5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sesamoid Bones
- Compact Bone
- Can you name at least five other bones in your body by their scientific names?
- Rib Cage
- a Small, round bones that are often found in the hands and feet; the largest is the patella.
- b Thick, hard layer of bone under the periosteum.
- c ...
- d The bones that protect your heart and lungs.
- e The bones of your skull that protect your brain.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Fluid that allows the joints to move more easily.
- Bones of the fingers and toes
- The cells that make new bone
- The outside layer of a bone: a thin, tough membrane.
- The cranium
5 True/False Questions
Spongy bone → The layer of bone under the compact bone. It is a network of pores and tunnells interconnected in a pattern that makes the bone strong yet resilient.
Red Bone Marrow → This is the kind of bone marrow that consists primarily of cells which store fat.
What do ligaments do? → The tissues that connect one bone to another bone.
Name the different things that bones do for your body. → They give you form and hold you up, they protect organs, they make blood cells, they store minerals and fats, and they help you move.
Where are the smallest bones in your body found? → In the ear