5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Fire Climax ecosystems
- Environmental Resistance
- Fuel wood
- a Ecosystems that are dependent on the fire for their reproduction and regeneration.
- b the wood used in many developing countries for cooking and heating
- c occurs when habitats are divided into a patch work of intact forest land and deforested lands.
- d The naturally hot interior of Earth.
- e the totality of factors such as adverse weather conditons , shortage of food or water, predators, and diseases that will keep populations from growing to their biotic potential.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The branch of science that studies environmental issues.
- Used to describe the warming of the earth's atmosphere.
- A nonnative species introduced to an area. may experience exponential growth due to a lack of natural predators, and take over valuable native species
- The federal legislation that mandates protection of species and their habitats that are in danger of extinction.
- A blend of 90% gasoline and 10% alcohol, used to help extend gasoline supplies.
5 True/False Questions
Epiphytes → Also known as airplants, some nutrients for the air. usually tropical plants grow on trees but are not parasitic.
Epicenter → the origination point of an earthquake
Evapotranspiration → The natural aging process of a lake that is greatly accelerated by human actions. also called cultural eutrophication, casued by additions of nutrients mainly nitrogen and phosphorus
Food Web → Simplified view of the transfer of energy and material from one organism to another. They are never very long due to the tremendous energy lost at each step.
Environment → the origination point of an earthquake