5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Air pollution
- Sustainable development
- Hydroelectric power
- Proven reserve
- a Metals utilized to make products other than iron and steel
- b Concentration of trace substances, such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, and solid particulates, at a greater level than occurs in average air.
- c Power generated from moving water
- d The level of development that can be maintained in a country without depleting resources to the extent that future generations will be unable to achieve a comparable level of development
- e The amount of a resource remaining in discovered deposits
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A place to deposit solid waste, where a layer of earth is bulldozed over garbage each day to reduce emissions of gases and odors from the decaying trash, to minimize fires, and to discourage vermin
- Power supplied by people or animals.
- Amount of oxygen required by aquatic bacteria to decompose a given load of organic waste; a measure of water pollution.
- Power supplied by machines
- A gas that absorbs ultraviolet solar radiation found in the stratosphere, a zone between 15 and 50 km above Earth's surface
5 True/False Questions
Conservation → Maintenance of a resource in its present condition with as little human impact as possible.
Breeder reactor → A nuclear power plant that creates its own fuel from plutonium
Active Solar Energy Systems → Solar energy systems that collect energy without the use of mechanical devices
Recycling → The Separation, collection, processing, marketing, and reuse of unwanted material.
Ferrous → Metals, including iron, that are utilized in the production of iron and steel