5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- next business day- arraigiment in district court in front of judge, bailiff and accused. judge appoints a lawyer if accused needs one, sets...
- civil case
- if judge at preliminary hearing(General District Court) agrees with probable cause, goes to.....
- takes suspect to the...
- a magistrate
- b court cases involving disputes over money or property between individuals or businesses
- c preliminary hearing date
- d a person accused of crime in a court case
- e grand jury(panel of 12)
5 Multiple choice questions
- statement under oath
- 8years-appeals and circuit, 6 years- district- can be re-elected
- grand jury
- 12 years, elected by majority of both houses of General Assembly
- Circuit court trial
5 True/False questions
reasonable doubt → doubt about guilt of a criminal defendant
grand jury → a group that hears evidence in a crimnial case and decides whether there is enough evidence to bring the accused person to trial
criminal case → court cases involving disputes over money or property between individuals or businesses
probable cause → the reason for an arrest, based on the knowledge of a crime and the available evidence
felony → lawyer