5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Animate Power
- Acid Deposition
- Geothermal Energy
- a Power supplied by people or animals.
- b Energy from steam or hot water produced from hot or molten underground rocks.
- c Sulfur oxides and nitrogen, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere - where they combine with oxygen and water to form sulfuric acid and nitric acid - and return to Earth's surface
- d Addition of more waste than a resource can accommodate
- e Maintenance of a resource in its present condition with as little human impact as possible.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Solar energy systems that collect energy without the use of mechanical devices
- A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.
- The Separation, collection, processing, marketing, and reuse of unwanted material.
- Solar energy systems that collect energy through the use of physical devices like photovoltaic cells or flat-plate collectors
- An atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from motor vehicle emissions
5 True/False questions
Biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) → An atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from motor vehicle emissions
Greenhouse Effect → The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits
Fission → The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
Inanimate Power → Power supplied by people or animals.
Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) → Solar energy cells, usually made from silicon, that collect solar rays to generate electricity.