← Renaissance Terms Test
6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- renaissance scholars who specialized in the humanities and stressed the individual & thinking for yourself
- luther's belief that faith alone was enough to reach salvation
- french followers of calvin
- by Erasmus, ridiculed ignorance, superstition and vice among the clergy & ordinary Catholics
- gave Huguenots freedom of worship, published by Henry IV
- a new way to make artwork in which things looked more realistic because things up close were bigger than things far away, revolutionizing artwork.
5 True/False Questions
predestination → a religious revolution that split the christian church into many sects in western europe
fresco → written by thomas more, a book describing a perfect society, criticizing the society of his day
theocracy → a government calvin set up that was ruled by the clergy and claimed god's authority.
reformation → a religious revolution that split the christian church into many sects in western europe
"Renaissance Man" → a man talented in many areas