5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Renewable Energy
- Biochemical oxygen demand (BOD)
- Animate Power
- a The sustainable use and management of a natural resource through consuming it at a less rapid rate than it can be replaced
- b A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
- c Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel
- d Power supplied by people or animals.
- e Amount of oxygen required by aquatic bacteria to decompose a given load of organic waste; a measure of water pollution.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Power supplied by machines
- Solar energy systems that collect energy through the use of physical devices like photovoltaic cells or flat-plate collectors
- Concentration of trace substances, such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, and solid particulates, at a greater level than occurs in average air.
- The level of development that can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to achieve a comparable level of development
- Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel
5 True/False Questions
Acid Precipitation → Conversion of sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides to acids that return to Earth as rain, sown , or fog.
Resource → A gas that absorbs ultraviolet solar radiation found in the stratosphere, a zone between 15 and 50 km above Earth's surface
Preservation → The sustainable use and management of a natural resource through consuming it at a less rapid rate than it can be replaced
Photochemical smog → An atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from motor vehicle emissions
Geothermal Energy → Energy from steam or hot water produced from hot or molten underground rocks.