5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What part sends the information on its way?
- Motor Neurons
- Thymus Gland
- a A special organ in your body that produces a chemical which your body needs
- b The gland that helps the body's defense system by producing hormones responsible for the development of a certain type of white blood cell
- c Neurons that send information from your brain and spinal cord to your body, telling our muscles and other organs what to do
- d Chemicals at the end of an axon that transmit information from one neuron to another
- e The axon
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- In the cell body
- The folded outer part of your cerebrum
- It sends information from the brain or spinal cord to the muscles and organs of the body, telling them what to do.
- one of the "arms" of a neuron that reaches out in many directions and gathers information
- A gland which sits on top of your kidney and releases the hormone epinephrine, which tells the cells to release any sugar stored up when you need to run away or fight (flight or fight response)
5 True/False Questions
What does a sensory neuron do? → It takes information to the brain or spinal cord
Nerves → Bundles of neural axons running together. They gather information from inside and outside the body and send it to the brain. They also carry commands from the brain to the body
What does the endocrine system ? → It makes and releases hormones to control activities in the body.
Pituitary Gland → The gland in your brain that is the central controller for many other hormone releasing glands
Peripheral Nervous System → Contains the brain and spinal cord