5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pituitary Gland
- Trigeminal Nerve (V)
- Nervous System
- a Contains sensory fibers that relay signals from the head, face, and teeth. (Chewing muscles). The branches are known as opthalmic, mazillary, and mandibular.
- b Exceptionally well-organized system that is responsible for coordinating all the many activities that are performed by the body.
- c Thin-walled, upper chamber of the heart through which blood is pumped to the ventricles. There is a right and a left.
- d The largest and most complex mass of nerve tissue in the body.
- e Most complex organ of the endocrine system. It affects almost every physiologic process of the body.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Release secretions called hormones directly into the bloodstream, which in turn influence the welfare of the entire body. Also known as ductless glands.
- This nerve brings about movement in the head and shoulders. Also is involved in the production of voice sounds.
- Affects the muscles of the chin and lowe lip
- Often referred to as the bodys pump. Muscular, cone-shaped organ that keeps the blood moving within the circulatory system.
- Produce a substance that travels through small. tube-like ducts. Sweat and oil glands of the skin belong to this group. Also known as duct glands.
5 True/False Questions
Platelets → Secretes enzyme-producing cells that are responsible for digesting carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Cells within the control insulin and glucagon production.
Nerves → Thin-walled blood vessels that less elastic that arteries. Contain cup-like valves that keep the blood flowing in one direction. Located closer to the skin surface.
Interstitial Fluid → Most complex organ of the endocrine system. It affects almost every physiologic process of the body.
Systemic Circulation → Carries the oxygenated blood from the heart throughout the body and ack to the heart again.
Endocrine System → Release secretions called hormones directly into the bloodstream, which in turn influence the welfare of the entire body. Also known as ductless glands.