5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Fecal Coliform Test
- Environmental Science
- Endangered species
- a A species where the population is declining, and may be endanger of extinction without positive human intervention. Reasons are habitat destruction and pollution. organisms include specialists that need specific habitat needs.
- b The branch of science that studies environmental issues.
- c Test for presence of the bacteria Escherichia coli, typically found in the gut of humans and other mammals. Used to determine the contamination of a body of water. The presence of fecal coliform is an indication that harmful bacteria are present.
- d Includes all of the biotic and abiotic factos that can affect and organism.
- e The death of all individuals of a particular species. This results in loss of genes and biodiversity.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A blend of 90% gasoline and 10% alcohol, used to help extend gasoline supplies.
- Refers to the atoms, usually radioactive and the subatomic particles resulting from the splitting of atoms in a nuclear reactor.
- The naturally hot interior of Earth.
- the wood used in many developing countries for cooking and heating
- Major climatic phenomenon characterized by the movement of unusually warm surface water ito the eastern equatorial Pacific Ocean. Results in extensive disruption of weather around the world.
5 True/False Questions
Equilibrium theory → The theory that ecosystems have natural checks and balances.
Fragmentation → The death of all individuals of a particular species. This results in loss of genes and biodiversity.
Endangered Species Act → The federal legislation that mandates protection of species and their habitats that are in danger of extinction.
Fossil fuels → Splitting of an atom into two atoms of lighter elements. This is basic of nuclear energy production
Global Warming → Used to describe the warming of the earth's atmosphere.