : MD or a doctor of osteopathic medicine: OD.
- d Any healthcare professional who examines, diagnoses, and treats individuals; including MD's and DO's.
- e False, The CMAS is certified through the AMT not the AAMA.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A grauduate from a 4 year college or university program in medical technology that includes 1 year of clinical experience in the laboratory. MT's perform complex tests and analyses, ensure accuracy of testing, and may supervise medical laboratory technicians.
- Person who assists the provider in both adminstrative and clinical duties; education varies from on the job instruction to 2 years in an accredited program for medical assisting.
- Evidence of having achieved a certain level of knowledge through education or experience.
- Nurse pratitioner is an RN; usually with a bachelor of science in nursing, who has sucessfully completed additional education in an NP program at a master's or doctorate level.
5 True/False questions
List two similarities and dissimilarities between a physician assistant and a nurse practitioner. → A NP may practice independently where as a PA must have physician supv. ALthough both offer a wide range of services the PA is disease centered whereas the NP focuses on health promotion, disease prevention, health ED and counseling. THe NP must recertify every 5 years and the PA must re-exam every 6 years. Both the NP and the PA have restrictions in some states for prescribing controlled substances.
Registration → AN entry in an official record listing names of persons satisfying certain requirements and level of education.
Certification → AN entry in an official record listing names of persons satisfying certain requirements and level of education.
Describe scope of practice for ambulatory healthcare personnel. → They are specifically trained to work in the ambulatory setting. These multiskilled personnel can perform administrative as well as clinical procedures and physicians value this unique versatility.
Medical Transcriptionist perform an important part of the documentation process.
True or false? → True