5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Where did Winston find the book without a title?
- What are ways the government of Oceania controls its citizens?
- what country does Winston dream of?
- What does Winston do for the Ministry of Truth?
- What is the newspeak word Ministry of Truth?
- a Lying in the window of a frowsy little junk shop in a slummy quarter of the town
- b Minitrue
- c Golden Country
- d Edits and revises historical records. Deletes the record of people who have been vaporized.
- e Rewrite history, fear of bad thoughts, fear of common enemy, monitor the citizens using cameras, corrupt babies and children (teach them to love Big Brother and hate most other things), rallies to generate support, and creation of a new laguage
5 Multiple choice questions
- the freedom to say that two plus two make four
- All records of your existence are erased
5 True/False questions
what is the official Slogan of Oceania? → Airstrip One
What is the newspeak word for Ministry of Love? → Minitrue
Winston reflects that the only thing "cheap and plentiful" is → synthetic gin
The sash around Julia's waist is what color? → He buys and writes in a journal
Which ministry deals with war? → The Ministry of truth