5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the three kinds of muscle tissue in your body?
- What is muscle tone?
- muscle tone
- What are tendons?
- rapid eye movement sleep (REM sleep)
- a when muscles are partially contracted
- b Partial contraction of your muscles throughout the day.
- c Skeletal, smooth and cardiac
- d The tough fibers that connect your skeletal muscles to your bones.
- e part of the sleep cycle where your eyes move a lot; there is high brain activity and relaxation of the large muscles
5 Multiple choice questions
- the stripes in skeletal muscles
- these muscles have no striations or stripes; they can be found in blood vessels, stomach, intestines or bladder
- strands of protein that are found in each muscle fiber
- strong, flexible fibers that attach bones to skeletal muscles
- these muscles close the joint; bending at the joint
5 True/False questions
atrophy → when a muscle becomes weak and shrinks when it is not used much
filaments → even thinner strips of cells inside the myofibrils
Name two places in your body where you find smooth muscles → Blood vessels, stomach, intestines, and bladder
Where is your Achilles tendon? → In the back of your ankle.
What are antagonistic muscles? → pairs of muscles that work together so that when one muscle contracts, the other relaxes; they pull in opposite directions