5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- El Nino
- Endangered Species Act
- Exotic Species
- a The federal legislation that mandates protection of species and their habitats that are in danger of extinction.
- b The death of all individuals of a particular species. This results in loss of genes and biodiversity.
- c Major climatic phenomenon characterized by the movement of unusually warm surface water ito the eastern equatorial Pacific Ocean. Results in extensive disruption of weather around the world.
- d A blend of 90% gasoline and 10% alcohol, used to help extend gasoline supplies.
- e A nonnative species introduced to an area. may experience exponential growth due to a lack of natural predators, and take over valuable native species
5 Multiple choice questions
- the wood used in many developing countries for cooking and heating
- The theory that ecosystems have natural checks and balances.
- A stage in the ecological succession of a lake where nutrient rich water provides abundant growth of algae and or other aquatic plants. Called middle-aged lake.
- A species where the population is declining, and may be endanger of extinction without positive human intervention. Reasons are habitat destruction and pollution. organisms include specialists that need specific habitat needs.
- A bay open to the ocean at one end and receiving fresh water from a river at the other end, hence mixing of fresh and salt water occurs.
5 True/False questions
Fuel assembly → the wood used in many developing countries for cooking and heating
Environmental Resistance → The branch of science that studies environmental issues.
Exponential Increase → The branch of science that studies environmental issues.
Epicenter → Also known as airplants, some nutrients for the air. usually tropical plants grow on trees but are not parasitic.
Fossil fuels → Takes into account all the food chains in an ecosystem.