5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fecal Coliform Test
- Global Warming
- a refers to change over time. States that all species now on Earth descended gradually from ancestoral species through process known as natural selection.
- b Splitting of an atom into two atoms of lighter elements. This is basic of nuclear energy production
- c Test for presence of the bacteria Escherichia coli, typically found in the gut of humans and other mammals. Used to determine the contamination of a body of water. The presence of fecal coliform is an indication that harmful bacteria are present.
- d Used to describe the warming of the earth's atmosphere.
- e occurs when habitats are divided into a patch work of intact forest land and deforested lands.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Combination of evaporation and transpiration
- The branch of science that studies environmental issues.
- Major climatic phenomenon characterized by the movement of unusually warm surface water ito the eastern equatorial Pacific Ocean. Results in extensive disruption of weather around the world.
- A bay open to the ocean at one end and receiving fresh water from a river at the other end, hence mixing of fresh and salt water occurs.
- the origination point of an earthquake
5 True/False questions
Extinction → The death of all individuals of a particular species. This results in loss of genes and biodiversity.
First Law of Thermodynamics → Refers to the atoms, usually radioactive and the subatomic particles resulting from the splitting of atoms in a nuclear reactor.
Gasohol → A blend of 90% gasoline and 10% alcohol, used to help extend gasoline supplies.
Epiphytes → the origination point of an earthquake
Endangered species → A species where the population is declining, and may be endanger of extinction without positive human intervention. Reasons are habitat destruction and pollution. organisms include specialists that need specific habitat needs.