6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- REGENCY ENGLAND. The age of Elegance and Display. King George III is King, but he has a mental illness and can't rule
- A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM (Shakespeare) is written
- PRIDE AND PREJUDICE is first published.
- GOEFFREY CHAUCER. Author of "The Canterbury Tales"
- THE "GLORIOUS" or "BLOODLESS" REVOLUTION. Mary (protestant) & her husband William III of Holland replace James II (the Catholic freak).
- BEOWULF probably written.
5 True/False questions
1793-1794 → THE FRENCH REVOLUTION. Political upheaval of France's absolute monarchy. Feudalism destroyed, new ideas of citizenship and rights. Ends with Execution of king and Marie Antoinette.
1789-1793 → REIGN OF TERROR by Robespierre (England turns against revolution and declares war)
1775-1783 → ENGLAND AND THE AMERICAN WAR FOR INDEPENDENCE begins and ends when? America gets independence from Britian; The "great experiment" of democracy begins.
1660-1800 → AGE OF SATIRE.
1673 → THE RESTORATION. James I's son Charles II is brought back to throne. The church of England is reestablished.