5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the newspeak word for Ministry of Plenty?
- Definition of Newspeak
- What party is O'Brien a member of?
- Definition of Doublethink
- When did the Great Purges occur?
- a In the fifties
- b The Inner
- c Miniplenty
- d Newly created language of Oceania
- e Holding two contradictory thoughts at the same time
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The Ministry of Truth
- The future and the unborn
- Emmanuel Goldstein
5 True/False Questions
Winston is afraid of → Oceania's form of government
What is the Brotherhood? → A shadowy organization
At the climax of the Two Minutes Hate, Goldstein's face turns into the face of → a sheep
What are ways the government of Oceania controls its citizens? → Rewrite history, fear of bad thoughts, fear of common enemy, monitor the citizens using cameras, corrupt babies and children (teach them to love Big Brother and hate most other things), rallies to generate support, and creation of a new laguage
what country does Winston dream of? → The Outer