5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- gluteus maximus
- voluntary muscles
- rapid eye movement sleep (REM sleep)
- What do muscle cells have a lot of that give them energy?
- smooth muscles
- a largest muscle in the body that connects the femur and the pelvic girdle
- b muscles you can control by thinking about it
- c these muscles have no striations or stripes; they can be found in blood vessels, stomach, intestines or bladder
- d Mitochondria
- e part of the sleep cycle where your eyes move a lot; there is high brain activity and relaxation of the large muscles
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- By elevating your heart rate for 30 minutes or more several times a week
- Muscles that work opposite of each other.
- strong, flexible fibers that attach bones to skeletal muscles
- Protein and exercise
- Skeletal, smooth and cardiac
5 True/False Questions
blood → a special substance that carries nutrients throughout your body
striations → the stripes in skeletal muscles
tendonitis → a painful occurrence when tendons get inflamed from overuse
What are tendons? → The tough fibers that connect your skeletal muscles to your bones.
muscle fibers → when muscles are partially contracted