5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Women's Christian Temperance Union
- James G. Blaine
- Anti- Imperialist League
- De Lome Letter
- a group of americans who opposed the creation of us colonial empire
- b system of managing government through departments run by appointed officials
- c This organization was dedicated to the idea of the 18th Amendment - the Amendment that banned the manufacture, sale, or transportation of alcohol.
- d Spanish Ambassador's letter that was illegally removed from the U.S. Mail and published by American newspapers. It criticized President McKinley in insulting terms.
- e a U.S. Representative, Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, U.S. Senator from Maine, two-time United States Secretary of State, and champion of the Half-Breeds. He was a dominant Republican leader of the post Civil War period, obtaining the 1884 Republican nomination, but lost to Democrat Grover Cleveland.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the choosing of a candidate for the representation of a political party
- The reclaiming of land and natural resources
- guaranteed both the US and England rights to the panama canal.
- Secretary of State under McKinley and Roosevelt who pioneered the open-door policy and Panama canal
- This 1906 law used the Interstate Commerce Commission to regulate the maximum charge that railroads to place on shipping goods.
5 True/False questions
Treaty of Paris → message send by secretary of state John Hay in 1899 to Germany, Russia, Great Britain, France, Italy & Japan asking the countries not to interfere with US trading rights in China.
Dollar Diplomacy → Term used to describe the efforts of the US to further its foreign policy through use of economic power by gaurenteeing loans to foreign countries
Collectivism → a political theory that the people should own the means of production
Insubordination → going against authority
Worker's Compensation → the company's insurance pays for medical bills if an employee gets hurt while on the job