5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sustainable development
- Animate Power
- Photochemical smog
- a The sustainable use and management of a natural resource through consuming it at a less rapid rate than it can be replaced
- b An atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from motor vehicle emissions
- c Power supplied by people or animals.
- d The level of development that can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to achieve a comparable level of development
- e A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A place to deposit solid waste, where a layer of earth is bulldozed over garbage each day to reduce emissions of gases and odors from the decaying trash, to minimize fires, and to discourage vermin
- The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
- Conversion of sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides to acids that return to Earth as rain, sown , or fog.
- The amount of a resource in deposits not yet identified but thought to exist
- Concentration of trace substances, such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, and solid particulates, at a greater level than occurs in average air.
5 True/False questions
Active Solar Energy Systems → Solar energy systems that collect energy without the use of mechanical devices
Biomass Fuel → The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
Geothermal Energy → A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
Preservation → Maintenance of a resource in its present condition with as little human impact as possible.
Inanimate Power → Power supplied by people or animals.