5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Peripheral Nervous System
- Motor Neurons
- Pituitary Gland
- Name the three parts of the brain we discussed.
- a Contains nerves that spread out from the central nervous system to the outer edges of the body
- b Neurons that send information from your brain and spinal cord to your body, telling our muscles and other organs what to do
- c Cerebrum, cerebellum, brainstem
- d The gland in your brain that is the central controller for many other hormone releasing glands
- e A function of the brain that sorts and processes information, making it understandable and usable
5 Multiple choice questions
- The largest part of the brain where most of your conscious actions are controlled and your thoughts are thought
- A special organ in your body that produces a chemical which your body needs
- The dendrite
- A type of neuron that is found between (and connects) other neurons
- The "little brain" that controls your complex muscle movements, helping you to maintain balance
5 True/False questions
Brainstem → Connects the brain to the spinal cord and controls things like your breathing and heartbeat
Nerves → Bundles of neural axons running together. They gather information from inside and outside the body and send it to the brain. They also carry commands from the brain to the body
What is the somatic nervous system? → It is the part of the nervous system that covers the involuntary activities of your body.
Cerebral Cortex → The largest part of the brain where most of your conscious actions are controlled and your thoughts are thought
What does a sensory neuron do? → It sends information from the brain or spinal cord to the muscles and organs of the body, telling them what to do.