5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC)
- Renewable Energy
- Proven reserve
- a A resource that has a theoretically unlimited supply and is not depleted when used by humans.
- b Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel
- c A gas used as a solvent, a propellant in aerosols, a refrigerant, and in plastic foams and fire extinguishers
- d The splitting of an atomic nucleus to release energy
- e The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits
5 Multiple choice questions
- The amount of a resource in deposits not yet identified but thought to exist
- Power supplied by machines
- Anticipated increase in Earth's temperature caused by carbon dioxide (emitted by burning fossil fuels) trapping some of the radiation emitted by the surface.
- A source of energy that is a finite supply capable of being exhausted.
- Materials from a nuclear reaction that emit radiation; contact with such particles may be harmful or lethal to people; therefore, the Materials must be safely stored for thousands of years
5 True/False questions
Hydroelectric power → Power generated from moving water
Acid Precipitation → Sulfur oxides and nitrogen, emitted by burning fossil fuels, enter the atmosphere - where they combine with oxygen and water to form sulfuric acid and nitric acid - and return to Earth's surface
Air pollution → Concentration of trace substances, such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, and solid particulates, at a greater level than occurs in average air.
Animate Power → Power supplied by people or animals.
Pollution → Concentration of trace substances, such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, and solid particulates, at a greater level than occurs in average air.