5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Biochemical oxygen demand (BOD)
- Photovoltaic cell
- Sanitary Landfill
- a Solar energy cells, usually made from silicon, that collect solar rays to generate electricity.
- b A place to deposit solid waste, where a layer of earth is bulldozed over garbage each day to reduce emissions of gases and odors from the decaying trash, to minimize fires, and to discourage vermin
- c The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
- d The number of species within a specific habitat
- e Amount of oxygen required by aquatic bacteria to decompose a given load of organic waste; a measure of water pollution.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A gas used as a solvent, a propellant in aerosols, a refrigerant, and in plastic foams and fire extinguishers
- Addition of more waste than a resource can accommodate
- Conversion of sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides to acids that return to Earth as rain, sown , or fog.
- The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits
- The level of development that can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to achieve a comparable level of development
5 True/False questions
Animate Power → Power supplied by people or animals.
Air pollution → Addition of more waste than a resource can accommodate
Ozone → A gas that absorbs ultraviolet solar radiation found in the stratosphere, a zone between 15 and 50 km above Earth's surface
Preservation → The sustainable use and management of a natural resource through consuming it at a less rapid rate than it can be replaced
Hydroelectric power → Power generated from moving water