5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Radiation waste
- Potential Reserve
- Nonrenewable Energy
- Inanimate Power
- a Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel
- b Power supplied by machines
- c A source of energy that is a finite supply capable of being exhausted.
- d The amount of a resource in deposits not yet identified but thought to exist
- e Materials from a nuclear reaction that emit radiation; contact with such particles may be harmful or lethal to people; therefore, the Materials must be safely stored for thousands of years
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Power supplied by people or animals.
- The level of development that can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to achieve a comparable level of development
- A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.
- Amount of oxygen required by aquatic bacteria to decompose a given load of organic waste; a measure of water pollution.
- Energy from steam or hot water produced from hot or molten underground rocks.
5 True/False Questions
Preservation → The sustainable use and management of a natural resource through consuming it at a less rapid rate than it can be replaced
Ferrous → Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel
Conservation → Maintenance of a resource in its present condition with as little human impact as possible.
Sanitary Landfill → A place to deposit solid waste, where a layer of earth is bulldozed over garbage each day to reduce emissions of gases and odors from the decaying trash, to minimize fires, and to discourage vermin
Recycling → A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.