5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a The phenomenon that probably gave rise to the organelles in eukaryotes is
- b Molecular data indicates that land plants belong in the same ________ as green algae.
- c The apparatus in the figure was used by Stanley Miller and Harold Urey to study the origin of life on Earth. The presence of what compound in chamber B in the apparatus will prevent the accumulation of simple organic molecules in compartment A?
- d Kingdom ____________would include green algae and land plants.
- e Segmentation is thought to have evolved three times, twice in protostomes and once in deuterstomes as seen in the
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Which one of the following statements about the classification of annelids and arthropods is false?
- Although the Archaebacteria were classified in the same group with the Bacteria, they are probably more closely related to the Eukarya. Which one of the following features do they share in common with the bacteria?
- Which of the following was produced in experiments on primitive Earth conditions conducted by Miller-Urey and others?
- Which one of the following statements about viruses is false?
- The binomial system of classification of organisms was developed by
5 True/False Questions
class → If two organisms are in the same phylum and the same order, then they also belong to the same
prokaryotes → Segmentation is thought to have evolved three times, twice in protostomes and once in deuterstomes as seen in the
Viruses can be placed in the Archaea Domain of life because of their similarities with these primitive organisms → Which one of the following statements about viruses is false?
RNA → Living organisms can be divided into _____ domains.
inoculating with a few bacteria to get the process started → An experimental test of the hypothesis to explain the origin of the first organic compounds on Earth might include all of the following sequential steps (starting with A and proceeding to E) except