5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Locke's ideas on natural rights were related to human law in that
- The framers of the Constitution gave the chief economic policymaking role to
- The delegates to the Constitutional Convention did not worry about preserving individual rights for all of the following reasons.
- Thomas Jefferson's phrase "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" was a modification of John Locke's phrase "Life, liberty, and...
- What was the significance of the Annapolis meeting?
- a laws are determined by an innate moral sense
- b because the limited government couldn't threaten personal freedoms
- c discussed problems from the Articles of Confederation
- d property
- e Congress
5 Multiple choice questions
- is to have each branch check and regulate each other to keep the system balanced
- chose all free males
- 2/3 vote in each house of Congress or a national convention called by Congress at the request of 2/3 state legislatures
- can revolt against the government if necessary
- slaves were legal (except in Massachussets)
5 True/False questions
In setting the broad rules of the game of politics, constitutions → divide power and gives guarantees to the citizens
Ratification of the Constitution → special conventions in each state
Lockean thought and the Declaration of Independence are similar in that both → a justification of a revolution
As originally established by the Constitution, the House of Representatives had how many members from each state? → different amounts based on population
The Supreme Court in Marbury v. Madison (1803) aserted the power of the Court to → resolve differences of opinion