5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fire Climax ecosystems
- Fission products
- a Ecosystems that are dependent on the fire for their reproduction and regeneration.
- b Combination of evaporation and transpiration
- c Includes all of the biotic and abiotic factos that can affect and organism.
- d The natural aging process of a lake that is greatly accelerated by human actions. also called cultural eutrophication, casued by additions of nutrients mainly nitrogen and phosphorus
- e Refers to the atoms, usually radioactive and the subatomic particles resulting from the splitting of atoms in a nuclear reactor.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Refers to rods containing nuclear fuel, usually uranium. The chain reaction in the fuel assembly is controlled by these rods.
- Splitting of an atom into two atoms of lighter elements. This is basic of nuclear energy production
- Law of Conservation of Energy. States that energy is never created but only converted from one form to another.
- Major climatic phenomenon characterized by the movement of unusually warm surface water ito the eastern equatorial Pacific Ocean. Results in extensive disruption of weather around the world.
- The theory that ecosystems have natural checks and balances.
5 True/False questions
Extinction → The death of all individuals of a particular species. This results in loss of genes and biodiversity.
Food Chain → Simplified view of the transfer of energy and material from one organism to another. They are never very long due to the tremendous energy lost at each step.
Endangered species → The federal legislation that mandates protection of species and their habitats that are in danger of extinction.
Environmental Science → the totality of factors such as adverse weather conditons , shortage of food or water, predators, and diseases that will keep populations from growing to their biotic potential.
Geothermal → The naturally hot interior of Earth.