5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Renewable Energy
- Acid Precipitation
- Photovoltaic cell
- Sustainable development
- Hydroelectric power
- a A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
- b Solar energy cells, usually made from silicon, that collect solar rays to generate electricity.
- c The level of development that can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to achieve a comparable level of development
- d Conversion of sulfur oxides and nitrogen oxides to acids that return to Earth as rain, sown , or fog.
- e Power generated from moving water
5 Multiple choice questions
- Materials from a nuclear reaction that emit radiation; contact with such particles may be harmful or lethal to people; therefore, the Materials must be safely stored for thousands of years
- A gas that absorbs ultraviolet solar radiation found in the stratosphere, a zone between 15 and 50 km above Earth's surface
- Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel
- The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
- Energy from steam or hot water produced from hot or molten underground rocks.
5 True/False questions
Air pollution → Concentration of trace substances, such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, and solid particulates, at a greater level than occurs in average air.
Inanimate Power → Power supplied by machines
Ferrous → Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel
Nonrenewable Energy → A source of energy that is a finite supply capable of being exhausted.
Conservation → The sustainable use and management of a natural resource through consuming it at a less rapid rate than it can be replaced