5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- flexor muscles
- muscle fibers
- Which of those muscle kinds are voluntary and which are involuntary?
- a a special substance that carries nutrients throughout your body
- b these muscles close the joint; bending at the joint
- c Skeletal muscles are voluntary smooth and cardiac are involuntary.
- d strong, flexible fibers that attach bones to skeletal muscles
- e skeletal muscle cell that are long and thin
5 Multiple choice questions
- largest muscle in the body that connects the femur and the pelvic girdle
- attach to bones and allow you to move
- pairs of muscles that work together so that when one muscle contracts, the other relaxes; they pull in opposite directions
- The tough fibers that connect your skeletal muscles to your bones.
- Blood vessels, stomach, intestines, and bladder
5 True/False questions
triceps brachii → muscle on the bottom of the upper arm
tendonitis → a painful occurrence when tendons get inflamed from overuse
How do you keep your cardiac muscles strong? → By elevating your heart rate for 30 minutes or more several times a week
paralyzed → a special substance that carries nutrients throughout your body
striations → the stripes in skeletal muscles