5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what is the official Slogan of Oceania?
- Why do tears spring to Rutherford's eyes in the Chestnut Street Cafe?
- What year was Winston born in?
- What health problem does Winston have?
- What city did the unexpected atom bomb fall on?
- a Varicose
- b War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
- c 1944 or 1945
- d A song, "Under the spreading chestnut tree, I sold you and you sold me," is played over the telescreen
- e Colchester
5 Multiple choice questions
- You are vaporized
- He buys and writes in a journal
- Thinking anti-party thoughts
- All records of your existence are erased
5 True/False questions
How many family members does Winston have? → none
Which ministry deals with monitoring and controlling the population? → Ministry of Love
Mr. Charrington offers to sell Winston a print of: → St. Clement's Dane
Winston's hostile and glaring colleague in the Records Department is named → Tillotson
Complete the slogan: "Who controls the past, controls the future; . . ." → Ministry of Love