5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What do ligaments do?
- What is the periosteum?
- a They hold the bones together
- b The bone cells that eat away at the spongy layer, causing your bones to get wider.
- c Bones of the spinal column
- d The tissues that connect one bone to another bone.
- e The outer layer on a bone that has nerves and blood vessels.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Red bone marrow and yellow bone marrow
- The longest bone in the body-the thigh bone.
- The group of bones that make up your head.
- The layer of bone under the compact bone. It is a network of pores and tunnells interconnected in a pattern that makes the bone strong yet resilient.
- Bones of the fingers and toes
5 True/False Questions
Sesamoid Bones → Small, round bones that are often found in the hands and feet; the largest is the patella.
Rib Cage → The bones that protect your heart and lungs.
What are osteoblasts? → The cells that make new bones.
Periosteum → The bones of your skull that protect your brain.
What mineral makes compact bone strong and hard? → Calcium