5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- amino acids
- a The biological name of an organism in the binomial system contains two parts, the genus and the
- b The phenomenon that probably gave rise to the organelles in eukaryotes is
- c One day while Dr. Rogers was working in his taxonomic laboratory, a package arrived with the following label: "Beware, the contents of this package contains a eukaryotic, multicellular, nonmotile, nonphotosynthetic life form. Open with extreme caution." Dr. Rogers quickly closed the doors and windows of his laboratory and opened the package. To which kingdom of life could this life form belong?
- d Which of the following was produced in experiments on primitive Earth conditions conducted by Miller-Urey and others?
- e In the taxonomic hierarchical system for grouping organisms, the next higher group to a family is
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Of the following, the correct order from largest, most inclusive group to smallest, most specific group, is
- The characteristics of life include all of the following except
- The oldest fossils of eukaryotes have been estimated to be
- Which of the following is generally not considered essential to explain the origin of life on Earth?
- Which one of the following statements about endosymbiosis and the origin of the eukaryotic cell is false?
5 True/False Questions
Archaebacteria → A kingdom not containing eukaryotes is
six kingdoms → Most biologists now recognize and use a newer system for classification of all organisms that identify
Eukarya → An organism has just been located and needs to be placed into one of the domains of life. The characteristics that have been reported are multicellular and autotrophic. Based on your knowledge, which domain should this organism be placed?
Linnaeus → The binomial system of classification of organisms was developed by
3 → The apparatus in the figure was used by Stanley Miller and Harold Urey to study the origin of life on Earth. The presence of what compound in chamber B in the apparatus will prevent the accumulation of simple organic molecules in compartment A?