5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Farmerswere slow to organize and promote their interest because they
a)were not well educated
b)did not possess the money necessary to establish a national political movement
c)were divided by the wealitheir, more powerful manufactureres and railroad barons
d)were too busy trying to eke out a living
e)were by nature highly independent and individualistic
- While president Theodore Roosevelt chose to label his reform proposals as the
- John Dewey can rightly be called the "father of ---"
- The settlement house and women's club movements were crucial centers of female pgrogressive activity because they
- Progressive reform at the level of city government seemed to indicate that the progressives highest priority was
- a ?
- b progressive education
- c governmental efficiency
- d introduced many middle-class women to a broader array of urban social problems and civic concerns
- e Square Deal
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Monroe Doctrine
- e)there was no acceptable alternative to their acquisition
- railroad regulations
The revolution in Panama began when ?
- it gave the voters a clear choice of political and economic philosophies.
5 True/False Questions
The progressive movement was instrumental in getting the Seventeenth amendment added to the constitution, which provided for → b)the wretched condition of its navy
by the 1890s the US was bursting with a new sense of power generated by an increase in population, wealth, industrial production
During the building of the Panama Canal, all of the following difficulties were encountered except → a)guerilla warfare wage by Panamanian rebels against the US
The independent republic annexed by the US during the Spanish-American War, but not acquired as a result of the war → Kansas, Colorado, Idaho, and Nevada
America's initial Open Door Policy was essentially an argument to promote → b)control of the sea was the key to world domination
Arrange the following events in chronological order → a personal income tax