5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Proven reserve
- a Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel
- b The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits
- c The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
- d A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.
- e Addition of more waste than a resource can accommodate
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Maintenance of a resource in its present condition with as little human impact as possible.
- Materials from a nuclear reaction that emit radiation; contact with such particles may be harmful or lethal to people; therefore, the Materials must be safely stored for thousands of years
- Sulfur oxides and nitrogen, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere - where they combine with oxygen and water to form sulfuric acid and nitric acid - and return to Earth's surface
- A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
- The number of species within a specific habitat
5 True/False Questions
Biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) → An atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from motor vehicle emissions
Breeder reactor → Maintenance of a resource in its present condition with as little human impact as possible.
Animate Power → Power supplied by machines
Active Solar Energy Systems → Solar energy systems that collect energy without the use of mechanical devices
Sanitary Landfill → A place to deposit solid waste, where a layer of earth is bulldozed over garbage each day to reduce emissions of gases and odors from the decaying trash, to minimize fires, and to discourage vermin