5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Renewable Energy
- Passive solar energy systems
- Sanitary Landfill
- Nonrenewable Energy
- a Solar energy systems that collect energy without the use of mechanical devices
- b A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
- c A source of energy that is a finite supply capable of being exhausted.
- d A place to deposit solid waste, where a layer of earth is bulldozed over garbage each day to reduce emissions of gases and odors from the decaying trash, to minimize fires, and to discourage vermin
- e Addition of more waste than a resource can accommodate
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.
- Amount of oxygen required by aquatic bacteria to decompose a given load of organic waste; a measure of water pollution.
- A nuclear power plant that creates its own fuel from plutonium
- The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits
- Maintenance of a resource in its present condition with as little human impact as possible.
5 True/False Questions
Fission → Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel
Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) → A gas used as a solvent, a propellant in aerosols, a refrigerant, and in plastic foams and fire extinguishers
Ferrous → Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel
Photochemical smog → An atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from motor vehicle emissions
Inanimate Power → Power supplied by machines