5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Task force
- Inevitable disclosure
- Integrative bargaining
- Duty of successor employers or unions
- Community of interests
- a Takes place when there is more than one issue to be resolved; focuses on creative solutions to conflicts that reconcile parties' interests and result in mutual benefit.
- b Mutual bargaining obligation of an employer and a union when a majority interest in a unionized company is sold to another employer.
- c Mutuality of interests among employees in bargaining for wages, hours, and working conditions.
- d Temporary allocation of personel and resources for the accomplishment of a specific objective.
- e Enables an employer to prevent an employee from taking employment with a competitor when the current employer's trade secrets might "inevitably" be disclosed.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Provisions in a collective bargaining agreement designed to protect the institutional authority or survival of the union (e.g., making union membership or payment of dues compulsory for all or some of the employees in a bargaining unit).
- Injuring someone's reputation by making a false and malicious statement; may be spoken (slander) or written (libel).
- Generally means that parties in a negotiation enter into discussion with fair and open minds and a sincere desire to arrive at an agreement.
- List the employer has to provide to the union with the names and addresses of certain employees within seven days after the direction of or consent to an election.
- Type of contract negotiation based on four premises:1) separate the people from the problem, 2) focus on interests, not positions, 3) invent options for mutual gain, and 4) insist on objective criteria.
5 True/False Questions
Industrial democracy → Breaks the monotony of routine jobs by shifting people between comparable but different jobs.
Job enlargement → Broadening the scope of a job by expanding the number of different tasks to be performed.
Authorization cards → Removes authority of a bargaining representative in a non-right-to-work state to negotiate or enforce a union security clause.
Civil Service Reform Act → Act that minimally restricted the use of injuctions against labor and legalized peaceful strikes, picketing, and boycotts.
Union → Formal association of employees that promotes the interests of its membership through collective action.