5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Renewable Energy
- Potential Reserve
- Photovoltaic cell
- Active Solar Energy Systems
- a A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
- b Solar energy cells, usually made from silicon, that collect solar rays to generate electricity.
- c Solar energy systems that collect energy through the use of physical devices like photovoltaic cells or flat-plate collectors
- d The Separation, collection, processing, marketing, and reuse of unwanted material.
- e The amount of a resource in deposits not yet identified but thought to exist
5 Multiple choice questions
- Fuel that derives from plant material and animal waste
- Power supplied by people or animals.
- A gas used as a solvent, a propellant in aerosols, a refrigerant, and in plastic foams and fire extinguishers
- A place to deposit solid waste, where a layer of earth is bulldozed over garbage each day to reduce emissions of gases and odors from the decaying trash, to minimize fires, and to discourage vermin
- An atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from motor vehicle emissions
5 True/False questions
Fission → The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
Sustainable development → The level of development that can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to achieve a comparable level of development
Radiation waste → Power supplied by people or animals.
Preservation → The sustainable use and management of a natural resource through consuming it at a less rapid rate than it can be replaced
Conservation → Maintenance of a resource in its present condition with as little human impact as possible.