5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Greenhouse Effect
- Biomass Fuel
- Photochemical smog
- Passive solar energy systems
- Inanimate Power
- a Anticipated increase in Earth's temperature caused by carbon dioxide (emitted by burning fossil fuels) trapping some of the radiation emitted by the surface.
- b Fuel that derives from plant material and animal waste
- c An atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from motor vehicle emissions
- d Power supplied by machines
- e Solar energy systems that collect energy without the use of mechanical devices
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A nuclear power plant that creates its own fuel from plutonium
- Sulfur oxides and nitrogen, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere - where they combine with oxygen and water to form sulfuric acid and nitric acid - and return to Earth's surface
- Solar energy cells, usually made from silicon, that collect solar rays to generate electricity.
- A gas used as a solvent, a propellant in aerosols, a refrigerant, and in plastic foams and fire extinguishers
- The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
5 True/False Questions
Biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) → Amount of oxygen required by aquatic bacteria to decompose a given load of organic waste; a measure of water pollution.
Recycling → A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.
Sustainable development → The level of development that can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to achieve a comparable level of development
Biodiversity → Fuel that derives from plant material and animal waste
Resource → A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.