5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Skeletal System
- What is the periosteum?
- Compact Bone
- a The outer layer on a bone that has nerves and blood vessels.
- b A mineral stored in your bones that helps keep your heart beating and your brain thinking. It also makes your bones strong.
- c The longest bone in the body-the thigh bone.
- d Thick, hard layer of bone under the periosteum.
- e The bony supportive structure within the human body.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Bones of the fingers and toes
- The cells that make new bones.
- Hinge joint
Ball and socket joint
- The bones that protect your heart and lungs.
- Bones of the spinal column
5 True/False Questions
Synovial Fluid → Fluid that allows the joints to move more easily.
Collagen → A firm but resilient material in the body and on the ends of bones that absorbs shock well and keeps the bones from getting hurt when they rub against one another.
Cartilage → A firm but resilient material in the body and on the ends of bones that absorbs shock well and keeps the bones from getting hurt when they rub against one another.
Where are the smallest bones in your body found? → The femur
What do ligaments do? → The tissues that connect one bone to another bone.