5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Rib Cage
- a The cells that make new bones.
- b The bones that protect your heart and lungs.
- c A mineral stored in your bones that helps keep your heart beating and your brain thinking. It also makes your bones strong.
- d The group of bones that make up your head.
- e The longest bone in the body-the thigh bone.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This is the kind of bone marrow that consists primarily of cells which store fat.
- Joints that do not move.
- This is the kind of bone marrow in which blood cells are made.
- The tissues that connect one bone to another bone.
- The cells that make new bone
5 True/False questions
Periosteum → The bones of your skull that protect your brain.
Spongy bone → The layer of bone under the compact bone. It is a network of pores and tunnells interconnected in a pattern that makes the bone strong yet resilient.
What is the periosteum? → The outer layer on a bone that has nerves and blood vessels.
Can you name at least one kind of joint? → The femur
Which is the longest bone in your body? → In the ear