5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Organisms that are found in conditions saline (salty) enough that most organisms cannot tolerate them.
- b (botany) tissue that conducts synthesized food substances (e.g., from leaves) to parts where needed
- c consisting of many cells
- d the mathematical process of obtaining the derivative of a function
- e A moss, liverwort, or hornwort; a nonvascular plant that inhabits the land but lacks many of the terrestrial adaptations of vascular plants.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- plants having seeds in a closed ovary
- having a backbone or spinal column
- Organisms that are found in conditions hot enough that most organisms cannot tolerate them.
- separating something into fine particles
- convert hydrogen gas and carbon dioxide into methane gas
5 True/False Questions
colonial → composed of many distinct individuals united to form a whole or colony
septum → a small usually single-celled reproductive body produced by many plants and some protozoans and that develops into a new individual
peptidoglycan → a protein carbohydrate compound found in bacterial cell walls
extracellular digestion → tissue that conducts water and nutrients through the plant body in higher plants
spore → (anatomy) a dividing partition between two tissues or cavities