5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is muscle tone?
- smooth muscles
- rapid eye movement sleep (REM sleep)
- flexor muscles
- a these muscles have no striations or stripes; they can be found in blood vessels, stomach, intestines or bladder
- b the strongest muscle in body which allows humans to open and close their mouths
- c these muscles close the joint; bending at the joint
- d part of the sleep cycle where your eyes move a lot; there is high brain activity and relaxation of the large muscles
- e Partial contraction of your muscles throughout the day.
5 Multiple choice questions
- skeletal muscle cell that are long and thin
- when voluntary muscles move automatically without you consciously thinking about it
- a special substance that carries nutrients throughout your body
- muscles you can control by thinking about it
- Skeletal muscles are voluntary smooth and cardiac are involuntary.
5 True/False questions
tendonitis → strong, flexible fibers that attach bones to skeletal muscles
antagonistic muscles → pairs of muscles that work together so that when one muscle contracts, the other relaxes; they pull in opposite directions
triceps brachii → muscle on the top of the upper arm
tetanus → strong, flexible fibers that attach bones to skeletal muscles
tendons → a painful occurrence when tendons get inflamed from overuse