5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How do you keep your cardiac muscles strong?
- voluntary muscles
- What do muscles need to grow?
- muscle tone
- a strands of protein that are found in each muscle fiber
- b Protein and exercise
- c By elevating your heart rate for 30 minutes or more several times a week
- d muscles you can control by thinking about it
- e when muscles are partially contracted
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the strongest muscle in body which allows humans to open and close their mouths
- found in the heart; involuntary muscles
- a special substance that carries nutrients throughout your body
- when a muscle becomes weak and shrinks when it is not used much
- a disease which begins with the masseter tightening and preventing the jaw from opening; it is also called lockjaw
5 True/False Questions
skeletal muscles → these muscles have no striations or stripes; they can be found in blood vessels, stomach, intestines or bladder
What are tendons? → strong, flexible fibers that attach bones to skeletal muscles
Name two places in your body where you find smooth muscles → Muscles that work opposite of each other.
striations → the stripes in skeletal muscles
flexor muscles → these muscles close the joint; bending at the joint