5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Inanimate Power
- Animate Power
- a The number of species within a specific habitat
- b The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
- c A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.
- d Power supplied by machines
- e Power supplied by people or animals.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A place to deposit solid waste, where a layer of earth is bulldozed over garbage each day to reduce emissions of gases and odors from the decaying trash, to minimize fires, and to discourage vermin
- Sulfur oxides and nitrogen, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere - where they combine with oxygen and water to form sulfuric acid and nitric acid - and return to Earth's surface
- The Separation, collection, processing, marketing, and reuse of unwanted material.
- Addition of more waste than a resource can accommodate
- A source of energy that is a finite supply capable of being exhausted.
5 True/False Questions
Greenhouse Effect → A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
Potential Reserve → The amount of a resource in deposits not yet identified but thought to exist
Active Solar Energy Systems → Solar energy systems that collect energy through the use of physical devices like photovoltaic cells or flat-plate collectors
Ferrous → Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel
Photovoltaic cell → An atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from motor vehicle emissions