5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a noun: A gallant or chivalrous man.
adjective: Showing arrogant or offhand disregard.
- b adjective: Causing grief, pain, or anguish.
- c adjective: Stubbornly prejudiced, narrow-minded, or inflexible.
- d adjective: Corrosive and bitingly trenchant.
- e noun/adjective: A strong inner feeling, instinct, or notion of future misfortune, evil.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- verb: To talk or act insincerely or misleadingly; to equivocate.
- noun: The state or quality of requiring much effort or immediate action.
- noun: The loss of sounds in the interior of a word.
- noun: A long impassioned speech, especially one delivered before a gathering.
- adjective: Marked by or exhibiting sorrow, grief, or pain.
5 True/False Questions
Soporific → adjective: Causing or tending to cause sleep; sleep inducing.
Counterintuitive → noun: One who seeks favor, especially by insincere flattery or obsequious behavior.
Incorrigible → verb: To suggest someone is guilty of an offense; to incriminate.
Incumbent → verb: To suggest someone is guilty of an offense; to incriminate.
Demure → verb: To deceive by guile; to delude.