5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What part of a neuron receives information?
- Endocrine System
- Where do you find the nucleus in a neuron?
- a The part of the neuron that transmits information from the nucleus to the different parts of the body
- b The system that operates through hormones to coordinate and control many of the activities that go on in your body
- c one of the "arms" of a neuron that reaches out in many directions and gathers information
- d The dendrite
- e In the cell body
5 Multiple choice questions
- The condition that occurs when all of the systems in your body are working together to maintain a stable, healthy condition
- It sends information from the brain or spinal cord to the muscles and organs of the body, telling them what to do.
- A gland which sits on top of your kidney and releases the hormone epinephrine, which tells the cells to release any sugar stored up when you need to run away or fight (flight or fight response)
- Contains the brain and spinal cord
- It takes information to the brain or spinal cord
5 True/False questions
Somatic nervous system → The part of the peripheral nervous system that works automatically. It controls your smooth muscles so your organs can function without your thinking about them.
Hormones → Bundles of neural axons running together. They gather information from inside and outside the body and send it to the brain. They also carry commands from the brain to the body
Peripheral Nervous System → Contains nerves that spread out from the central nervous system to the outer edges of the body
Cerebral Cortex → The "little brain" that controls your complex muscle movements, helping you to maintain balance
What is the autonomic nervous system? → It is the part of the nervous system that covers the involuntary activities of your body.