5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the autonomic nervous system?
- Myelin sheath
- Autonomic nervous system
- Name the three parts of the brain we discussed.
- Adrenal Gland
- a The fatty tissue wrapped around an axon that allows information to travel more quickly down the axon
- b The part of the peripheral nervous system that works automatically. It controls your smooth muscles so your organs can function without your thinking about them.
- c It is the part of the nervous system that covers the involuntary activities of your body.
- d A gland which sits on top of your kidney and releases the hormone epinephrine, which tells the cells to release any sugar stored up when you need to run away or fight (flight or fight response)
- e Cerebrum, cerebellum, brainstem
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- It makes and releases hormones to control activities in the body.
- A type of neuron that is found between (and connects) other neurons
- In the cell body
- The gland that helps the body's defense system by producing hormones responsible for the development of a certain type of white blood cell
- It takes information to the brain or spinal cord
5 True/False Questions
Cerebral Cortex → The folded outer part of your cerebrum
Central Nervous System → Contains nerves that spread out from the central nervous system to the outer edges of the body
Axon → The part of the neuron that transmits information from the nucleus to the different parts of the body
Hormones → Chemicals produced in your glands and which are messengers. These chemicals travel through the blood stream telling cells or organs what to do and when to do it
Endocrine System → The two part system (central and peripheral) that controls a huge number of activities in your body