5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Which is the longest bone in your body?
- Can you name at least one kind of joint?
- Red Bone Marrow
- a The longest bone in the body-the thigh bone.
- b The femur
- c Hinge joint
Ball and socket joint
- d The outside layer of a bone: a thin, tough membrane.
- e This is the kind of bone marrow in which blood cells are made.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The cells that make new bones.
- The row of bones called vertebrae in the middle of the back that contains and protects the spinal cord.
- The layer of bone under the compact bone. It is a network of pores and tunnells interconnected in a pattern that makes the bone strong yet resilient.
- The bony supportive structure within the human body.
- The bone cells that eat away at the spongy layer, causing your bones to get wider.
5 True/False Questions
Where are the smallest bones in your body found? → In the ear
What are the two kinds of bone marrow? → This is the kind of bone marrow in which blood cells are made.
Name the different things that bones do for your body. → They give you form and hold you up, they protect organs, they make blood cells, they store minerals and fats, and they help you move.
Phalanges → Bones of the fingers and toes
What are osteoblasts? → The cells that make new bones.