5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Adrenal Gland
- Motor Neurons
- a The condition that occurs when all of the systems in your body are working together to maintain a stable, healthy condition
- b A function of the brain that sorts and processes information, making it understandable and usable
- c Neurons that send information from your brain and spinal cord to your body, telling our muscles and other organs what to do
- d Chemicals produced in your glands and which are messengers. These chemicals travel through the blood stream telling cells or organs what to do and when to do it
- e A gland which sits on top of your kidney and releases the hormone epinephrine, which tells the cells to release any sugar stored up when you need to run away or fight (flight or fight response)
5 Multiple choice questions
- It takes information to the brain or spinal cord
- The gland which is on the front of the neck and produces a hormone that speeds up the rate at which cells burn their fuel for energy
- The gland in your brain that is the central controller for many other hormone releasing glands
- In the cell body
- The dendrite
5 True/False questions
Nervous System → The two part system (central and peripheral) that controls a huge number of activities in your body
What is the autonomic nervous system? → It is the part of the nervous system responsible for the voluntary movements you make.
Autonomic nervous system → The part of the peripheral nervous system that works automatically. It controls your smooth muscles so your organs can function without your thinking about them.
Synapse → The very tiny space between the axon terminal of one neuron and the dendrite of another
What does the endocrine system ? → It makes and releases hormones to control activities in the body.