5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Distributive bargaining
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
- Agent-principal relationship
- Crown Cork and Seal Company
- Maintenance of membership
- a Agency that has authority to conduct union representation elections and investigate unfair labor practices.
- b NLRB decision that lifted some of the restrictions on employers' use of employee participation committees.
- c Contract clause that states that an employee may or may not choose to join a union but once the employee joins, he/she must maintain membership for the duration of the contract.
- d Principle under which regulations on unfair labor practices that apply to employers and unions also apply to acts of their agents.
- e When parties are in conflict over an issue and the outcome represents a gain for one party and a loss for the other; each party tries to negotiate for the best possible outcome.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Agreement or contract negotiated through collective bargaining process.
- Set of two or more people who are equally accountable for the accomplishment of a purpose and specific performance goals.
- Mutuality of interests among employees in bargaining for wages, hours, and working conditions.
- Type of contract negotiation based on four premises:1) separate the people from the problem, 2) focus on interests, not positions, 3) invent options for mutual gain, and 4) insist on objective criteria.
- Contract stipulation in which both parties waive the right to demand bargaining on any matter not dealt with in the contract, whether or not that matter was contemplated when the contract was negotiated or signed.
5 True/False questions
Duty of good faith and fair dealing → Imposes on each party in a contract an obligation for honesty in the conduct of the transaction.
Telecommuting → Working via computing and telecommunications equipment.
Negligent hiring → Hiring of an employee who the employer knew or should have known, based on a reasonable pre-hire investigation of the employee's background, posed a risk to others in the workplace.
Grievance procedure → Provides an orderly way to resolve differences of opinion in regard to a union contract.
Task force → Temporary allocation of personel and resources for the accomplishment of a specific objective.