5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sustainable development
- Biomass Fuel
- Animate Power
- a Power supplied by people or animals.
- b The number of species within a specific habitat
- c The Separation, collection, processing, marketing, and reuse of unwanted material.
- d Fuel that derives from plant material and animal waste
- e The level of development that can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to achieve a comparable level of development
5 Multiple choice questions
- Energy from steam or hot water produced from hot or molten underground rocks.
- The amount of a resource in deposits not yet identified but thought to exist
- Maintenance of a resource in its present condition with as little human impact as possible.
- A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.
- A gas that absorbs ultraviolet solar radiation found in the stratosphere, a zone between 15 and 50 km above Earth's surface
5 True/False questions
Hydroelectric power → Power supplied by machines
Acid Deposition → Conversion of sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides to acids that return to Earth as rain, sown , or fog.
Sanitary Landfill → Power supplied by people or animals.
Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) → Solar energy cells, usually made from silicon, that collect solar rays to generate electricity.
Fission → Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel