5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- There had to be a reducing atmosphere rather than one with oxygen, otherwise formation of those molecules would have been extremely difficult.
- a Living organisms can be divided into _____ domains.
- b Kingdom ____________would include green algae and land plants.
- c Of the following primitive Earth conditions and chemical reactions, which one do biochemists know was important to the formation of amino acids and subsequent formation of complex carbon molecules that are common to life?
- d The first living organisms that arose on earth are believed to have evolved according to a series of steps represented by the appearance of specific molecules. Of the molecules listed, which one would most likely have appeared fourth?
- e One day while Dr. Rogers was working in his taxonomic laboratory, a package arrived with the following label: "Beware, the contents of this package contains a eukaryotic, multicellular, nonmotile, nonphotosynthetic life form. Open with extreme caution." Dr. Rogers quickly closed the doors and windows of his laboratory and opened the package. To which kingdom of life could this life form belong?
5 Multiple choice questions
- True multicellularity is a major characteristic of
- Two principal organelles of eukaryotes that share features with one another and with bacteria from which they apparently were derived are the
- Which of the following statements about viruses is not accurate?
- Which one of the following statements about endosymbiosis and the origin of the eukaryotic cell is false?
- Which one of the following statements about viruses is false?
5 True/False questions
O2 → Living organisms can be divided into _____ domains.
prokaryotes → Segmentation is thought to have evolved three times, twice in protostomes and once in deuterstomes as seen in the
photosynthesis → All of the following were produced in experiments on primitive Earth conditions conducted by Miller-Urey and others, except for
class, order, family, genus, species → The order Passeriformes includes all of the so-called perching birds. Select a choice (A-E) to make the following sentence true: The next more inclusive taxon to the Passeriformes would be the ________; the next less inclusive taxon would be the __________.
how mitochondria and chloroplasts were derived from prokaryotic cells → Which one of the following statements about viruses is false?