6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM (Shakespeare) is written
- PRIDE AND PREJUDICE is first published.
- THE NAPOLEONIC WARS
- THE RESTORATION. James I's son Charles II is brought back to throne. The church of England is reestablished.
- REIGN OF TERROR by Robespierre (England turns against revolution and declares war)
- REGENCY ENGLAND. The age of Elegance and Display. King George III is King, but he has a mental illness and can't rule
5 True/False Questions
1775-1783 → THE FRENCH REVOLUTION. Political upheaval of France's absolute monarchy. Feudalism destroyed, new ideas of citizenship and rights. Ends with Execution of king and Marie Antoinette.
1805 → Jane Austen's father dies.
1660-1800 → GOEFFREY CHAUCER. Author of "The Canterbury Tales"
1673 → THE TEST ACT: all civil servants must take communion in an Anglican church and deny belief in transubstantiation.
1775-1817 → ENGLAND AND THE AMERICAN WAR FOR INDEPENDENCE begins and ends when? America gets independence from Britian; The "great experiment" of democracy begins.