5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Rudyard Kipling
- Mary Shelley
- Jules Verne
- Crime and Punishment
- Arthur Conan Doyle
- a Pioneered the sci-fi genre. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Around the World in Eighty Days, Journey to the Center of the Earth.
- b English author of novels and poetry who was born in British India (1865-1936). Writer of The Jungle Book (1893) and the poem, White Man's Burden (1899).
- c British author. Wrote Frankenstein-- began 18, published at 20.
- d Scottish physician and writer. Wrote scientific fiction stories, novels, and romances. Wrote The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, banned in the USSR for occultism.
- e in an attempt to prove a theory, a student (Raskolnikov) murders two women, after which he suffers greatly from guilt and worry; psychological drama, setting in the 1860s
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Danish author of "The Ugly Duckling," "The Little Mermaid," and "The Little Match Girl."
- Jacob and Wilhelm, German academics. Wrote Die Deustches Wöterbuch, Rapunzel, Rumpelstiltskin.
- English author, wrote: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Through The Looking Glass, and Jabberwocky.
- Norwegian playwright. Godfather of modern drama. One of the founders of modernism in theatre. A Doll's House--1st feminist play.
- (Lewis) Carroll, sequel to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
5 True/False Questions
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland → Danish author of "The Ugly Duckling," "The Little Mermaid," and "The Little Match Girl."
The Time Machine → About a poor girl who sells matches in the street. Gets visions about Christmas tree, etc. Perishes.
The Little Mermaid → About a poor girl who sells matches in the street. Gets visions about Christmas tree, etc. Perishes.
Robert Louis Stevenson → Scottish novelist, poet, essayist, humanist. Wrote Treasure Island (1883), coming-of-age story. Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (about a guy with a split personality, a best-seller).
The Three Musketeers → 17th Century. Is about d'Artagnan, who leaves home to become a musketeer. Should be noted that he does not become one.