5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sustainable development
- Air pollution
- Proven reserve
- Biochemical oxygen demand (BOD)
- Breeder reactor
- a A nuclear power plant that creates its own fuel from plutonium
- b The level of development that can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to achieve a comparable level of development
- c Amount of oxygen required by aquatic bacteria to decompose a given load of organic waste; a measure of water pollution.
- d The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits
- e Concentration of trace substances, such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, and solid particulates, at a greater level than occurs in average air.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Solar energy systems that collect energy without the use of mechanical devices
- Energy from steam or hot water produced from hot or molten underground rocks.
- Materials from a nuclear reaction that emit radiation; contact with such particles may be harmful or lethal to people; therefore, the Materials must be safely stored for thousands of years
- Power generated from moving water
- An atmospheric condition formed through a combination of weather conditions and pollution, especially from motor vehicle emissions
5 True/False questions
Resource → A substance in the environment that is useful to people, is economically and technologically feasible to access and is socially acceptable to use.
Animate Power → Power supplied by people or animals.
Fission → The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
Nonferrous → Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel
Potential Reserve → The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits